Notices
Honda Motorcycles Honda Powersports: riding, maintenance, gear, and safety.

Rearsets! (Good article and review on top brands)

Old 08-01-2008, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (EngineNoO9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EngineNoO9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Don't have to try and slip your foot under the shifter when leaned over to shift. Also I find it easier to stomp down really quick to shift then when under hard braking my foot is under the lever and I can pull up. It's all personal preference though.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ah, yeah, I had forgotten about toe clearance when leaned over, never had to worry about that myself, I was only thinking about the straight line stuff.

Thanks.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:43 AM
I bent my Wookiee

Default Re: (MSchu)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MSchu &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

-the foot rests will get you a rearset layout. Indeed some bikes come from the factory with rearsets but some do not.

In essence what you will gain is;
-a weight advantage in most cases
-Higher more rearward foot rest bias which gives you more corner clearance and better body positioning
-much more broad range of adjustable/the ability to customize your exact riding position
-GP shifting in some cases
-The ability to replace individual parts on the unit
- And... of course... Bling</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks. This and a little more Googling and I think I'm finally starting to get it, haha.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jasper_db1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

No. Aftermarket rearsets are typically forged billet whereas stock components are usually cast aluminum.

While the stock ones may bend in a crash, they'll only bend once - you can never bend it back. IMHO, they just snap off.

The forged ones bend and can be bent back into place a couple of times before they fail.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I always assumed stuff like that just always broke after a crash... I guess not?
Old 08-01-2008, 05:38 PM
0861 OORAH!!!

Default Re: Rearsets! (Starscream)

I'm still a noob, so what does getting new rear sets do exactly? Like what are the benefits?
Old 08-01-2008, 05:56 PM
.RJ

Default Re: Rearsets! (Lude-Conduct)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Lude-Conduct &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm still a noob, so what does getting new rear sets do exactly? Like what are the benefits?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Did you read the first page?