Notices
Honda Minivans, Crossovers, and Trucks Honda Odyssey / Ridgeline / Pilot / HR-V
Acura MDX / RDX

2006 Ridgeline Intermittent Electrical Issue

Old 01-04-2018, 12:38 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon5 2006 Ridgeline Intermittent Electrical Issue

I came out to my 2006 Ridgeline and tried starting and everything appeared dead, tried the key again this time the gauges went crazy and I had power but the vehicle would not start. Waited a minute and tried again and everything worked like normal, no check engine light or anything. Got home and tried seeing if there were any type or error codes but the vehicle did not throw any codes. Couple of weeks go by no issues vehicle works fine, then wife comes out to get into vehicle and Ridgeline would not unlock using the FOB. She had to manual unlock to door with the key and when she tried starting the vehicle all the gauges went crazy and would not start. She waited a minute or so tried again vehicle started right up no issues, except the Radio was locked out as if one of the Battery cables had been disconnected. I checked the Battery cable connects all tight no corrosion, I put a volt meter on the Battery and got 12.6 volts. When I start the vehicle the volts never drop below 11 volts when starting, when vehicle is at idle running between 15.6 to 16 volts. I have not had a chance to go to Autozone yet to have them do a test yet to be 100% positive. The battery is a Yellow Optima and is only 2 years old. From what i read on a bunch of forums that some of the indications are a bad battery. But what throws me off is the Radio needing to be reset as if one of the battery cables had come off cutting of power. Not sure where to go with this beside have Autozone run there test on the Battery and Alternator to 100% sure they are good. Could I have a fuse that close to going bad, I know that sounds stupid since normally either the fuse works or its blown?
Old 01-05-2018, 03:40 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 2006 Ridgeline Intermittent Electrical Issue

These computer driven vehicles are very susceptible to bad batteries causing lots of seemingly unrelated electrical issues. I'd have that battery load tested first thing.