Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Insight & CR-Z Hybrid (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-insight-cr-z-hybrid-154/)
-   -   Why I decided to purchase a CRZ (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-insight-cr-z-hybrid-154/why-i-decided-purchase-crz-3148371/)

HeadSpinner 05-27-2013 10:09 AM

Why I decided to purchase a CRZ

I've seen a lot of post from both sides. Those that think it is the best and worst car. We must weigh together why someone would spend 20K+ on a semi-hybrid. My reasoning starts with I wanted a stick shift. Something that gets around 40mpg. Try finding one! the majority is all Auto. The CRZ is not meant for long drives, I bought it for commuting. A car that has some sport in it and gets good mpg. I'm in no need of power or I'd buy a Mustang, Camero, Charger, etc... Until you actually own a CRZ, you find there is plenty of power. Sure I saw an 2008 S2000 with 18k for 26K but at 28mpg it was not what I was looking for (it is a dream car though). I tell people "I bought My Free Car" LOL... the savings from my Expedition, and this Expedition has more power and speed than most of the family cars on the rode today due to mods I've added (yes, I have actually pegged the speedometer... dang needle didn't allow it to go further. Sure I love power, take off, get that thrill of being thrown back in your seat. impress the ladies. I'm no teenager. It's time to grow up. oops, OK.. still fun to have that thrown back in the seat when your floor it, but them tickets hurt.... LOL

Before we complain and criticize any car, look at both sides of the story. There will still be those who complain just to complain... I cut them off! It's their life to think everyone should be think as they do.:thud:

TheMuffinMan 05-28-2013 07:26 AM

Re: Why I decided to purchase a CRZ

Nit-picking here.

The CRZ is not a "semi-hybrid", the whole reason it's called a hybrid is because it's partially gas powered and partially electric/battery powered. It's a hybrid.

Also, the Honda Fit, Mazda 3i, and Cruze Eco are offered in manuals and are fully traditional gas engines that get good mileage. The Eco being rated at 42....

2.3AccordSOHC 05-29-2013 04:03 PM

I bought mine because I liked the way it looked and drove. It handles really well and the fact that its a hybrid had nothing to do with my purchase. I will put a K in it soon anyways. :p

HondaCivicSE 01-29-2014 05:29 PM

Respect!

Bradleywhites 01-31-2014 01:46 AM

Until you actually own a CRZ, you find there is plenty of power
point is noted .. it has been well mentioned and i am in support

Axatax 02-19-2014 10:28 AM

My reasoning starts with I wanted a stick shift. Something that gets around 40mpg. Try finding one!
Try autotrader and look for an HF.

Todd00 02-19-2014 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan (Post 48819136)

Also, the Honda Fit, Mazda 3i, and Cruze Eco are offered in manuals and are fully traditional gas engines that get good mileage. The Eco being rated at 42....

My '12 Civic Sedan with the 1.8L 5MT hits 40mpg on the highway. Plus, it seats 4.

Finding a car that's fun to drive and gets 35mpg-ish isn't all that difficult to do anymore. Heck, Mazda makes even makes an SUV that does 35 highway.

CivicSD 03-17-2014 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan (Post 48819136)
The CRZ is not a "semi-hybrid", the whole reason it's called a hybrid is because it's partially gas powered and partially electric/battery powered. It's a hybrid.

I remember back in the day, being able to google "hybrid honda" and the only results you'd get was B-series EG's... very different results today! haha

http://hybrids.jp

From this archived website, circa 1998:

What is a hybrid? A hybrid refers to any car that does not have the original motor it came with. Instead, it has a motor from another car.
gotta love it....

m_shake 03-19-2014 01:59 PM

I don't always buy a new car, but when I do I have to make a thread justifying my purchase.

TunerN00b 03-19-2014 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by m_shake (Post 49595804)
I don't always buy a crappy car, but when I do I have to make a thread justifying my purchase.

Fixed. Good cars need no justification.

m_shake 03-19-2014 09:34 PM

Thanks dude lol

2point2 03-30-2014 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by CivicSD (Post 49591267)

:thumbup:

franny0510 04-21-2014 07:05 AM

I bought mine as it is lovely and small - the Civic only comes in 5 doors now, and I just don't need that big a car. Great MPG in comparison to my MX5 and extremely comfortable.

Given the small range from Honda - this is a great car for me. Everyone has likes and dislikes and what suits one might not suit another.

Fingers crossed they bring out the convertible at some point....

HondaCRZY 06-10-2014 01:44 AM

The Honda CRZ is something that will last you your entire life and never fade, like the Honda CRX