Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

1985 Prelude DX air suction valve?

Old 03-14-2016, 02:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1985 Prelude DX air suction valve?

Does any know the full purpose of the "air suction valve" on the carburator model of the 2nd gen prelude?

1985 Honda Prelude 2 Door DX KA 5MT Air Suction Valve

I had reason to believe noise was coming from mine so i took it out to check it out. Didnt see anything that really could be making any noise so I put it back in, but before i put it back in i started the car without it on to see if the noise was gone without it on. I couldnt hear clear enough to see if the noise was gone because it sounded like a car without headers on. quiter, but still loud.. you get the point.

anyways while i had it running without it on i noticed smoke start coming from the beginning of the end that goes into the headers. ( if you look at the link it is part #6 that runs into the headers. )
I shut the car off once i saw the smoke. I probably had it running 30 seconds only.

I've hooked everything bacj up and smoke is still coming from that area. I dont know why smoke would be coming from there now. it is white smoke that smells like nothing. i drove it for probably 8 minutes and then turned the car off and smoke continued to come from it for atleast 5 minutes, as if something is just burning apart. No liquids of any sort run thru there it is just air.

Anyone have any idea what this smoke could be from? I cant find anything about this as this car is not popular.