Notices
Honda Insight & CR-Z Hybrid Honda Insight and CR-Z Hybrid discussion forum.

CR-Z - no bueno for tall people.

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 12:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CR-Z - no bueno for tall people.

Checked one out at the dealership a couple days ago. Gorgeous car, but a warning - I'm 6'4", and it was uncomfortable. My knees were on the dashboard, and my head was close enough to the roof that I could not wear a helmet if I wanted to race it.

Note that I also own a 1g Insight and a 90 Miata. I don't have head / legroom problems in either of these cars, just the CR-Z.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: CR-Z - no bueno for tall people.

gay im 6'2 on a good day i hope i dont have this problem when i got see one.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:25 PM

Did you know you could lower the seat?

I'm 6'2", but I have a pretty long torso, and I fit with no issues once I adjusted the seat.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What better reason could you ask for to install a low riding race seat?

Suck it up princess!
Old 09-01-2010, 09:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by shifty35
Checked one out at the dealership a couple days ago. Gorgeous car, but a warning - I'm 6'4", and it was uncomfortable. My knees were on the dashboard, and my head was close enough to the roof that I could not wear a helmet if I wanted to race it.

Note that I also own a 1g Insight and a 90 Miata. I don't have head / legroom problems in either of these cars, just the CR-Z.

That’s bullshit, I am 6'4 too and the head room is no problem for me. Even if you need to take some turns and recline the seat up its minor, there’s more than enough clearance. I usually just recline it all the way back, since im that big and be super low key because you cant see the driver as much from the outside with your seat all the way reclined. I don’t believe in tint for Honda’s, I rock my **** fish bowl, so everyone can see me in it.

Stop trying to wear a helmet while driving it. No one is going to track the CRZ for a while unless you’re a company that has the whip as a shop car. Who in there right mind is going to pay mark up and strip the car down to turn it into a race car? I know I have too much fun already griping into turns squatted up in the CRZ. The car feels like its riding on rails in the back end. The handling is so good it will take all wheel drive cars through the turns and make them loose control.

I’ve been breaking hella necks though everywhere I go. The people out there know what’s sup. There like that’s that brand knew car that’s being advertised so much. I be seeing billboards everywhere too. danm it feels good to have some brand new ****, especailly after being in my ef2 daily driving that 80miles a day with no AC just alot of power under the hood to make it fun, this **** is lovely because i got the best of both worlds. The ef2 is going to go to paint.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VLNYUNEEK
That’s bullshit, I am 6'4 too and the head room is no problem for me. Even if you need to take some turns and recline the seat up its minor, there’s more than enough clearance. I usually just recline it all the way back, since im that big and be super low key because you cant see the driver as much from the outside with your seat all the way reclined. I don’t believe in tint for Honda’s, I rock my **** fish bowl, so everyone can see me in it.

Stop trying to wear a helmet while driving it. No one is going to track the CRZ for a while unless you’re a company that has the whip as a shop car. Who in there right mind is going to pay mark up and strip the car down to turn it into a race car? I know I have too much fun already griping into turns squatted up in the CRZ. The car feels like its riding on rails in the back end. The handling is so good it will take all wheel drive cars through the turns and make them loose control.

I’ve been breaking hella necks though everywhere I go. The people out there know what’s sup. There like that’s that brand knew car that’s being advertised so much. I be seeing billboards everywhere too. danm it feels good to have some brand new ****, especailly after being in my ef2 daily driving that 80miles a day with no AC just alot of power under the hood to make it fun, this **** is lovely because i got the best of both worlds. The ef2 is going to go to paint.

Ever heard of autocrossing? Helmet required.

Most of my 6'4" is in the legs, and no amount of adjustment, sliding, or reclining could get me the leg room I needed.

The headroom, maybe the seat height adjustment would have helped. Wouldn't do anything for the legs though.

For handling, I'm having a hard time believing the CR-Z would keep up with the Miata.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Bumped my head getting in, once I got in I was good, Im 6'1 +
Old 09-01-2010, 07:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It will always be one of the cheapest cars in its class. More importantly for people who dig the current model and if you want to buy a new car: Hyundai wants to be clear their lots of the current model, the 2010 Hyundai Sonata could be one of the best car bonus this year!
Old 09-02-2010, 08:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by kimsmarkin
It will always be one of the cheapest cars in its class. More importantly for people who dig the current model and if you want to buy a new car: Hyundai wants to be clear their lots of the current model, the 2010 Hyundai Sonata could be one of the best car bonus this year!

Don’t talk about Hyundai here, that **** is wack, why did the Koreans come up with a name so identical to honda. I know the cars cant even compare to Hondas but danm, I feel bad for people who drive those things. The genisis is the only nice model, but it cost to much.
Old 07-29-2016, 02:21 AM
Trial User

Hi all , i'm 180cm or 6'1 .. I want to own a crz .. Did my height still doing ok for this car?