Notices
Honda Motorcycles Honda Powersports: riding, maintenance, gear, and safety.

Camelbak + Suit =

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 03:58 PM
Honda-Tech Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Camelbak + Suit =

Spidi JP3 Hydroback - $1499

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
With the release of the all-new JP3 Hydroback 1-piece race suit Spidi leaves no doubt that they are the preeminent race apparel constructor in the world. The JP3 Hydroback bristles with features, many exclusive to Spidi suits and the JP3 Hydroback in particular. The JP3 Hydroback is the world’s first production race suit to feature an integrated drink system in the full size race back hump. With a capacity of .5 liter and a clean hose system the JP3 Hydroback will keep a rider on-track throughout the hottest rides or races.

The JP3 also features Spidi’s exclusive CE certified Biomechanic shoulder and
elbow guards, the industries highest rated protection system, internally there is a pocket for an optional Warrior spine guard to be installed. The JP3 Hydroback is constructed from 1.2mm premium Italian top grain leather with elasticized areas around the knees, shoulders blades, and lumbar area. The JP3 offers a removable pre-shrunk polyester liner and the suit also includes Schoeller Keprotec throughout the arms, crotch, inner thigh area and the rear of the knees/calves for added flexibility as well as breathability. Additional foam padding is placed in the kidney, tailbone and shoulder blade areas. Lastly the JP3 Hydroback comes equipped with Spidi’s bi-phase knee sliders and two inner pockets. Venting is
handled via perforated leather in the stomach, inner arm, inner calf and inner leg areas with an exhaust vent on each shoulder blade.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Let's hope they start to integrate this into more suits in the future.

BTW, the R2 Wind (good perforated suit) is on sale http://www.motonation.com $915.00
Old 06-26-2006, 04:04 PM
Beard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$!
Old 06-26-2006, 04:15 PM
I miss Andrea.

Nice, now you can look like your favorite GP rider.
Old 06-26-2006, 04:27 PM
Honda-Tech Gold Member

Default Re: (Newk)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Newk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Nice, now you can look like your favorite GP rider.</TD></TR></TABLE>

It doesn't look anything like Rossi's suit imo.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ScareyH22A)

And if you wreck on your back you can drown too! LOL
Old 06-26-2006, 06:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

For those of you who ride with a Camelpak, please explain this to me - how do you ride and pause to grab a drink from the sippy bite-spout? If I'm at the track, there's no time to reach up, grab the spout, stick it in my helmet, and sip. It seems like this suit is more of a niche item. Once you come to a stop, but you could easily use a regular Camelpak backpack, no?

Am I missing something here?

Modified by marmaladeboy at 7:49 PM 6/26/2006
Old 06-26-2006, 06:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hybridreams)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hybridreams &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">And if you wreck on your back you can drown too! LOL </TD></TR></TABLE>

hahahhahaha
Old 06-26-2006, 06:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (marmaladeboy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by marmaladeboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">For those of you who ride with a Camelpak, please explain this to me - how do you ride and pause to grab a drink from the sippy bite-spout? If I'm at the track, there's no time to reach up, grab the spout, stick it in my helmet, and sip. I can see the validity once you come to a stop, but you could easily use a regular Camelpak backpack, no?

Am I missing something here?</TD></TR></TABLE>

When I took my camelback with me it just started leaking all over me cause the nipple where you bite got pinched and the pressure on the bag made it squirt all over. didn't help that it was probably 30 degrees out that day. I don't bother now. just stick a nalgene under my seat is all
Old 06-26-2006, 07:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Camelbak + Suit = (ScareyH22A)

IMHO, I dont think a sportbike rider needs to hydrate on the go with a Camelbak. I have to stop every 90-120 minutes anyways for gas (150 miles), or to stretch the legs.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Camelbak + Suit = (The_Head)

I stopped and drink out of my camelbak. I just run the hose through the bottom of my helmet and drink. I think the only people that really need to drink on the run are the desert endurance guys.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Camelbak + Suit = (Etylorcen)

...or guys who have really comfortable bikes with really long fuel ranges..
Old 06-26-2006, 08:35 PM

Go honda rebel go....
Old 06-26-2006, 09:32 PM
Honda-Tech Gold Member

When it's hot and dry, you will dehydrate quicker and may not even know it until its too late.

A customer of mine, Dedmond used to ride with Xfactor and LV Extremes, fainted and crashed at GMR a few years ago on his 750. He was airlifted, died 2 times, and was in the hospital 3 months, then went thru physical therapy.

And its not uncommon to ride for 4 or 5 hours a day for some of us so you go thru a lot of fluids. nothing like have a camelbak as a backup.
Old 06-26-2006, 09:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ScareyH22A &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">And its not uncommon to ride for 4 or 5 hours a day for some of us so you go thru a lot of fluids. nothing like have a camelbak as a backup.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah, but not 4-5 hours all in one sitting, that's what I'm sayin..
Old 06-26-2006, 09:55 PM
Honda-Tech Gold Member

But I'd rather take a sip whenever I feel thirsty rather than having to wait until we get somewhere. I know what you're saying tho. But now that I mtn bike a lot, I cherish my hydration system.
Old 06-26-2006, 09:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah but it's 1500 bucks... how much is the "normal" suit from this company? I've got my own Camelbak too, even if it is desert camoflague.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:02 PM
Honda-Tech Gold Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by The_Head &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah but it's 1500 bucks... how much is the "normal" suit from this company? I've got my own Camelbak too, even if it is desert camoflague.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Can you please take a picture of yourself w/a full suit and camobak on w/a load of pizzas on the back of ur scooter? prettyplease
Old 06-26-2006, 10:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ScareyH22A &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">When it's hot and dry, you will dehydrate quicker and may not even know it until its too late.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's the truth. The thing is, over here on the east, it's 'hot and wet'. Same thing, Im sweating my *** off, I know Im sweating...but feel ok, and not too dehydrated. But you're actually losing a LOT of water...

It's good to pull over periodically and swig some agua.
Old 06-27-2006, 05:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by The_Head &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah but it's 1500 bucks... how much is the "normal" suit from this company? I've got my own Camelbak too, even if it is desert camoflague.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Only a few hundred less. Spidi suits aren't cheap
Old 06-27-2006, 06:09 AM

Default Re: (marmaladeboy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by marmaladeboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">For those of you who ride with a Camelpak, please explain this to me - how do you ride and pause to grab a drink from the sippy bite-spout? If I'm at the track, there's no time to reach up, grab the spout, stick it in my helmet, and sip. It seems like this suit is more of a niche item. Once you come to a stop, but you could easily use a regular Camelpak backpack, no?

Am I missing something here?

Modified by marmaladeboy at 7:49 PM 6/26/2006</TD></TR></TABLE>

A true on-track system would be integrated into the helmet so that you don't need your hands.

I'm really not impressed with the size of the bag, only a half liter? You could wear a 1.5 liter slim pack under your leathers no problem, 'x' up the straps and you'd never even feel it.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:10 AM
Honda-Tech Gold Member

Default Re: (Goullish)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Goullish &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You could wear a 1.5 liter slim pack under your leathers no problem, 'x' up the straps and you'd never even feel it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not if you've got the proper size suit and a back protector on.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

In the end, I'm waiting to see a suit manufacturer make one that has an integrated drink system AND pee-remove (like Schu's link!). Just don't get the tubes twisted, y'know??
Old 06-27-2006, 07:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by The_Head &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I've got my own Camelbak too, even if it is desert camoflague.</TD></TR></TABLE>
ditto. got it for free from an army buddy