Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

H22a with bad idle and car kept on dying. HLEP

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 09:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H22a with bad idle and car kept on dying. HLEP

HI. I recently swap a jdm h22a into my 94 accord. almost everything runs fine. vtec engaged. run strong. but i have one problems.. my car dies bad and dies when the car warms up . when i start up my car the idle is normal, but once the motor warms up the idle started to bogs up and down for a while than it settles with a very low idle and sounds like its gonna die ( with a little shake). if i rev up the motor a little to like 2 or 3 rpm and let go off gas.. idle would drop down and bog up once than drop to zero and the car dies... i could drive the car but have to steps on the gas alittle to keep the idle up when stopping on stop light. if not than the idle would drop to zero everytime i try to come to a complete stop or when stepping on the clutch alone while the car still running. only happen when the car warms up.. i check everything and seem like its correct. throwing a cell ( EGR lift senoild), but i dont think its thats. anyone have the simlar problems at all with there h22..any advice would help. thanks.
Old 11-15-2004, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: H22a with bad idle and car kept on dying. HLEP (accord-lude)

Maybe try adjusting your idel with the throttle cable
after the car is warmed up.
Old 11-15-2004, 05:26 PM

Hey bro, I know have a 96 civic ex with a jdm h22a and I had the same problem. Theres only two things that I checked on mine and it worked. Under the throtle body there is a plate shaped like a quater with two screws. Unscrew and then theres going to be this nipple looking sensor just tighten it back up. Also check the trottle body and your tps make sure it is clean including with your valve. Check the module on your ignition. I guarantee that one of these will help you. Later Bro. Good Luck
Old 11-15-2004, 07:47 PM

Default Re: H22a with bad idle and car kept on dying. HLEP (angelgsrteg)

i have already check that. and tighten up the nipple looking sensor thing, and still doing the same thing. so i dont knoe. clueless. throttle cable are tighten up as well, i check verything. already got new distributor as well.. but none of it tends to be the problems...have no clues of what to do next.
Old 11-15-2004, 11:01 PM

Also, take off your intake and see if the throttle body is sucking much air through the bottom hole just inside of where your intake connects to it. It should not do that after the car is warm. Also, check for vacuum leaks as mentioned above.