h22 swapped cb7, drivability issues, no cel, checked timing - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

h22 swapped cb7, drivability issues, no cel, checked timing

Old 02-25-2010, 06:06 PM   #1

Default h22 swapped cb7, drivability issues, no cel, checked timing

Ok, i have a 91 accord lx with a h22a from tiger auto the motor itself is solid and ive logged 5k on it already. I've been having problems with the car bogging upon acceleration, mostly under 3500rpm. It happens while cruising and getting up to speed as well. I release the clutch, the car starts to go and then it feels like Im in quick sand or something...

If I pin it though, it'll go but ill choke and shudder bad. Sometimes the tires will even break loose up.

First thing I thought was timing, I had my timing belt done by a veteran honda mechanic, and the belt itself seems to be fine with cam gears/water pump/ balance shaft etc... I checked the timing through the keyhole on the transmission, spot on. I checked the dizzy as well I switched it to the 2000 si dizzy like specified in the swap guide.

There are no CEL, the timing marks are all on, it has to be fuel or air related...does anybody know if a bad IACV could cause this? I have a bad one and have been meaning to replace it but they arent cheap. It idles between 1k-1.5k on a steady loop but sometimes it drops to as low as 500!!! I have the air bleed 3 turns out to see if that would help

I can be more specific if you need, im not a troubleshooting whiz im hoping this sticks out to someone and they can say did you check your....

whatever throw me a bone, btw im running the p13 and i heard those suck and can create some drivability issues... it sounds like a basic troubleshooting problem but with no cel i dont know where to start so i hope some experienced people can give me an idea
$Tweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:35 PM   #2
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: h22 swapped cb7, drivability issues, no cel, checked timing

Your IACV could be bad, have you tried cleaning it out? There's a good thread in the FAQ on idles and I think there is also one on bogging and hesitation in the 3k area.
minilogoguy18 is offline   Reply With Quote