Honda Insight & CR-Z Hybrid Honda Insight and CR-Z Hybrid discussion forum.

Buying A Used CRZ and IMA System Warning

Old 03-17-2018, 04:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Buying A Used CRZ and IMA System Warning

My wife found a used 2011 CRZ with 72k miles on it. I went to look at it today. It has a rebuilt title because it is a theft recovery. The body panels all seem to line up correctly there is no body work and all panels have faded about the same. The only body damage is to the front spoiler and it looks like it has struck the ground in a dip or a curb. The dealer says he replaced the drivers side window and installed a factory airbox and MAF. It is an auto and drives perfectly. They are asking $5250 for the car.

I am concerned about the Service IMA light. Could this be as easy a blown fuse? The car shows charging when decelerating and assist when accelerating. When you change modes the battery shows it is assisting more and more as you go from economy to sport.

I could find nothing wrong with the car other than it needs a good cleaning and polishing. This would become my daily as my trip to work is 80 miles round trip and would at least double my what my truck gets.

Thanks for any help.
Attached Images   

Last edited by Eddie 70; 03-18-2018 at 04:24 AM.
Old 03-18-2018, 04:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Buying A Used CRZ and IMA System Warning

There are 3 fuses located on the interior fuse panel that have to do with the IMA. 12, 42 and 53. Would one of these fuses cause this light? The system is charging and assisting like it should. The dealer says he has had it for about 4 months. The car needs a good cleaning and polishing. The IMA light might be a warranty fix, not sure. Could the light be from not driving the car for that period of time?