Notices
Honda Minivans, Crossovers, and Trucks Honda Odyssey / Ridgeline / Pilot / HR-V
Acura MDX / RDX

2018 Honda Odyssey - Appearance Protection

Old 04-23-2018, 10:53 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2018 Honda Odyssey - Appearance Protection

I live in Canada and I just purchased a 2018 Honda odyssey. They are offering a honda appearance protection plan which has a corrosion combo package:

10 year inside-out perforation warranty
10 year outside-in perforation warranty
5 year surface rust warranty
Extension of OEM Sheet Metal corrosion coverage to 5 years
10 year fabric/leather protection
10 year paint protection

https://www.honda.ca/owners/warranty/ho ... protection

Any thoughts or experience with this warranty? is it worth it? I know most cars don't have rust until after the 10 year-mark but stone chips on highways are common and can lead to accelerated rust. not sure if this covers scratches either. The fabric protection also sounds enticing given that I got the EX model which doesn't come in leather and I have kids that will probably make a mess and could stain the fabric.

Curious if anyone has purchased this before and utilized or tried to utilize the warranty. If so, was there any resistance from Honda in honouring the warranty (i.e. potential clauses that voided the warranty) ?

Fyi, I had purchased a Honda Civic 2 years ago and declined all warranties. For rust proofing, I opted to go with Krown and sprayed it the year I got the car. I planned to spray it every other year but regularly wash the car during the winter (which i know voids the Krown Warranty but Krown also voids any warranty from stone chips). Wondering if there's a greater peace of mind (for 10 years) just buying this Honda appearance protection assuming there's no resistance from Honda to honor the warranty?