Notices
Honda Insight & CR-Z Hybrid Honda Insight and CR-Z Hybrid discussion forum.

CRZ Type-R in the works?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 07:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Icon3 CRZ Type-R in the works?

I hope this is true and not just some cruel joke....

http://www.thesmokingtire.com/2010/h...e-r/#more-1867

Old 02-17-2010, 11:32 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: CRZ Type-R in the works?

its a cruel joke...
Old 02-17-2010, 11:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who cares?
I mean, if it is true........ I don't see it as being anything spectacular.
But, like they all say, each to his own. Eh?
Old 02-18-2010, 01:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

I think it looks pretty cool
Old 02-18-2010, 04:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i don't believe/trust that. they would probably make a 200hp hybrid motor a big deal.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lol........if you are looking for a small fun to drive new car, forget honda cuz they have forgotten you...have you watched the honda roll out vids for the crz? Those clowns are calling the crz "sporty"!!! Sorry, anything made these days that does 0-60 in 9.6 seconds is a f-ing pig! Its not sporty......
Old 02-18-2010, 08:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by mustclime
lol........if you are looking for a small fun to drive new car, forget honda cuz they have forgotten you...have you watched the honda roll out vids for the crz? Those clowns are calling the crz "sporty"!!! Sorry, anything made these days that does 0-60 in 9.6 seconds is a f-ing pig! Its not sporty......

you can call anything sporty. they are simply reviving the crx /delsol thats all! companys call suv's and sedans sporty. its just a general term. and how has honda forgotten us. the new si is and awsome car. and very easy to get good power gains from. this new car is just stepping into the future. they are going for a sporty hybrid. something you can take to the track and enjoy! the only hybrids i see are prius's and insites. nothign really sporty looking about them! and when it comes out and you see it in person you will say yeah thats a nice car!
Old 02-18-2010, 09:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

where can i buy one and when let me know honda thanks
Old 02-18-2010, 09:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You want small and fun.....mini is he only company who is true to it's owners
Old 02-18-2010, 10:03 AM
I said I don't want a title!

Originally Posted by tougetuned_ef

and how has honda forgotten us. the new si is and awsome car. and very easy to get good power gains from. this new car is just stepping into the future. they are going for a sporty hybrid. something you can take to the track and enjoy! the only hybrids i see are prius's and insites. nothign really sporty looking about them! and when it comes out and you see it in person you will say yeah thats a nice car!

I see the CRZ as a car that people will buy who thinks a Prius is boring and wants something that drives a little sporty. But to say this car will be a good track car (I assume you mean HPDE) remains to be seen, and is somewhat doubtful.

As for the new Si being an "awesome" car...can't say that I agree with you. It has an awesome powertrain, but the rest of the car is a let-down.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the si looks good but for any new car that still has a hard time pulling or even out performing its older brother isnt a very good car to me
Old 02-19-2010, 05:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by tougetuned_ef
you can call anything sporty. they are simply reviving the crx /delsol thats all! companys call suv's and sedans sporty. its just a general term. and how has honda forgotten us. the new si is and awsome car. and very easy to get good power gains from. this new car is just stepping into the future. they are going for a sporty hybrid. something you can take to the track and enjoy! the only hybrids i see are prius's and insites. nothign really sporty looking about them! and when it comes out and you see it in person you will say yeah thats a nice car!
No offence to any fg or fa owners but thats not a civic....its an accord, dam thing is pushing 3000 lbs and its not a hatch. As for the crz being sporty.....9.6 seconds to get from 0-60 was sporty back in the 80's. Honda's lost its edge. These days everyone has some form of vtec, the new thing out there is direct injection matched to a turbo. Chevy, mini, subby, mitsu and ford are all running it....where honda? Making a 2 seater sporty inbread that will most likely get classed in g stock and get its butt kicked by base mini's.....
Old 02-19-2010, 08:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 80honda
I really do not want to see Honda adopt Direct Injection. Sure, it is a great marketing buzz word for the masses to drool over, but the questionable long term reliability is not something I want to see Honda adopt. Honda did a direct injected K-series. They dropped it for some reason. I'm guessing the complexity, cost, and questionable reliability combined with the real world zero value is why Honda dropped it.

I'm sure Chevrolet would gladly sell you a Cobalt SS.
Do you know where direct injection comes from?.....Diesel motors.....they last about 10 times longer than gas motors.....when you inject anything under over 1000 psi, it cools things down, that why they are so good for turbos. Port injection = fuel being burned on the back or the intake valves...thats the stuff you see Shell advertizing about gunk on the back of your valves......As for a colbalt ss.....If I was in the market for a fwd 4 seater, it would be higher on the list than the si. In case you do not follow autoX, the cobalt ss is classed with the teg type-r and they are pretty dam even.....they pretty much **** on the poor si in every level of preformance.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by dudesitsjdm
where can i buy one and when let me know honda thanks
Old 02-19-2010, 11:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jasoncanseeoh
i would like to buy one for the long run i dont plan on racing it anything like that just would be cool to have hondas first hybrid sports car.and if the make only a few of them even better and if i do want to go fast in it ill just do a swap there really is no need to bitch and cry over the car.it looks cool (maybe only to me) and might be pretty rare.BESIDES LOOKS COOLER THEN THE BIG *** HEAVY NEW SI and if i did lower it with nice rims it would look damm cool!
Old 02-19-2010, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i would like to buy one for the long run i dont plan on racing it anything like that just would be cool to have hondas first hybrid sports car.and if the make only a few of them even better and if i do want to go fast in it ill just do a swap there really is no need to bitch and cry over the car.it looks cool (maybe only to me) and might be pretty rare.BESIDES LOOKS COOLER THEN THE BIG *** HEAVY NEW SI and if i did lower it with nice rims it would look damm cool!
Old 02-19-2010, 11:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Please, Honda, you make amazing cars, just turn the “*****” **** a little to the right. The S2000 is still sitting on a pedestal, but it’s collecting dust. You need a fresh, new, brilliant RWD car that packs more power than a pencil sharpener. Otherwise you will be what Toyota has been for the last 12 years; spineless.

hahahah so true
Old 02-19-2010, 11:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

sorry for bitching and crying then. seems like you have great interest and a legitimate reason.

LOL.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Icon7 Re: CRZ Type-R in the works?

Let's just hope that it actually makes it into production. Either way, I'm probably going to buy a CR-Z "EX version" after I read the reviews on it. This will make a great daily driver/ commuter for my wife.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

coming from the guy who has a 17 year old disney chick as his avatar?...lol idc if all of HT thinks the car is lame i like it looks cool and should be fun to drive.I already have to nice/fast cars dont be made because you cant afford to buy one or any car for that matter ill buy what i want you dont like it my ***** are under my dick have fun suckin em! lol
Old 02-19-2010, 12:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by slick1851
You want small and fun.....mini is he only company who is true to it's owners
This is FUNNY....Mini isnt even Mini anymore - they are BMW and it went from Micro to Macro in size...oh and the recalls -

Anyway....the Type R concept isnt what I had in mind when I was speaking to some guys from corporate but its a giant step in the right direction. I would be happy with a direct K20z powerplant swap instead of the L15 ....the car itself looks good...saw it today in person and I took some pics/video to show the wifey.....she wants one to replace our Del Sol that was stolen in 08.

I refuse to buy her a fit (great car) but I want a 3 door hatch or convertible for her and this fits the bill nicely.

It wont replace my EK dreams but at least I wont have to drive a gutless Fit if we swap cars.

I let the corporate guys know we need a K20 hatch of some sort - with a manual trans. Either a K20 fit, K20 CRZ or hell even a K20 EURO Civic Hatch.....just something sporty with a hatch body....most of the long time Honda guys prefer the hatch given a choice.

And as far as the S2000 you have to cut Honda some slack - with economic down turn, super slow sales and crazy 2010 crash standards the S2000 had to go. Too much money to retool and build another RWD 4cyl with sales projected to be VERY slow in that market.

Right now they are focused on staying in the black - being flexible with their vehicle launches and not spending money unless there is a real payoff for it. Green cars = money...not just in customers but incentives from the G'ubment and their rising CAFE standards/penalties

Fuel efficient, reliable = Honda (F1, Indy, 1000+whp SFWD cars not included)

I know it hurts but Honda has to play it smart, make some money and then spend the profits on developing their lower volume Halo cars...that time will come
Old 02-19-2010, 12:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by SergEK
This is FUNNY....Mini isnt even Mini anymore - they are BMW and it went from Micro to Macro in size...oh and the recalls -

Anyway....the Type R concept isnt what I had in mind when I was speaking to some guys from corporate but its a giant step in the right direction. I would be happy with a direct K20z powerplant swap instead of the L15 ....the car itself looks good...saw it today in person and I took some pics/video to show the wifey.....she wants one to replace our Del Sol that was stolen in 08.

I refuse to buy her a fit (great car) but I want a 3 door hatch or convertible for her and this fits the bill nicely.

It wont replace my EK dreams but at least I wont have to drive a gutless Fit if we swap cars.

I let the corporate guys know we need a K20 hatch of some sort - with a manual trans. Either a K20 fit, K20 CRZ or hell even a K20 EURO Civic Hatch.....just something sporty with a hatch body....most of the long time Honda guys prefer the hatch given a choice.

And as far as the S2000 you have to cut Honda some slack - with economic down turn, super slow sales and crazy 2010 crash standards the S2000 had to go. Too much money to retool and build another RWD 4cyl with sales projected to be VERY slow in that market.

Right now they are focused on staying in the black - being flexible with their vehicle launches and not spending money unless there is a real payoff for it. Green cars = money...not just in customers but incentives from the G'ubment and their rising CAFE standards/penalties

Fuel efficient, reliable = Honda (F1, Indy, 1000+whp SFWD cars not included)

I know it hurts but Honda has to play it smart, make some money and then spend the profits on developing their lower volume Halo cars...that time will come
what did the inside look like? i like this car its where honda wants to go not stay.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

my ***** are under my dick have fun suckin em lol
Old 02-19-2010, 01:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I STILL THINK THE CIVIC TYPE-R IS BETTER LOOKING, EVEN THOU I STILL DON'T REALLY LIKE IT...
OLD SCHOOL ALL DAY BABY....................EM1EM1EM1EM1EM1EM1EM1EM1!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-19-2010, 04:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im a douchebag! wooot

Quick Reply: CRZ Type-R in the works?