Notices
Honda Motorcycles Honda Powersports: riding, maintenance, gear, and safety.

any othet freeware tuning programs like this? (ducati)

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 05:23 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any othet freeware tuning programs like this? (ducati)

found this on a another forum. i thought it was pretty badass when i found out about honda's doing it, but when bikes do it, thats sweet especially when the use the same equipment with obd 0/1 honda ecus.

they are even saved as .bin files like honda maps, so yea pretty cool.

IIRC ducati ecu's are the same as some aprilla and buell ecu's? i could be wrong.

http://www.speedzilla.com/forums/duc...ware-free.html

first post in the link (for the lazy)

Originally Posted by
Ok, you guys SO owe me. This is a little project I've been working on. Firstoff, download this program (TunerProRT). Don't be a tightwad and register it for christ sakes!

TunerPro and TunerPro RT - Professional Automobile Tuning Software

The hardware to burn chips, emulate (if you don't like repeatedly burning chips) is avaliable from:
Welcome to www.moates.net! : Moates.Net

You want the BURN1 for chips:
Chip Programmers : Moates.Net

Or the Ostrich emulator for emulating. Real time emulating does not seem to work for me right now, so I'd use their chip burner (it's the best I've found).

Now attached is the template that is the actual 'hack' for the chip, the TunerProRT program is only a display/interface program (i.e. one must still go through the tedius process of 'hacking' the chip).

I'll post a couple of calibrations as well in following post.

Enjoy, ya bastards!

PS-Hmmm, the system won't let me attach the definition or .bin files, as they are 'invalid' type. Mods, can ya help a brotha' out? I think the Speedzillers would like to have this....
Old 02-28-2009, 07:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: any othet freeware tuning programs like this? (ducati)

As much as doing butt-dyno chip-swapping tuning was fun with my Integra, I wouldn't do it myself with a motorcycle. If you managed to get freeware dyno-tuning software from the internets, you would still need a dynomometer to measure your gains and losses with different fuel maps. If you spent the money to have the bike spun on a dyno, you may as well have a professional tune it for you. Just my .02
Old 02-28-2009, 11:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I tuned my carbed bike with a wideband O2 sensor and seat time with plug checks, but with FI I would just throw the bike on a dyno and get it tuned proper with a good map.

Nice link though, gets you thinking
Old 03-01-2009, 10:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

-meh.

-you trying to tune for fuel economy? because that would make sense. but, for a set of pipes and an airbox.....why? please don't say for "race fuel" or a track day set-up either.

-if it ain't broke....it will be soon.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:51 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by wesvailco
-meh.

-you trying to tune for fuel economy? because that would make sense. but, for a set of pipes and an airbox.....why? please don't say for "race fuel" or a track day set-up either.

-if it ain't broke....it will be soon.
bought a used ecu from a ????? for the basket case.

was'nt a ducati (same part however) and thought if i load the "916STK.bin" it might work (with a little playing around on my bike)

people seem to think ducati ecu's are made of gold :S

and rather than trying to explain ALL of this to a tuner and not sit there argue that blah blah blah ecu is the same as a ducati ecu (response would be this is'nt a map for a bike, or even an L twin)

just load the map onto the ecu, then tell the tuner (he/she) that it IS a ducati 916 ecu.

probably makes **** easier in the long run with a little prep work

Last edited by i drive a honda; 03-01-2009 at 11:02 PM.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by i drive a honda
people seem to think ducati ecu's are made of gold :S
-2008's are. working ones. everyone i know in the ducati world swaps for a complete, stand alone system such as nemesis(sp?) for race applications or tuning. just like in the automotive world, software patches and chips do not work.

-for a basket case and experimentation. go for it, you nothing to loose. but, for a reliable daily ridden bike or a track bike that's raced for points and requires you to actually finish a race, go stand alone. nemesis (sp?) is plug and play for most magneti-marelli electronics. its a'lota deniro.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:14 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by wesvailco
-2008's are. working ones. everyone i know in the ducati world swaps for a complete, stand alone system such as nemesis(sp?) for race applications or tuning. just like in the automotive world, software patches and chips do not work.

-for a basket case and experimentation. go for it, you nothing to loose. but, for a reliable daily ridden bike or a track bike that's raced for points and requires you to actually finish a race, go stand alone. nemesis (sp?) is plug and play for most magneti-marelli electronics. its a'lota deniro.
nope, no racing here. not even a daily rider. i would'nt of even had a ducati (in my life) if i had not come up on the friend of a firend who laid his bike down, made money of the inusrance pay back then parted it out.

i've heard of the genisis ecu's on various boards, but ya price of that alone is more than i want to put in the bike

haha and i DO know that ducatis don't make the cheapest/best basket case rebuilds. fully aware of that btw.