Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Insight & CR-Z Hybrid (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-insight-cr-z-hybrid-154/)
-   -   k20a/k24 motor mounts for cr-z (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-insight-cr-z-hybrid-154/k20a-k24-motor-mounts-cr-z-2841391/)

518crzfreak 09-27-2010 12:46 AM

k20a/k24 motor mounts for cr-z

so has anyone heard about any k20a or k24 motor mounts for the crz yet hasport as nothing for sale neither does hybrid.i contacted them both to see if they had any concept or trial parts but no respons yet...and how difficult would it be to design a motor mount for it. i have the capabilities but its not me doin the work i just wanna know how much it would cost to have custom motor mounts made for it.

J_Marc 09-27-2010 12:45 PM

Re: k20a/k24 motor mounts for cr-z

I think you're pretty much on your own to get custom ones made. Motor mount companies probably look a two things, having a car available to prototype the product, and market demand for the product.

They're probably looking at it and thinking about it, but someone would have to bring them a car and say "Here guys, do it up" or they'd have to have a car available from Honda corporate, to develop stuff. Sometimes the bigger shops/manufacturers get cars from Honda/Acura for that purpose but the car has to be destroyed after. That's one thing, then fitting it should be simple, as well as figuring out a linkage and axles.

I've said here in a few threads though, it's the electronics/electrical part of the swap that are the issue. It can be done, just gut all the car's original wiring/ battery pack and all that. Make a custom harness and run what you need, simple, but then you have a CR-Z where nothing works but the powertrain, headlights, tailights, and maybe you power windows and stuff.

You want a challenge? Look at the dash! Put a kswap in and get all that fancy stuff to work, I'd like to see it done, but I'll doubt it for now. You'll need to cut all that up if you want to run some other cluster, or aftermarket gages. Kinda ruins the car in a way, you get power, but you end up with something all hacked up right in your face all the time.

213crz 09-27-2010 08:15 PM

call hasport see whats up but until you have ca$h in hand or decent credit and a budget figured out no one is going to take a bit serious. AGAIN, if you are serious hit me the hell up and i will get you financed through the bank and we can start ordering parts and stuff. i too would like to get some mounts worked up but am not touching my engine cause that lil single ivtec is a badass lil motor and im totally happy with it as is. FOR NOW.

hondaZvic 10-04-2010 10:32 PM

i think J Marc hit the nail on the head with this one.

swapping the crz defeats the purpose of it...

20boostedep02 10-05-2010 01:00 PM

The swap would be sick though

jEromy 10-05-2010 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by hondaZvic (Post 43697282)

x2

personally if I had a CR-Z, I'd spend my money in other places. Or on another car. Why does everyone want a K in this car? Just cause it's a bit lighter? Why not go for an even lighter chassis and put it in the GD3 fit?

J_Marc 10-05-2010 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by hondaZvic (Post 43697282)

For a daily driven car, for a clean project car or show car, and for the average enthusiast it definitely defeats the purpose at this point in time.

For a track car and from promotional point of view, it would good marketing for the shops and part makers. For circuit racing/road racing, if anything goes as far as the powertrain is concerned, then we'll see what the car really has in terms of handling.

As far as drag racing is concerned, the only thing that stays original is the shell or in some cases the roof and quarter panels. So I'm pretty curious about the weight of the shell compared to a Civic or a CR-X and also how much aerodynamics are involved versus those older cars. If Honda really intended this car to be efficient, of course there has to be some kind of effort made in regards to aerodynamics.

J_Marc 10-05-2010 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by jEromy (Post 43702210)
x2

personally if I had a CR-Z, I'd spend my money in other places. Or on another car. Why does everyone want a K in this car? Just cause it's a bit lighter? Why not go for an even lighter chassis and put it in the GD3 fit?

The fit is probably just lighter because it isn't a hybrid, when you add the battery pack and everything else involved with the IMA system the car gains quite a few pounds.

jEromy 10-06-2010 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by J_Marc (Post 43705355)
The fit is probably just lighter because it isn't a hybrid, when you add the battery pack and everything else involved with the IMA system the car gains quite a few pounds.

your absolutely correct. But the only reason to have a K anything in a CR-Z is just to say 'look what I've got'. Like stated earlier, you'd have to go deep into the harness to get the interior to be functioning, so why ruin a perfectly functioning 20K $ car, to add 70hp?

that's why I think the GD3 is a much better platform for the K swap. I mean, it's already been done, and if you don't have to remove any of the batteries and IMA systems (cause the fit doesn't have them) then it's just cheaper and esier that way.

putting a K into the CR-Z for a street car is just a waste, imo. Unless it's a dedicated race car.

02SatinSedan 10-06-2010 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by 518crzfreak (Post 43633427)
so has anyone heard about any k20a or k24 motor mounts for the crz yet hasport as nothing for sale neither does hybrid.i contacted them both to see if they had any concept or trial parts but no respons yet...and how difficult would it be to design a motor mount for it. i have the capabilities but its not me doin the work i just wanna know how much it would cost to have custom motor mounts made for it.

If you're thinking about or have purchased a $20,000 car and are thinking about Kswapping it. Why in the world would you be concerned with the price of custom mounts?