Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

H22 turbo build questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 06:14 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H22 turbo build questions

I'm starting a turbo build for my 99 Honda prelude does any one know where you should degree these cams and do you set the timing at all or does the ecm do that ?? Iv got bc forced induction stage 2 cams , and what's everyone running for an ecm I was thinkin of getting the aem standalone fuel management system that just plugs into ur stock harness Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated
Old 04-03-2016, 10:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: H22 turbo build questions

Your supposed to degree the complete motor to get Peak lift according to the cam card you should have been provided with your cams, id say leave cams at 0 EX -O IN Hondata should be more than enough have you looked into that?
Old 04-03-2016, 11:26 AM
Trial User

No I'm new at the import engine building so I don't know much about the after market side of Things Iv got the h22 block re sleeved with darton wet sleeves the stock crank , forged pistons and rods I ported and polished the head , cleaned up the valves there just stock put bc valve springs and retainers on it , bought a cheep turbo kit off eBay it's nuthin crazy .. I just don't know a lot about the tune end of things and where it should be timed to that kinda stuff lol but thanks for the info so I'll just degree the to 0 you think?
Old 04-03-2016, 02:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

as he said, the cams should have come with a data card telling the specs for the cams in order to degree them properly. you degree them according to position of the lobe centers.

as for ignition timing, thats all handled via the tune.

before you buy anything for tuning, you need to find a good tuner first, then ask what they're capable of tuning, and what they suggest you get. a system is worthless if your tuner can't work with it or doesnt know it.