Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Prelude (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-prelude-4/)
-   -   HELP!!!!! swap done car wont start (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-prelude-4/help-swap-done-car-wont-start-2768842/)

buffgsr 04-29-2010 12:27 PM

HELP!!!!! swap done car wont start

the car is a 92 civic hatchback with a h2b h22a engine b16 tranny...i checked the majority of the wiring and the car turns over it has spark in the coils..but the car wont start....the harness is obd1, sooooo so i put starter fluid in the car and it started right up then it shut off so i know its not a timing issue... i also have obd2 injectors on it from a type r and and im running a p72 ecu from gsr..i even added a resistor box then took it back off and still nothing any help would be great i want to start enjoying my swap

thanks

Acidcrakker 04-29-2010 01:21 PM

Re: HELP!!!!! swap done car wont start

starter fluid? Ive never had to use that.

Check to make sure that your injectors are firing.

jordan_rael_420 04-29-2010 02:17 PM

this will help out alot https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-prelude-4/faq-dropping-new-motor-doesnt-work-what-start-checking-970610/

duanes 04-29-2010 02:35 PM

Seriously sounds like the fuel pump isn't running. Search around on the threads for "Fuel pump relay". It shuts off in an accident to prevent a fire. I don't know the particulars, but there is a way to test it.

buffgsr 04-30-2010 05:47 AM

will the car start without a crank sensor

ben_deez 04-30-2010 11:35 AM

are you running a virgin p72, on a h22...., or is it chipped with the correct fuel maps loaded...,

also, if its jdm, is your fuel pressure regulator still plugged into that evap purge valve on top of your fuel rail...., if it is, just plug the vacuum line directly into the intake manifold.. but if you have a usdm rail, which is what it sounds like, then obviously disreguard the above tip

check tps for calibration, make sure your map sensor is working correctly, and not criss-crossed with the tps connector

if no cel, make sure your cel bulb is not blown

if you are running a virgin p72, you might have knock sensor issues until you can disable it...

check o2 sensor and wiring, and then make sure your ignition timing is at 15 degrees btdc

buffgsr 05-01-2010 05:10 AM

yeah its a stock p72 which ive read on here that it will run the car but not recommended i just want the car to start then ill tune it the same day i live like 5 min from the dyno but the prob is getting it to start..

buffgsr 05-01-2010 02:12 PM

so far car wont start im so pissed i was thinking maybe cause i have a resistor box on the car with obd1 injectors now but running a p28 and p72

ben_deez 05-01-2010 02:46 PM

you need a p13 ecu, or have your ecu chiped, with a p13 map on it.... no bullshit man, you should take it out and don't try to run it with that ecu...... really bad things can happen..., the "B" and "H" motors use completely different configurations on their maps...

guarentee if you got a p13, or put a p13 map on your current ecu, it will start

for real though, you can severely damage your motor..., detonation, and timing problems, plus the b18 has no egr valve, among other things..., like different start up fuel ratios, and mixtures... just do a search on the net, it's bad

BigBlock22 05-01-2010 10:58 PM

first off, like mentioned before, use the proper ecu. you may also want to check the distributor rotor to make sure its not in backwards (180° the wrong way). if you can hear the fuel pump priming then do not worry about the relay for that circuit. but do get the right injectors, take those type-r injectors off and get the low impedance injectors for a h22 to work with the resistor box and p13 ecu base map (if you get it chipped). the "crank sensor" you are referring to is a crank angle position sensor which is in the distributor. if that sensor was not communicating with the ecu it would not start. do you know whether the p72 you are using is obd1 or obd2? if its obd2 ecu then that would explain some ignition problems if you were using a td-60 distributor for a h22. how did you obtain a h22 without an p13 ECU? sounds like you have some things you need to purchase before you worry about getting your engine running.

fastlane2 05-02-2010 10:21 PM

P13, P13, P13 what else do we need to say. What is your fuel pressure.

ilikehonda 05-03-2010 06:09 AM

It should still start on the p72. it will idle and run like poop but should start. id be looking into getting the correct ecu

fastlane2 05-03-2010 02:31 PM

I started mine on the Accord OBD2 ECU but that was just a test, it ran like crap.

buffgsr 05-04-2010 08:25 AM

its fixed i went and got a base map and runs like a champ thats why i come to you guys....thanks a ton

fastlane2 05-04-2010 10:19 PM

Nice :thumbup:

coolAcy91 05-05-2010 12:32 AM

maybe the firing order is off?? If it starts then it shuts off It has to be the timing belt, if it wasn't TDC Top dead Center when you tightened it back on then it run the pressure man... let me know what happens

BigBlock22 05-05-2010 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by coolAcy91 (Post 42382395)
maybe the firing order is off?? If it starts then it shuts off It has to be the timing belt, if it wasn't TDC Top dead Center when you tightened it back on then it run the pressure man... let me know what happens

its all good bro, he got his car running... thought you should know