Honda Minivans, Crossovers, and Trucks Honda Odyssey / Ridgeline / Pilot / HR-V
Acura MDX / RDX

2000 Odyssey headlight problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 06:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Odyssey headlight problem

Thanks in advance

This is something I have been struggling with for over a year and haven't had any luck with private mechanics or dealers.
Sorry if this has been answered before but it didn't show up on with a search.

I have a 2000 Odyssey that has headlight quirk I just can't nail down. I suspect a grounding problem. Here's the deal................Have checked all lights and they are all good (not burned out).

-First of all DRL (daytime running lights) may turn on (or not) when van starts but usually go out a short time later which causes a relay up under the left hand side of the dash to squeal. Can stop the squealing by clicking the head light switch to high beams.

-If you turn the headlights on with the high beams on they will on occassion work (both) but usually just the left light. If they are working and you lower the lights to low beam (low beams seem to have the intensity of DRL's) and then back to high they will not come on. Sometimes when you turn the headlights on in the high beam postion the relay just squeals right away so you flip it to low beam to stop it.

-If you turn the headlights on in the low beam positon both head lights come on but they seem to have the intensity only of the DRL's.

-If you are driving with low beams on and turn the main switch to the parking setting the headlights go out but no DRL's come on. Mostly the DLR's don't work or maybe its my low beams not working and I only have DRL's?

Help Please
Old 03-06-2010, 02:46 PM
In a Junkyard near you.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: 2000 Odyssey headlight problem

Every time I have seen a complaint like this it had been the DRL unit.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:10 PM

Thanks Ross I'll check it out!
Old 01-29-2015, 05:03 PM
Trial User

I've had the same probs with my 02 recently. Checked bulbs because of the loop effect, like some Christmas lights. One was not working, so that helped restore DRL and the warning light stopped being lit up. Still do not have the low beams. (Never did hear the squeel). Replaced the relay behind the glove box but no change. Checked 4 fuses located in three different areas. Fuses fine and still no low beams. We've tried process of elimination and are at a dead end, so really hoping someone has the solution. I can get high beam lights if I hold the high beam lever toward me. Haven't been driving much at night! Who can help us get out of the dark?