Notices
Honda Insight & CR-Z Hybrid Honda Insight and CR-Z Hybrid discussion forum.

Villany Product's ZF1

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 09:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Villany Product's ZF1

Newest & greatest information about the VLNY ZF1 is that I might be working with AEM for that cold air treatment. Awaiting confirmation, but all is looking good on that.

Thats the perk about having a brand new whip and being local to all these Companys in the USA. There all in los angeles county chillin in there warehouses. You just have to call them.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by VLNYUNEEK
Newest & greatest information about the VLNY ZF1 is that I might be working with AEM for that cold air treatment. Awaiting confirmation, but all is looking good on that.

Thats the perk about having a brand new whip and being local to all these Companys in the USA. There all in los angeles county chillin in there warehouses. You just have to call them.
might as well have them look into a header too.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by crx(gator)
might as well have them look into a header too.

I didn’t know AEM made headers...

I am not sure about the headers for the CRZ yet because no one has accomplished it in Japan yet, plus I am sure someone in the USA is bold enough to get those installed, but me on the other hand would be fine with some AEM electronics and a cold air for the mean time.

I am not trying to be like 'Bisi Moto' in build some crazy turbo charged CRZ that has 300hp. "I am a 'street *****' that will pull up in stunt some clean JDM steelo".

Well thank you all for the Hits I cant wait to post more pictures up to keep this thread alive. I am looking forward to seeing if I can get those rims on the whip this weekend.

Thank you all for being interested. I hope all of you get your chance to shine in the CRZ.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

AEM owns DC sports, so. im sure a fit header could be used and modified to work seeing as they are both L15s.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

to CR-Z owners, I ask you... why do you hate performance cars and/or spirited driving (on/off track)?

every CR-Z that's sold, Ayrton Senna rolls over in his grave cursing.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Uneek got a new car? whaaaat?
Old 09-01-2010, 04:32 PM
MiG-21 superfan

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

AEM owns DC sports, so. im sure a fit header could be used and modified to work seeing as they are both L15s.
aem doesn't own dc sports.

dc was sold to pilot years ago, 2007 i think.

i am not sure if pilot still owns it. for some reason i am thinking they are still tied to DME, but owned by NRG. who knows. whatever happened it is a damn shame. i worked for DC when the contreras brothers still owned it. years ago. then when it was sold everything fell apart.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

from memory the cr-z "manifold" aka the cat since its just a 4 bolt flange to the head has a 90 degree angle in it to clear the TIGHT crossmember from the huge power steering rack and motor for the EPS, this car is going to be a pain to work on on the rear theres no room, where as the fit is actually a little bit more liveable also the accessories suck to install on those things the oe "bodykit" horrid
Old 09-01-2010, 04:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by builthatch
aem doesn't own dc sports.

dc was sold to pilot years ago, 2007 i think.

i am not sure if pilot still owns it. for some reason i am thinking they are still tied to DME, but owned by NRG. who knows. whatever happened it is a damn shame. i worked for DC when the contreras brothers still owned it. years ago. then when it was sold everything fell apart.
dam, i could have sworn that i read some where, maybe on here that AEM purchased DC?
Old 09-01-2010, 05:23 PM
MiG-21 superfan

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

dam, i could have sworn that i read some where, maybe on here that AEM purchased DC?
oh, i'm sorry, i didn't clarify, yeah, they did, at one point in 2004 or something, but eventually sold to pilot on 2007, and then pilot i believe liquidated them to the group that owns NRG. but i am not sure at this point. the whole thing is sad for me because i know how cool that line was at one point, like, the bros really loved hondas and tried to make nice stuff. i remember when the bros made stuff for dirtbikes. they were real enthusiasts. anyway sorry to go off topic.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by EF_Villain
Uneek got a new car? whaaaat?
Your silly, whats good though!
Old 09-02-2010, 10:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

For your viewing pleasure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB-ETEe-hYI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMKUM9w4XFk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H251UHchg78
Old 09-06-2010, 04:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Cool whip and nice upgrades. I can't wait to pick up a used one later on.

I hope they make more of the centered exhausts, looks cooler on this type of car.

Also 100whp is not bad at all. if you can milk 20 to 30 more whp, it would be perfect.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks the upgrades arent close to being done yet, this is something specail that happened overnight.

Good looking I wonder how much they will be used later on. Probely like 10,000 for sure. I would never sale mine, its going in my car collection, just like the EF2 did.

Originally Posted by SlammedDC2teg
Cool whip and nice upgrades. I can't wait to pick up a used one later on.

I hope they make more of the centered exhausts, looks cooler on this type of car.

Also 100whp is not bad at all. if you can milk 20 to 30 more whp, it would be perfect.
Old 09-15-2010, 01:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

To the good folks out there that are interested in the latest and greatest, I am going to fill you in.

I am working with JDP engineering at the moment on the exterior carbon fiber body parts. We are currently working on each part in stages; we’ve already accomplished the front lip. I haven’t seen it yet but it will be posted soon enough when they do the last fitment testing next weekend.

Make sure you check out JDP engineering, on their website if you’re not up on game
www.jdpengineering.com

I decided to work with JDP because I am a big fan of what they do for Honda’s. They have that simple concretive look that is so clean. I wanted to do something different and hold down the USA. I know that everyone in different countries are doing there own thing with the ZF1, so why not do the same thing in the states.

I will start a new thread called JDP engineering to place all the parts that are done through them. I still continue this thread once I have all my current scheduled projects done.

I forgot to mention that I will also be working with AEM too. So expect to see more Dyno testing on this forum. There going to provide me with the cold air treatment and electronic self managing systems. That will most likely be towards the end of this month.

So please stay tuned to VILLANY Product’s ZF1 because I finally have some ends to by tires for the EP3 type R rims this weekend. Since there is not a lot of people aren’t inquiring about them I am just going to through some brand new Nitto Gens on there and ride around until someone makes an offer. I need to purchase real rims because I am coming up on parts like crazy, and I need some proper shoes to set the record straight and I already have the perfect ones in mind.

Follow me on www.twitter.com/UNEEKER

Sorry for no new pictures, soon to come, this thread won’t die.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I need to purchase real rims because I am coming up on parts like crazy, and I need some proper shoes to set the record straight and I already have the perfect ones in mind.
Please don't ruin a perfectly nice, fun car with some bullshit low offset rims with stretched tires.
Old 09-16-2010, 02:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Dangydang
Please don't ruin a perfectly nice, fun car with some bullshit low offset rims with stretched tires.
Never in a million years will that happen. I going for the ENKEI NT03+M on some nito gen tires. That should only hit me over the head 1200 w/ the tires i want.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I got the Villany Product ZF1 back from getting the carbon fiber lip on. 1st stage complete, next is spoiler and grill late next week. I am going to start a JDP engineering thread so you folks can see more pictures and discuss this one of a kind creation that they have done to the CRZ.

Also beware that I have gone through the R&D sessions with AEM, they have produced a cold air and a full exhaust system for the CRZ. Stay tuned on the 'Villany Product ZF1' for those updates.

Plus after JDP is done with all their work I will be installing my first set of rims that I have to make it look complete.

Here is a teaser picture taken from a smart phone 5.0 mega pixels. Follow me on twitter to see whats goodie!

Thanks for being interested yall, I hope you good folks like where the car is going. Just Consider the car as a test dummy for you.

Last edited by VLNYUNEEK; 10-20-2010 at 10:24 AM.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

while i stack my chips for some real offset three peice rims, so I can really stunt on these hoes.
For some reason I can't see Honda ever including anyone who wants to "stunt on hoes" in their marketing research. I loled.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:10 PM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts

I appreciate the CONTENT and thoroughness in this topic.

Dyno graphs, videos, pics, etc. I don't care if you like the CR-Z, or even the parts on display here - the topic delivers.

Old 10-20-2010, 01:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

X2 to that!!!! ^^^^^
Old 10-20-2010, 01:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Looking money with the new lip
Old 10-21-2010, 10:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon3 Re: Villany Product's ZF1

Originally Posted by B18C5-EH2
I appreciate the CONTENT and thoroughness in this topic.

Dyno graphs, videos, pics, etc. I don't care if you like the CR-Z, or even the parts on display here - the topic delivers.

Thank you for the kind words, yea I would like to see more threads like this too under insight / crz category. This is my first time creating a thread and I happy to hear I am doing it the right way. I always just use to watch other people for a while low key. I am guessing that’s how I learned to do it.

Naw but I am sure that there will be more threads thats on a personal hobbie tip like me over time. That independent type of way of fixing up your honda. I am just trying to set an example to everyone out there. Pretty much I sit back and see companys that are selling there parts which is koo, but most of the times there stuck only with their parts they created and there trying to sell and market it under there shop car which is koo. I see my self having a upper advantage in this case, because I am able to call up whoever that I feel is capable of wanting a fair exchange of using my car through R&D sessions to obtain free parts. I choose who I **** with wisely.

I don’t know how far this R&D seasoning is going to take me; when I started with Tanabe first, then it lead to JDP, and off to AEM. After everything said in done I might be able to get sponsored by a rim company that I like, so I can hit these blogs and magazines.

I already have the ep3 type R rims, I just have to wait to put those on though so I can wheel my way in somewhere as far as sponsorships are concerned by rocking those with that OEM look for the mean time. Or I can just go buy rims and kill it that way too. My money is funny sometimes so will see.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by daluv
X2 to that!!!! ^^^^^
good lookin!! thanks for the thumbs up! I get that **** in person a lot, The crz is powerful it breaks necks even being stock imagne how its like for me now. I just through it up [peace sign] everytime I see some one looking hard. I dont do tint, so everybody see me in it.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Dangydang
Looking money with the new lip
Thank you so much mayne I still tripping how I didnt have to pay any money for it. Good looks though man I am glad your loveing the progress, wait till next week when the grill in spoiler is done. Your going to be on it tough, I havent even seen it but I know this JDP will bring it!

Quick Reply: Villany Product's ZF1