Honda Insight & CR-Z Hybrid Honda Insight and CR-Z Hybrid discussion forum.

2001 honda insight cvt - goes into gear but won't move

Old 03-05-2019, 02:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default 2001 honda insight cvt - goes into gear but won't move

Hello everyone, hopefully someone can help me figure out what's going on with my 2001 honda insight cvt. I can put the car into every gear and I feel the car moving into the gear as a normal working vehicle would, but when I press the pedal it will not move. It won't move with reverse and it won't move when in drive. I also can not even push it when it's in neutral. I jacked up the car and put the car in neutral but neither of the tires will spin at all. i'm thinking it may be a stuck parking brake cable and others on different forums have suggested the flywheel needs to be replaced. I'm not sure where to really go from this point so that's why I figured I'd ask. Thank you for your efforts
Old 03-05-2019, 03:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2001 honda insight cvt - goes into gear but won't move

Parking brake acts on the rear wheels.

You are saying the front wheels won't move in neutral when in the air? Did the car sit for a long time? Brakes might be seized.

What happens in gear? Does the engine rev freely or does it come up against a load when applying throttle?
Old 03-05-2019, 05:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2001 honda insight cvt - goes into gear but won't move

Originally Posted by Ryanthegreat1 View Post
Parking brake acts on the rear wheels.

You are saying the front wheels won't move in neutral when in the air? Did the car sit for a long time? Brakes might be seized.

What happens in gear? Does the engine rev freely or does it come up against a load when applying throttle?

the car does sit pretty much all the time so i'll check to see if the brakes are seized. when I apply the throttle it feels like it really wants to move, but just won't

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: