Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

All N/A 13 Second Owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 07:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: All N/A 13 Second Owners (98vtec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 98vtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if you dont have inspiration to go faster then please go away.

thanks.</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL!
Old 03-04-2007, 07:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: All N/A 13 Second Owners (NAmiata)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NAmiata &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Wow! I apologize fellas, I've never had the pleasure of owning an all capitals VTEC before

It looks even more retarded when you consider a STOCK V6 Camry runs low 14’s.</TD></TR></TABLE>

you are again?

check yourself rookie

when you want to come in and play with the big boys, wait for the invite...in the meantime here is a cookie, now get the fvck out

Blake:

What are you expecting to run this season? And what weight mods...well removal have you accomplished?

to the OP:

you good with the info? Its possible, but not likely less you want to be well rounded, or spend alot of money
Old 03-04-2007, 09:33 AM
moderator emeritus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NAmiata &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I never have had a problem with going faster but I’m suggesting that the Prelude isn’t the best platform to achieve 13’s on a reasonable budget. But in the end it’s your car and your money. Carry on…….</TD></TR></TABLE>

you dont think we already know that?

I'm sure md23vtec and oaks racing thought the same things when they put their ludes into the 10's.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow! I apologize fellas, I've never had the pleasure of owning an all capitals VTEC before, so the spelling isn’t etched in my mind. Again, if you want to spend thousands of dollars, then yes there’s room for improvement on the beloved VEETEK. Obviously some make more gains than others, the prelude not being one of them. How many N/A Preludes are in the 13’s again? It looks like there are a few on earth but how much did it cost to get there and how much of the car did you throw in the dumpster? Don’t get me wrong I’m a huge fan of the Prelude (especially the 5th gen) but these measures to reach high 13’s are a little much. It looks even more retarded when you consider a STOCK V6 Camry runs low 14’s.</TD></TR></TABLE>

...die.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:44 AM
moderator emeritus

Default Re: All N/A 13 Second Owners (madcatz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by madcatz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

you are again?

check yourself rookie

when you want to come in and play with the big boys, wait for the invite...in the meantime here is a cookie, now get the fvck out

Blake:

What are you expecting to run this season? And what weight mods...well removal have you accomplished?

to the OP:

you good with the info? Its possible, but not likely less you want to be well rounded, or spend alot of money</TD></TR></TABLE>

well, as much as i would love to run 13's i dont see it happening because i dont have alot of experience with strip racing. Once i get the car setup to a point to where i think traction is going to be the least of my worries , i'll start going out to the track and practicing cuz of right now it pointless for me to go out to the track and just spin the whole time.

I've got a couple more weight savings moves to do:

my rota's are supposed to be here anyday now. I havent talked to bb6_213 in a couple weeks but he was supposed to be getting brackets made to put the traction bar together. The lighterfaster CF sunroof plug is definitely going to be ordered in the future. I mean come on, it drops 50lbs from the top of the car.

Right now i've got the following weight reductions:
no power steering
no ac
no cruise control
rear portion has been gutted
Cf hood
no center console
NRG race bucket
no seat belt assembly

i've done some more things but i just cant think of them cuz i just woke up, lol. But im really hoping that once i get the plug, wheels and traction bar that i'll be breaking into the 2600lbs range.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Good job blake! 2600lbs for a 5th gen is amazing! I am not willing to do all those weight savings yet, DD in that must be a beeatch. Always have someone up to look up to
Old 03-04-2007, 10:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: All N/A 13 Second Owners (Silver Surfer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Silver Surfer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

you know what else that would be good for?
putting extra miles on his odometer that aren't being driven
throwing off his speedo for daily driving
lowering top speed
decreasing gas mileage
reducing sizewall flex on launch, increasing chance of wheelspin

and any wheel that is street driven is not going to be light enough to make much of a difference on the track......why, cause i've done it.....are we done racing in theory and on paper now?

but if you were reading earlier when the final drive was suggested, you are basically creating the same effect.

if you are going to post on a subject, stop and think about weither or not your post is going to contribute something with technical merit, and then make sure you have a good understanding of the subject...
If your post includes
I think
possibly
my opinion
etc
don't post it in a tech forum</TD></TR></TABLE>

oh god get off your f'in high horse. I guess if someone recommends slicks you're going to list some disadvantages of those for a daily driver?
Old 03-04-2007, 10:14 AM
moderator emeritus

Default Re: All N/A 13 Second Owners (hamadiscool)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hamadiscool &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Good job blake! 2600lbs for a 5th gen is amazing! I am not willing to do all those weight savings yet, DD in that must be a beeatch. Always have someone up to look up to </TD></TR></TABLE>

not really actually. Drives perfect. Other than this friggin electrical issue im having which i have narrowed down to the ignition switch.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I meant like it is probably loud and I know that I would miss a/c and power steering during parallel parking . By the way I though u loved cruise control?
Old 03-04-2007, 12:51 PM
jdmlude5

Default Re: All N/A 13 Second Owners (NirVTECn2o)

13,90 i/h/e vtec controller. gutted also. but it did u dont believe it ask (md23vtec). he was there. and helped with my swap
Old 03-04-2007, 01:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: All N/A 13 Second Owners (jdmlude5)

Hey Blake, have you ever considered a carbon fiber sunroof plug? I dont know where to buy it but I was told it would save about 50lbs. Good luck with your weight reduction
Old 03-04-2007, 01:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you dont read every post throughly do you?

he already said he is gonna get the lighter faster CF roof pug

lol

Im too lazy to quote
Old 03-04-2007, 01:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (madcatz)

^ wups... skimming ftl
Old 03-04-2007, 03:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: All N/A 13 Second Owners (AzCivic1.6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AzCivic1.6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
oh god get off your f'in high horse. I guess if someone recommends slicks you're going to list some disadvantages of those for a daily driver? </TD></TR></TABLE>
go cry to someone who cares, we all remember your ignorance in the final drive thread

if you'll notice he suggested reducing the overall diameter of the tire to help with gearing.....but since this is about drag racing i also commented that it wasn't a good idea to reduce your sidewall if you wanted to help out your 60ft.......but you probably didn't bother to read that portion of my post

Old 03-04-2007, 06:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

this is gonna be a short list. j/k

13 second lude NA w/ full interior??

thats good stuff
Old 03-04-2007, 06:47 PM
moderator emeritus

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Silver Surfer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
go cry to someone who cares, we all remember your ignorance in the final drive thread

if you'll notice he suggested reducing the overall diameter of the tire to help with gearing.....but since this is about drag racing i also commented that it wasn't a good idea to reduce your sidewall if you wanted to help out your 60ft.......but you probably didn't bother to read that portion of my post

</TD></TR></TABLE>

let it go man. Easy up. Makes for a better posting environment
Old 03-04-2007, 06:48 PM
moderator emeritus

Default Re: All N/A 13 Second Owners (hamadiscool)

well, the only reason my car is loud is because i dont run the axle back of my N1.

sounds good at WOT tho

your right, i did love cruise control..........when it WORKED
Old 03-04-2007, 07:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

</TD></TR></TABLE>

What's the stock diameter? 24" or so. I guess YOU might have problems getting 22 or 23" slicks to hook up but I hear others like them. So they're getting less weight w/ the smaller rims and better gearing and I'm willing to bet they're not having any problems w/ going to a smaller diameter wheel/tire and breaking into the 13's.

My ignorance? MMmkay...

Modified by AzCivic1.6 at 8:23 PM 3/4/2007
Old 03-04-2007, 07:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

13.85, but most of my interior is stripped. I have carpet, and that is it. 191whp...

I plan on hitting low 13s here in a month when I get my head back...if the lady has it done. "It should only take 4 weeks."...is the same thing she told my friend that had his down for 6.
Old 03-04-2007, 07:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AzCivic1.6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
What's the stock diameter? 24" or so. I guess YOU might have problems getting 22 or 23" slicks to hook up but I hear others like them. So they're getting less weight w/ the smaller rims and better gearing and I'm willing to bet they're not having any problems w/ going to a smaller diameter wheel/tire.

My ignorance? MMmkay...</TD></TR></TABLE>
am i really gonna have to spell it out for you again?

this was quoted earlier, but as we've seen before, you don't read
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hamadiscool &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
so the overall height of the wheels are the following:
4th gen: 23.87 in
5th gen: 24.07 in
</TD></TR></TABLE>

so you are right that many people are using smaller diameter slicks with good results
probably because it gives them plenty of traction and improved acceleration from the smaller diameter, though i've never actually run my car on slicks

HOWEVER, if you know anything about slicks with respect to a street tire or r-compound, you'd know the sizewalls aren't anywhere near as stiff.......
and you guessed it folks, that makes his arguement ignorant and irrelevent
"wrinkle-wall" it's like talking to a child
slicks are made to flex under stress
Old 03-04-2007, 07:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

am i really gonna have to spell it out for you again?

this was quoted earlier, but as we've seen before, you don't read

so you are right that many people are using smaller diameter slicks with good results
probably because it gives them plenty of traction and improved acceleration from the smaller diameter, though i've never actually run my car on slicks

HOWEVER, if you know anything about slicks with respect to a street tire or r-compound, you'd know the sizewalls aren't anywhere near as stiff.......
and you guessed it folks, that makes his arguement ignorant and irrelevent
"wrinkle-wall" it's like talking to a child
slicks are made to flex under stress</TD></TR></TABLE>

no way the side walls aren't as stiff?? OMG I didn't know that!?!@IOI! That couldn't be part of why they're aren't having problems could it!?!?!!#($$JE We're talking about drag racing and your talking about street tires. The other guy was talking about lower the diameter and using lighter weight wheels, you popped your big mouth into this spouting all the reasons you shouldn't do it. Except oh wait that's exactly what those running 22/23" slicks are doing and if you're trying to break into 13's N/A it's probably best to do it on a damn DRAG tire.
Old 03-04-2007, 07:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Honestly, you should be banned just because of your reading comprehension
I wasn't the one who brought up street tires, but i was replying based on the subject of street tires.....so take your bullshit somewhere else until you can read and comprehend everything that's been posted

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hamadiscool &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I am not gonna argue anymore but I just have one last thing to say, smaller wheels also mean less rotational mass.

I was just trying to get at the point that he should get lighter and smaller wheels. Something like 15" 205 width (or 215) and 50 profile. So that would be for best acceleration on the track.

-Moh</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 03-04-2007, 07:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: All N/A 13 Second Owners

Can you guys pm each other all this crap? I don't think the OP wanted all of this.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

enough of this

use preludes for what they were made for: real racing, like races with turns

leave drag races to crappy civics
Old 03-04-2007, 08:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mgags7)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mgags7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">enough of this

use preludes for what they were made for: real racing, like races with turns

leave drag races to crappy civics</TD></TR></TABLE>

I totally agree with that.

Quick Reply: All N/A 13 Second Owners