Honda Insight & CR-Z Hybrid Honda Insight and CR-Z Hybrid discussion forum.

HPD CRZ at SEMA 2012

Old 10-31-2012, 07:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default HPD CRZ at SEMA 2012

Honda, please offer this!

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/10/30/h...e-been-longin/

"The staunchest Honda geeks among us have always wanted the CR-Z to be a great car, even if its particular blend of performance and fuel economy have not exactly been sales gold for the Japanese automaker.

How to reconcile this incongruence in the car's character? Supercharge the sucker and ignore the hybrid aspect altogether, naturally. Check and mate.

The automaker's Honda Performance Division (HPD) has done just what enthusiasts and more than a few tuners have been expecting since the model's inception... they've made the CR-Z a lot quicker. The addition of the headlining supercharger as well as an intercooler, high-flow injectors and a recalibrated ECU have netted the car a total of 185 horsepower and 169 pound-feet of torque. The suspension, wheel/tire package and and brakes have been revised to round out the performance offerings.

Honda is just calling this concept an "exploration of the performance potential of the CR-Z Sport Hybrid" for right now, but we'd vote (do we get a vote?) that they just break down and build the damn thing."
Old 10-31-2012, 12:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HPD CRZ at SEMA 2012

The crz is loved in Japan and Europe Americans are the only ones that complain about it. I love mine and love passing people and watching how mad they get being beaten by a hybrid
Old 10-31-2012, 05:33 PM
PGT
Honda-Tech Member

I nearly bought one last year. It was just so anemic compared to my '91 CRX Si. My buddy did buy a CR-Z and sold it after a year (he ended up hating it).

There are few things that can't be fixed with more power. Hopefully, Honda does that with the CR-Z elst it will be 86'ed for slow sales.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ive been seeing more and more of those and they make me miss the CRX days. I would just want a K20 in it all motor and ditch alot of the hybrid weight. ( I havent researched but I feel there would be alot of battery weight that could be removed).

Maybe this next summer.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I wish i knew more about the SC set up they used. It looks like a centrifugal type but not the same as the HKS or JR set ups.