Notices
Honda Minivans, Crossovers, and Trucks Honda Odyssey / Ridgeline / Pilot / HR-V
Acura MDX / RDX

vehicle starts but stuck in park no brake lights horn or fan! help please!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2018, 07:46 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vehicle starts but stuck in park no brake lights horn or fan! help please!

2011 honda pilot replace brake switch still nothing.. it cranks but stuck in park the brake lights, fan, horn isnt honking but is making a some kind of slight buzzing sound seat adjusting switches not working and some other random things that need electricity not working but dashboard lights come on also the d for drive on the dashboard is blinking green while stuck in park i cant even find the bypass lock thing its not there like other vehicles someone please help! idk where the horn relay is to check it i read its connected to the brake lights and some crap about that causing it to be stuck for safety idk im so lost right now!
Old 02-14-2018, 08:17 AM
Global Moderator

Received 420 Likes on 390 Posts
Default Re: vehicle starts but stuck in park no brake lights horn or fan! help please!

It probably is due to a blown fuse.
Old 02-14-2018, 08:41 AM
Global Moderator

Default Re: vehicle starts but stuck in park no brake lights horn or fan! help please!

Check secondary under-hood fuse no. 11 (20A).
Old 02-14-2018, 08:53 AM
Trial User

ive check all the fuses under the hood they all seem to be not blown and ive also replaced the brake switch this morning and still nothing thats why im lost and came here what should i do next? its a honda pilot 2011 and i cant find the bypass/lock for the shifter... the thing where you usually stick your key in it or something like that to unlock the shifter so you can get out of park i cant find that on the pilot either so if anyone can help with anything thanks in advance! and thanks for even trying or replying!
Old 02-14-2018, 09:12 AM
Global Moderator

Refer to the owner’s manual and re-check the fuse no. 11 in the secondary fuse box -under hood.

The shift lock release is below the shifter. You have to pry the small cover off first. Owner’s manual also shows it. Manual is online via Honda if you don’t have the hard copy.
Old 02-14-2018, 11:08 AM
Trial User

hey thanks i got the bypass to work but still no lights or horn and other stuff so i am trying to figure out if its a fuse which i its gotta be! i dont think its a solenoid thing since its got to do with electronics malfunctioning anyone got a pilot or know where i should be double checking fuses?
Old 02-14-2018, 11:47 AM
Trial User

ive checked the fuses.. again.. didnt fix the problem so im so cluesless to what it could be right now... the car starts but no brake lights no fan no horn the seat cant be adjusted forwards backwards or anything using the switch.. so far ive tripled checked fuses and replaced the brake switch what should i check or try next?
Old 02-14-2018, 04:23 PM
Trial User

so noone else has a clue to whats going on?
Old 02-14-2018, 06:12 PM
Global Moderator

Have you been looking at Fuse No. 11 in the under-hood Auxiliary fuse box (secondary fuse box)?
Attached Images   
Old 02-14-2018, 07:25 PM
Global Moderator

If fuse no. 11 is okay, check the wiring under that fuse box, some of the wires may be damaged, for example rat chewing on the wires, etc. Fuse No. 9 and 10 at that same fuse box are for the driver's power seat switch.

If you have a voltmeter, you can also measure the voltage on the brown wire at the brake pedal position switch connector.
Old 02-15-2018, 07:44 AM
Trial User

i checked it and none of the fuses were blown i even swapped em out anyways still nothing! thanks for the helping i appreciate it alot
Old 02-15-2018, 07:46 AM
Trial User

i dont have a volt meter... i dont think i have a rat problem and i have not had any light bulb problems i gave all the box a good little tap and made sure they had good connections it all looked good to me.
Old 02-15-2018, 07:48 AM
Trial User

everything still looks new and in good condition i might just have to take it to a mechanic or something nearby i hate the damn honda dealership around they **** me over so hard last time i went there well it was actually my mom that went but yeah.. i rather not go get charged out the *** for something im sure is so simple to fix i just can seem to pinpoint the problem yet though

Last edited by tech8; 02-18-2018 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Profanity and other words redacted
Old 02-25-2018, 04:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Here is a link to fuse information for a 2011 Pilot: Honda Pilot (2010 ? 2011) ? fuse box diagram | Auto Genius

Your earlier post stated: " 2011 honda pilot replace brake switch still nothing.. it cranks but stuck in park the brake lights, fan, horn isnt honking but is making a some kind of slight buzzing sound seat adjusting switches not working and some other random things that need electricity not working but dashboard lights come on also the d for drive on the dashboard is blinking green".

You would have to check all of the items listed on the Secondary Fuse box, but it sounds like you may not be getting power to your Secondary Fuse box (Auxiliary). If this is the case, you may have to track back to see what provides power to the Secondary Fuse Box. Is the passenger seat reclining (this is in the Primary Fuse box)? Is it the driver's seat not reclining (this is in the secondary fuse box)? Horn is in the secondary.

I would recommend going through the items in each of the fuse box listings and try to isolate which parts (or all) of a fuse box is not working. Then try to troubleshoot from there.

Hope this helps!
Old 02-26-2018, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I would also check the battery and the alternator for the correct voltage.

Good luck,
Sam
Old 11-20-2018, 04:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Did you find out the issue?
Old 06-17-2019, 10:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The same thing happened to my 2014 Honda pilot tonight. What was the exact problem and how did it get fixed?
Old 06-18-2019, 03:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Julian Briones
The same thing happened to my 2014 Honda pilot tonight. What was the exact problem and how did it get fixed?
Check the ground of the ECM.
Old 06-19-2019, 05:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

My buddy let me use his OBD to read the codes and this is what popped up: P0113 and P01C2. So I took pics of the codes and disconnected the battery for a minute then reconnected and used the OBD again and there were no codes to be found. And everything is running fine like it never happened.