Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

5th gen type sh help

Old 05-14-2019, 07:16 AM
Trial User

Default 5th gen type sh help

So our car wont pass emmisons. The machine cant get any data from the computer. I have people telling me its a Jdm computer wiring harness and motor. Can anyone help me verify? The ecu is 37820-p5p-003 and the motor is stamped h22a 4010167. I'm new to the prelude scene so please no ridiculing. I've been doing alot of research but comming up with so many different answers. Also there is an active impbilizer in the car as well so then I'm being told it cant be the jdm computer due to no imobilzers in the jdm ecu.

Last edited by Stephnicole0922; 05-14-2019 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Title
Old 05-14-2019, 08:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 5th gen type sh help

wont pass inspection or exhaust gas test?

there shouldnt be any problems in exhaust gas test if the engine is working correctly but if your car needs to be OBD2 for the test thats a different matter

do you have still ATTS there?
Old 06-12-2019, 04:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Seems someone did a Type-S swap in it by the SN on the block. Entirely likely its running the Japanese computer to accommodate the extra airflow from the bigger cams in the head and extra .5 of compression. I can imagine that the immobilizer might still throw a code a scan tool can read if it detects a different computer than what it wants.

As long as you can keep it off the hot lobes, I would try reinstalling the original ECU and make sure its warm and in closed loop when you go back to try emissions again. That, or depending on what year Prelude it is, park it for a couple years until it ages out of emissions requirements. (I am assuming ein Amerikanner)

TimK I think most (N. American) states that have testing require a scan tool check as well as a sniffer.
Old 06-12-2019, 08:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Tachi View Post

TimK I think most (N. American) states that have testing require a scan tool check as well as a sniffer.
doesnt mention where he is from...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: