Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

Blown head gasket in a 90 Prelude...

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 04:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blown head gasket in a 90 Prelude...

i've had this car for about 3 yrs...had a major work done at 144k (timing, gaskets, clutch, a lot of other stuff) now at 167 i'm starting to have problems...

oh the engine is a b21a i believe...

i blew the 3rd cyl out 2 mo. back, burned up the valves....had them replaced and changed the gaskets and had to have the head milled....well everything ran fine for a few months now i'm having some problems...

i noticed that it overheated....didn't notice any leaking but i filled the radiator and it was fine for 3 or 4 weeks....then when i was at the mall it wouldn't start at all....itd turn over and when it went to pop off it just didn't do anything....make a few noises but stop....on the 10th or 15th try it would start but sputter as if it wasn't getting a spark for a few sec but then run fine after that.....well i changed the spark plugs and wires and it didn't do it again until a week ago it overheated and then yesterday it did the won't start thing again...it started fine this morning but didn't at lunch....it took about 10 starts again....

i can't see antifreeze in the oil (not milky) and the antifreeze has no sign of oil in it....
but every time it does the won't start thing as soon as it starts white smoke billows out of the exhaust for about 10 seconds then stops....i assumed it was burned gas that didn't fire because of my plugs but obviously that isn't it....

what i'm assuming is that the milled head isn't fitting right and my gasket is letting antifreeze leak into the cylinder....why it won't start is because it can't burn the gas/antifreeze until the antifreeze is out of the cyl...which is why it takes 10 trys to get all the antifreeze out of the cylinder.....

anyone got a diagnosis....i can do normal stuff (plugs, brakes, electrical, belts) but have never tinkered with the innerworkings of an computerized car (i'm assuming it is)....

any help would be appreciated...

i've also noticed that i can't find a manual for this kind of stuff....anywhere i can get one?...
Old 05-23-2005, 05:58 PM

Default Re: Blown head gasket in a 90 Prelude... (hurricanenamedditka)

ttt
Old 05-24-2005, 05:11 AM

Default Re: Blown head gasket in a 90 Prelude... (hurricanenamedditka)

no one can help this idiot?