Notices
Honda Insight & CR-Z Hybrid Honda Insight and CR-Z Hybrid discussion forum.

decide to buy 2015 CRZ, some questions

Old 05-11-2015, 01:25 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default decide to buy 2015 CRZ, some questions

Hi, I am from WA and drive an old civic currently. I decide to buy a 2015 CRZ. My local dealers ask $19589.0 for the bare model. It is a little higher than the shared price by others in autopriceshare. However, I thought the small price difference is acceptable and I am going to purchase it. In my city, it snows sometimes and I am not sure about whether CRZ could handle the snow situation. Do I need to prepare the snow chains for it? Thanks in advance
Old 05-18-2015, 09:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: decide to buy 2015 CRZ, some questions

I'd say yes. Remember that the initial power is from the electric motor which puts down a huge amount of tq at 1000rpm.
Old 05-21-2015, 06:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by flybee
Hi, I am from WA and drive an old civic currently. I decide to buy a 2015 CRZ. My local dealers ask $19589.0 for the bare model. It is a little higher than the shared price by others in autopriceshare. However, I thought the small price difference is acceptable and I am going to purchase it. In my city, it snows sometimes and I am not sure about whether CRZ could handle the snow situation. Do I need to prepare the snow chains for it? Thanks in advance
Snow tires are your friend. I would get snow cables and winter tires if I drove a car that light year round.
Old 06-10-2015, 06:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just keep in mind that car is just 200 lbs over a ton. It's light, so I'm plenty sure ice will be its enemy. The traction control on them is pretty high at low speeds. Mine would activate by turning onto a busy road. I'd suggest going with a manual, the cvt is nice but you can really only manually control it with the paddle shifters in sport mode. And the cvt will slip if you floor it out of a corner in eco mode. Plus you have a lot more tuning options with a manual as the cvt can really only handle up to 200 hp. Lovely car none the less.
Old 07-14-2015, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I've owned mine for about a year and a half. It is quite light. I've hydroplaned and spun out on mine out of no where. The snow was manageable, I just had it in econ mode for the most part and kept it and a slow speed. Never had an issue with it in the snow honestly. you might have some trouble with how low it is, but besides that I think you should be good.

Although just giving you a fair warning, these vehicles depreciate super fast. They are lovely cars though.
Old 12-30-2015, 10:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

They do depreciate fast lol. You can find some for 10k now