Go Back  Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion > Honda and Acura Model-Specific Technical Forums > Honda Prelude
Reload this Page >

96 Prelude speedometer problem and shifting problem I believe

Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

96 Prelude speedometer problem and shifting problem I believe

Old 10-05-2018, 03:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 Prelude speedometer problem and shifting problem I believe

So I got this 1996 prelude off a friend with a new H23a3 he was planning on putting on. I had to get a transmission. So I got one at the junk yard with 150,000 miles off a 94.
a couple days ago I've change the VSS and the Knock sensor I got at a salvage yard because of the check engine light.
also when I drove it before the car would jerk and the speedometer would move like crazy. Today I drove it and it was fine until I hit a red light. My rpm were low and then it stall. I started up again and the speedometer was jumping up and down and didn't want to shift.

Please help. I don't know what else to do
ps. Water did fell in VSS after installing it
Old 10-06-2018, 01:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 96 Prelude speedometer problem and shifting problem I believe

Originally Posted by Sandove View Post
So I got this 1996 prelude off a friend with a new H23a3 he was planning on putting on. I had to get a transmission. So I got one at the junk yard with 150,000 miles off a 94.
a couple days ago I've change the VSS and the Knock sensor I got at a salvage yard because of the check engine light.
also when I drove it before the car would jerk and the speedometer would move like crazy. Today I drove it and it was fine until I hit a red light. My rpm were low and then it stall. I started up again and the speedometer was jumping up and down and didn't want to shift.

Please help. I don't know what else to do
ps. Water did fell in VSS after installing it
CEL is on? Have you pulled the codes?