Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Insight & CR-Z Hybrid (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-insight-cr-z-hybrid-154/)
-   -   2019 Honda Insight hybrid - LX / EX / Touring - What to get? (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-insight-cr-z-hybrid-154/2019-honda-insight-hybrid-lx-ex-touring-what-get-3325301/)

CJ455 08-07-2018 02:45 PM

2019 Honda Insight hybrid - LX / EX / Touring - What to get?

I'm considering getting myself a 2019 Honda Insight, but I can't seem to decide which model to go with. I have a tendency to go for the standard, lowest cost model when buying a car, only to wish I had certain features that only came with higher tier models. But I don't want to get a bunch of features that I won't be using either..

I've visited the Honda website to compare the models, as well as chatted with a dealer near my area, however I would like some real life advice from those who have driven/currently own the 2019 Honda Insight.

Which model do you guys recommend and why? And what features do you like having for that model?

CJ455 09-05-2018 12:25 PM

Re: 2019 Honda Insight hybrid - LX / EX / Touring - What to get?

Still considering which model.. Anyone got ideas on what's worth getting?

Johnny Mayday 11-12-2018 03:58 PM

I'd go for the EX... The CarPlay/Android Auto is such a nice feature, and the Smart Entry feature will be something you use every time you walk up to the car. You probably don't need the leather or some of the other touches from the Touring...

ScottFree45 01-11-2019 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by CJ455 (Post 51701625)
I'm considering getting myself a 2019 Honda Insight, but I can't seem to decide which model to go with. I have a tendency to go for the standard, lowest cost model when buying a car, only to wish I had certain features that only came with higher tier models. But I don't want to get a bunch of features that I won't be using either..

I've visited the Honda website to compare the models, as well as chatted with a dealer near my area, however I would like some real life advice from those who have driven/currently own the 2019 Honda Insight.

Which model do you guys recommend and why? And what features do you like having for that model?

Just picked up one this week and will say the EX is the way to go. The Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration, remote start, smart entry and walk away with the 8 inch hi def screen make it worth the $1200 bump.
CarPlay is awesome and the smart entry and walk away make it so easy to forget the keys. You can keep the fob in your pocket/purse and just reaching for the handle unlocks the car.
When you leave the car it will auto lock after about 5 feet with an audible beep. It seems minor but it's nice.
Remote start is of course great for those cold/hot days. The car is always at the right temp when you get in.
I do kind of think I'm missing out on the touring trim with the sunroof, heated motorized leather seats and sound system. But we're talking $4k and I think I will live.

rcarlton 03-03-2019 06:34 AM

I went with the Touring. I went back and forth between the EX and Touring. I could not bring myself to like the feel of the cloth seats, the smell of the car (the EX did not smell as rich as the Touring, the leather seats were the main reason), or the steering wheel. The interior of the EX seemed dark without the sunroof and I like built in GPS mapping. I was driving a Mercedes ML350 and the Touring's interior felt more like a lateral move to me. The Honda has everything a 2009 Mercedes has plus a whole lot more.

carbuffman 05-19-2019 09:55 AM

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/honda-t...2dc2792139.jpg
I suggest the Touring Sedan.
It has a finely appointed interior, offers the full electronic attributes of a true luxury sedan and provides an amazing overall vehicle for a reasonable and modest price.

This first week of ownership of a Insight Touring Sedan equals or exceeds the feelings I had when first owning my high priced German luxury cars.