Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

92-96 JDM Prelude Retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 02:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (egcoupe94)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by egcoupe94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I do believe so. Let me PM him to make sure.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That seems a bit low for all the parts, I can understand charging that for labor charges, but not with all the parts
Old 08-25-2006, 03:38 PM
most hood white kid

Default Re: (prelude1897)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by prelude1897 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

That seems a bit low for all the parts, I can understand charging that for labor charges, but not with all the parts</TD></TR></TABLE>

my correction, he sold his HID retrofit for $675. the $300 retrofit was an IS300 foglight retrofit, sorry for the confusion. Id say, if you go down to $700. might have more buyers. nonetheless, awesome work!!!
Old 08-25-2006, 03:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (axlline)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by axlline &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Great job , I think mine set a little further forward to now that I look at them. I can't believe there are so many people afraid to tear into the headlights. It's not hard, you just have to do it right, and take your time. That is where the price comes from, it is labor intensive to make them look great. I used a closed projector so I wouldn't have to put the flat piece in there. here's a pic so everyone understands what I'm talking about.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hey axl what front lip is that?
Old 08-25-2006, 04:06 PM

I agree. $700 sounds a lil better
Old 08-25-2006, 06:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (94GSRCivic)

I would go lower, but the price of retrofit parts have been going up, cause I guess salvage yards and ebay people are realizing what people actually do with the parts. I mentioned that if you would like me ot use the black plastic instead of BMW shrouds, I would go down to $750, but if you want the BMW shrouds, then it'll have to cost $800 cause those things aren't cheap and they're becoming rare. I still have the best prices around that I've seen so far Some people sell these for $900-$1200 which is pretty crazy to me and I wouldn't want to sell them for that much
Old 08-25-2006, 07:13 PM
most hood white kid

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by prelude1897 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I would go lower, but the price of retrofit parts have been going up, cause I guess salvage yards and ebay people are realizing what people actually do with the parts. I mentioned that if you would like me ot use the black plastic instead of BMW shrouds, I would go down to $750, but if you want the BMW shrouds, then it'll have to cost $800 cause those things aren't cheap and they're becoming rare. I still have the best prices around that I've seen so far Some people sell these for $900-$1200 which is pretty crazy to me and I wouldn't want to sell them for that much</TD></TR></TABLE>

we arent saying your prices are outrageous. There is a lot of hard work that goes into these, and I see why the price is so much. If I get the 800 bucks one day, I will do that. I would love to do it myself, but I just dont have the ingenuity to do it myself
Old 08-25-2006, 08:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I give Prelude1897 two thumbs up because he is keeping his cool about this. He can charge whatever he wants for his work. People are willing to pay good money for quality work, and thats exactly what he is doing.

I know all of you guys wish it was more affordable, but I see Prelude1897 always on the look out for parts. He is constantly looking at threads for parts in the classified and is good on parts he wants.

Who knows, maybe he'll drop the prices if we get a group buy going or something.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:43 PM

Default Re: (Pilky)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Pilky &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Hey axl what front lip is that?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I believe that the front lip is just the buttom of a stock bumper, cut and flipped upside down
Old 08-26-2006, 06:18 AM

Default Re: (93h22a1vtec)

Hey man i wouldn't mind gettting a set of these but like on of the other guys stated earlier with them being set back so far does it restict any light? and if were to buy them from you what HID/ ballast kit do you sell them with?
Old 08-26-2006, 08:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (92JDMH22Prelude)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by herovueboi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I give Prelude1897 two thumbs up because he is keeping his cool about this. He can charge whatever he wants for his work. People are willing to pay good money for quality work, and thats exactly what he is doing.

I know all of you guys wish it was more affordable, but I see Prelude1897 always on the look out for parts. He is constantly looking at threads for parts in the classified and is good on parts he wants.

Who knows, maybe he'll drop the prices if we get a group buy going or something. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks alot, I really apprieciate the vouch. I've been thinking about doing a group buy, but now that school is starting, I don't think I'll beable to have time to do it, plus I don't know how many people would actually want to go in on it.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 92JDMH22Prelude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey man i wouldn't mind gettting a set of these but like on of the other guys stated earlier with them being set back so far does it restict any light? and if were to buy them from you what HID/ ballast kit do you sell them with?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, I've asked the owner of the lights to take pics of the beam pattern once he recieves them, so when he sends me pics, I'll update this thread with them. As for the HID's, I use all OEM parts cause they last longer than aftermarket parts
Old 08-26-2006, 08:25 AM
AnthonyG2003

Default Re: (Pilky)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Pilky &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Hey axl what front lip is that?</TD></TR></TABLE>

HaHa, I knew someone was going to ask that. Yes it is a stock bumper cut and flipped up-side down to make it look like a lip. It looks ok IMO.
Old 08-26-2006, 08:55 AM

That front end (carbon and grille) is totally ugly on that black lude, but the creativity on that lip is awesome and looks good . Anyways the retrofit look good thread starter
Old 08-26-2006, 11:58 AM
most hood white kid

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by prelude1897 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Thanks alot, I really apprieciate the vouch. I've been thinking about doing a group buy, but now that school is starting, I don't think I'll beable to have time to do it, plus I don't know how many people would actually want to go in on it.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I might be interested. if I were given enough time to save up for the cash. Then that would be awesome!
Old 09-27-2006, 08:54 AM

Is the 800$ include the JDM housings or is that money me sending you the housing and you just doing the retrofit,hids,ballasts/labor?