Notices
Honda Motorcycles Honda Powersports: riding, maintenance, gear, and safety.

My new bike (but not my first)

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 12:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new bike (but not my first)

Hello everybody. I just picked up my new bike yesterday, after about a 2 year absence in bike ownership (but not riding). I used to own a Tl1000r Suzuki, and loved that bike to death, but at the time my fiancee lost her job and made it hard for me to pay rent and a bike payment... the TLr was sold. I also sold my commuter bike (1991 EX500) to buy groceries. A couple of years have passed, and I have only been able to ride on occasion when my friends let me steal away on their bikes, or ride the loaner bike. I have been saving money, and riding a lot of different bikes to get a feel for what I wanted to get, and decided that the 2007 CBR600rr fit the bill nicely. I have taken the MSF course (albeit a few years ago), and have been lisenced, with my M1 endorsement for a while now.

Starting out on a new bike, I decided I wanted to get a nicer helmet as well as a new jacket and gloves. After trying on a few helmets, I went with the Shoei RF1000 for its amazing fit on my head. I grabed up a Joe Rocket textile jacket for the summer (already have an A* leather jacket for the fall), and a pair of Joe Rocket gloves that seem to vent nicely. I usually ride with jeans, although I wear 661 knee/shin gaurds under them, and over-the-ankle boots (or my A* race boots on spirited rides). All in all, I am a safe rider that respects the bike, the road, and myself. I think the RR is going to be a fun bike to own.

Old 07-12-2007, 12:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: My new bike (Tornadom)

nice choice
Old 07-12-2007, 12:43 PM

Default Re: My new bike (Teddy Ruxpin)

the 07 rr looks really good the best out the 600 class
Old 07-12-2007, 02:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Congrats on the bike.

Turlock? That city has exploded overnight.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tornadom &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> All in all, I am a safe rider that respects the bike, the road, and myself. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I like you.

No, no. Not like that. It's just theres been a rash of squidliness going on around here, its nice to see a mature rider.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice bike. I'm just a little jealous
Old 07-12-2007, 02:50 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Teddy Ruxpin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">nice choice </TD></TR></TABLE>

x2
Old 07-12-2007, 03:57 PM

Default Re: My new bike (jdmslut1)

Hey, were twins!

Now let the modding/riding begin! haha
Old 07-12-2007, 04:02 PM
I do what I want

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Teddy Ruxpin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">nice choice </TD></TR></TABLE> x3

i love this bike. great color choice. wish i would have went with that....
Old 07-12-2007, 04:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: My new bike (Coke in a Can)

The 07 rr is the best of the 600s at least for this year. Congrads on the bike you made a great choice.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:02 PM

Default Re: My new bike (liam821)

i laughed when i read this thread because it almost seems like you have read every other "my new bike" thread and have covered your butt against any flame possible. ex500, check, experienced rider, check, quality helmet that fits, check, gloves/jacket/boots, check, uh oh he wears jeans....but wait he also has knee pads under, check, msf, check, and finally tame minded rider, check. stay safe and good lookin bike.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: My new bike (that one guy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by that one guy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i laughed when i read this thread because it almost seems like you have read every other "my new bike" thread and have covered your butt against any flame possible. ex500, check, experienced rider, check, quality helmet that fits, check, gloves/jacket/boots, check, uh oh he wears jeans....but wait he also has knee pads under, check, msf, check, and finally tame minded rider, check. stay safe and good lookin bike.</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha yeah we are a fun bunch aren't we
Old 07-13-2007, 12:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Teddy Ruxpin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">nice choice </TD></TR></TABLE>

x4
Old 07-13-2007, 11:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My new bike (that one guy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by that one guy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i laughed when i read this thread because it almost seems like you have read every other "my new bike" thread and have covered your butt against any flame possible. ex500, check, experienced rider, check, quality helmet that fits, check, gloves/jacket/boots, check, uh oh he wears jeans....but wait he also has knee pads under, check, msf, check, and finally tame minded rider, check. stay safe and good lookin bike.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I practice safe riding, and I am not ashamed to let people know it.

For what it's worth, I have full-coverage insurance as well.

Thanks for all of the positive comments guys/girls. I am very happy with my purchase thus far (247 miles since Wednesday). I can'twait until she is broken in.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I installed the rear cowl today... no more passenger pillion for me (not that my GF would want to ride on there anyhow).

Old 07-13-2007, 03:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Very nice, welcome to the forum.

PS The rear cowl looks sickkkkk
Old 07-13-2007, 05:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My new bike (Quiks66)

Thank you. You guys are an honest bunch of people (even though some people are affraid of the truth), and dish out a mighty serving of reality when it's needed. I can't imagine being around any other group of people.
Old 07-13-2007, 06:10 PM

As stupid as it sounds I would have loved the white in Canada, but the blue just hit me when it sat between the red and black. How many km you put on it now?
Old 07-13-2007, 06:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My new bike (hi mom)

Not sure about km, but I am up to almost 300 miles (since Wednesday).

I love it so far.
Old 07-05-2008, 06:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

51 week update:

So far, so good! I have a little over 7,000 miles on the bike through various weather and road conditions, though, sadly, no track-day yet. The tires have worn incredibly well, and in all honesty are just now getting to the wear bars; despite the countless heat cycles, they still grip nicely and have yet to get excessively greasy on me. Mechanically the bike remains stock, but it now sports frame, fork and axle sliders, rear stand spools, Proton flush-mounts, a double bubble screen and some minor goodies here and there.

Thoughts on the bike?

Amazing! Turn in is excellent, it holds a line very well and exits a corner a lot quicker than I imagined a 600 would. Fuel mileage is way better than it was on my Tiller, seeing a year-long average of 41.28mpg (factoring in weekend rides and commuting). Long distances are gobbled up fairly easily, including a 420 mile day-trip (with only fuel stops) highlighting the year. I'd be lying if I said this isn't the greatest bike I have owned, and lying some more if i said I regret my purchase of it. After riding a lot of bikes this past year, there isn't one I would consider trading mine for (I'll let you know if that is still true after I rider my friend's '08 1000rr).

Thoughts on gear?

In the past year I have picked up a Shoei X-11, A* MX-1 jacket, AGV Sport Pilot leather jacket, AGV Sport leather pants with knee sliders, Moto-GP textile over-pants, Frank Thomas 'Roo leather gauntlet gloves, and a pair of A* one-O-one riding shoes to supplement my A* race boots and A* Ridge waterproof winter boots.

I still have my A* bionic back protector, and various other safety gear for riding, most of which I have had for motocross use.

Modified by Tornadom at 7:26 PM 7/5/2008
Old 07-05-2008, 06:28 PM
ucb
Honda-Tech Member

Im looking to pick up a lightly used 07 RR shortly, if I can find one for a decent price
Old 07-05-2008, 06:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My new bike (ucb)

^ You won't regret it.

Do you actually own an F430? I'd love to borrow it if you do (or at least go for a ride).
Old 07-05-2008, 06:36 PM
ucb
Honda-Tech Member

lol I wish. One day
Old 07-05-2008, 09:20 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: My new bike (ucb)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ucb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lol I wish. One day </TD></TR></TABLE>

Boom, outta here /brett myers

Guess UCB is done for.

So why such low miles on the 600RR?
Old 07-05-2008, 09:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My new bike (GraphiteAccord)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GraphiteAccord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So why such low miles on the 600RR?</TD></TR></TABLE>

The need to exercise my other transportation once in a while, and a lack of riding buddies to do trips with. More of my friends are getting bikes again, so the mileage should be higher this year. Besides, my commute isn't that far... only rarely do I have to make a long commute.

Quick Reply: My new bike (but not my first)