Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

98 Prelude hose part #

Old 10-17-2010, 12:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 Prelude hose part #

this happened yesterday
ok so i was rollin round outta town parked my car went and did my thing came back out noticed water under the car ... fired the car up no notice able leaks being i was parked in a dark spot .. started driving .. watching my temp ... it was above normal in no time .. pulled into the gastation where i had light .. noticed a worn hose that had a tear by the hose clamp ..
so i did what any good on the go backyard mechanic would do with no tools in hand lol ... jimmy-d 2 screw drivers together with some zap straps to make some hose clamp pliers .. pulled the ripped part of the hose cut it off and popped it back on replaced the water everything is fine for now but its gettin cold here .. and of course now no anti freeze in the coolant ..
i bought some anti freeze and was trying to buy the hose but lordco has the wrong hose apparently
i dont know what this hose actually is named but here is my description

facing the car from the front bumper looking in .. its on passenger side and looks like it goes into the side of the head .. in between the couple sensors there .. then it runs off behind the intake manifold to the back of the engine area into some inlet or something ..
lordco showed me a hose but its bent the wrong ways and its definately not long enough ..
i dont want to use the anti freeze only to lose a bunch when i replace this hose .. would like to do all this in 1 shot .. if anyone can give me some insight as to what this hose is called .. ? a lordco part number for it ? i think it is a heater hose to valve ..
but theres is wayy too small the one listed for this make model and year 98 prelude h22a4 vtec automatic
thanks in advance sorry for my long post .. but i figure info is the best ..
Old 10-17-2010, 03:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 98 Prelude hose part #

For some dumb reason on the parts website it shows it under engine>water pipe but doesn't list the part number but it's the heater inlet hose. It goes from the cylinder head to the firewall.
Old 10-17-2010, 05:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 98 Prelude hose part #

yea i thought so .... but the hose lordco pulls for it is wayyyyyyy to short and bent all the wrong way ...