Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

4th Gen Prelude Led Bulb Type (best bulb and differences?)

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2019, 06:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4th Gen Prelude Led Bulb Type (best bulb and differences?)

Okay so I've been having problems with my stock headlights, they randomly turn off, witch can be very dangerous were I live because theres like no street lights. I installed some led bars but I still want my headlights to work so I'm finally ordering the new headlights because I heard it the best way to fix the problem and because I've been wanting to get them but I want to do an led conversion but I don't know what type bulb so get, suggestions?
Old 05-20-2019, 08:55 AM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: 4th Gen Prelude Led Bulb Type (best bulb and differences?)

Instead of just hoping that new headlights fixes the problem, I would actually troubleshoot it to find the problem, and go from there. It could be a bad switch on the column, a bad relay, a bad ground etc.

That said, if you want better light, the way to go is to do a retrofit of projectors into stock housings, I am sure you can do it with LED now, but HID setups are still awesome, and by doing a proper retrofit, you won't blind other drivers.
Old 05-20-2019, 12:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do want to retrofit but I will most likely do it to these headlights, and I tried doing all of that and i still couldn't find out why. Until i came across a page on here with someone else who had the same problem and replacing the headlights was the only thing that worked ,I don't know why.
Old 05-21-2019, 07:48 AM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Have you actually gotten down and dirty with a multi-meter or power probe to ensure where you are not getting power? Are both switching off at the same time? The only real thing that I can even think of with the actual lights, is that the bulbs are grounding properly in the sockets, otherwise an intermittent issue would make me think a wire rubbing somewhere else and grounding out or losing contact.