Notices
Honda Insight & CR-Z Hybrid Honda Insight and CR-Z Hybrid discussion forum.

Warranty question

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 03:03 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warranty question

I have a 2010 honda insight and we noticed about 2 months after getting it the paint started getting these tiny pin sized rust spots on the front bumper and hood..some were a tad bigger then pin sized..well now its been a year since ive had the car and these spots are everywhere on the car..theres tons of them. Ive never seen anything like it..ive owned 7 different Hondas and have never had this problem. Is this something covered under warranty? I dont care if they call it normal wear and tear, theres certainly nothing normal about it. I tried to give it the benefit of the doubt but it just keeps getting worse. Really hoping I can get some help with this. Thank you!
Old 06-05-2011, 05:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Warranty question

the dealership will likely give you no help. You should contact HONDA about the problem and they will probably split the cost with you
Old 06-06-2011, 03:40 PM
Superfly

Originally Posted by 94rs-turbo
the dealership will likely give you no help. You should contact HONDA about the problem and they will probably split the cost with you
I remember reading somebody who had a similar problem, and I know they said the dealership wouldn't help so they were working on getting the manufacturer to at least split the cost of getting it fixed. I don't remember how it worked out though since it was so long ago.

But yeah, dealership won't do squat since I doubt the warranty covers this issue and even if it does they'll do what they can to weasel out of it since they don't want to eat the cost of repairs themselves. Best course of action is just go straight to Honda.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lots of bad blood about dealers here, if it is a DEFECT in the paint it will be covered. if it is not it won't simple as that its very cut and dry. there is a tsb that deals with the paint warranty process and the regional rep will come out and inspect to approve or deny. got to a dealer and start the process talk directly to the service manager no one else as he is the one you need to get the process started.