Notices
Honda Insight & CR-Z Hybrid Honda Insight and CR-Z Hybrid discussion forum.

CR-Z sales figures... not good.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 12:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: CR-Z sales figures... not good.

Originally Posted by weavertime1
Can I ask how much you sold it for with the R title? Thanks! And BTW...I totally agree.
rebuilt title, 4,950 miles, sold it for $16,000 flat.
The udpgrades on it were factory rear rubber mat, rear bumper protector applique, oem carbon fiber rear fuser upgrade, laminex front fog protector covers, 4 splash guards, and a few other basic options.
This was the best you can get, when i experimented with 48psi in tires, and a combo of using sport mode for 50mph and under, and econ in town, and normal on flats.

lifetime:

Last edited by bheinen74; 01-16-2013 at 12:36 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone with higher milage on their CRZs care to chime in regarding MPG. Im just curious if the vehicles MPG is improved after say... 10,000K
Old 01-17-2013, 08:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Theres plenty of people on the forums that average 40-50
Old 01-18-2013, 05:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by bheinen74
I have owned a 91 CRX Si since '93, and a few other 90/91 Si hatches, etc in the years spanning then to now.

I decided to give CR-Z some ownership for a bit.
I bought a 2011 CR-Z EX CVT non nav that was lightly wrecked front end when it had 789 miles on it. I fixed it, got the rebuilt title inspection, and drove the car until 4,950 miles on it, and made the quick decision to sell it and cherish my 91 Si's alot more.

I did get a 4,000 mile plus lifetime 42.1 MPG during my driving the Cr-Z CVT.
But, my CRX Si will pull 39mpg not even trying to get the mpg. That lifetime mpg on the CR-Z was actually trying as hard as i could to get the best, tires aired to 42psi, etc.....The CR-Z when driven interstate, at 71+mph would not get better than 39/40mpg. If you drive it 55mph, it will get near 45-50mpg. CRX Si is better on both speeds all around. If the day was windy, the CR-Z mpg went way down, but the same windy day, the CRX gets 39mpg all day long.
The issue is flat out, a hybrid should get better mpg than the non hybrids of 20 years ago.
I am a member on the CR-z forum, I also did not like the CR-Z blindspot in the C pillar right of the driver, when backing, driving down a freeway etc, even with the round blindspot mirrors. Comparing visibility in it to the CRX or Civic Si hatch visibility is like comparing Apples to green beans. The CR-Z sucks, even with blindspot mirrors and even when you are careful. In my opinion the CR-Z is a wreck waiting to happen due to the poor backside visibility.
The handling was quite good, I liked the CVT, the sound system was good. The seats do not have the tilt forward remember where it was when you fold it back, like a crx. HVAC system seemed lacking in 92+ temps the CRX would have still been ice cold. There are no coat hooks. The windshield molding in the front has bad wind noise. If you have LOVED the older ones, you will think about the same as i listed.
I think Honda didn't want to sell many in the US, have you noticed lack of advertisements, etc. They should have dropped out the hybrid system in it, and just put in a 1.4L or 1.5L n/a engine and see if it will get better mpg, which i think it would. Heck I could put the CRX Si engine in it and get better mpg than the lea gets.
Also to note, a major downfall is the 400 pound total weight of the car contents.....ie, a driver weighing 180, along with the 130 pound girlfriend, a sub box and amp, and you are barely able to safely pack a cooler with you, or a bag of golf clubs. People have already blown struts on the cr-z forum when a member loaned his car to 2 obese woman lol....Yes, total occupant weight and cargo is set to 400 lbs....

also some rear damage to bumper etc

and it fixed

I love it how no one liked anything you had to say on the crzforum so you come to troll another Honda forum and spread facts that are skewed and untrue. This has been discussed hundreds if times on there with the same answer you will not get the same milage with a d series in the crz then you would with the lea1 I drive the exact same as I did in my crz as I did in my gsr and the crz kills it in gas milage hands down with more mods done and has more torque people really need to stop believing everything they read. Safety standards have changed regulations have changed so naturally other aspects must change to keep up. I'm sure Honda tested different combinations and they picked the best for what they were going for right in the middle , not the best hybrid and not the best sports car still quick and has amazing handling.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

B-radFZ1, that is true,m how long have you owned and driven Hondas in years. If you are expert plus beyong my experience let me know, Driven Hondas here since 1993. That is 20 years in Honda. Just curious how long you are a fan. I am serious, i have probably owned more Hondas than you have been in, whether you owned it or a friend has. I owned a RHD Sir EF9 B16A1 with Y1 LSD, the CR-Z is a joke.... in mileage and power and HANDLING. And I have been a driver since about 1987 and no accidents so who cares about the extra crash testing ability on this.

Troll eh, yeah how many parts have you offered for sale traded etc. I have been on JDM Universe preety much sinc day one of it, and sold like 5 or 6 Honda cars on Ebay. Bought many more...So what s your level and don't go bash if you have not proof.

You sir are the troll unless you have something more. What are you like 23 and have your 2nd Honda that your parents paid for..?
Are you jealous of what you see in my pics? tell me come on do tell. I am guessing you live in S. Chi or Homewood. Or you may be really cool, and just not want to accept the older stuff is better. Hey go take your new tech in the pond for a drive, let me know how easy it is to get your windows down before the water gets ya. I like crank window, old tech wins again in wet stuff like a drink pond.

Last edited by bheinen74; 01-18-2013 at 11:43 PM.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

B-radFZ1, that is true,m how long have you owned and driven Hondas in years. If you are expert plus beyong my experience let me know, Driven Hondas here since 1993. That is 20 years in Honda. Just curious how long you are a fan. I am serious, i have probably owned more Hondas than you have been in, whether you owned it or a friend has. I owned a RHD Sir EF9 B16A1 with Y1 LSD, the CR-Z is a joke.... in mileage and power and HANDLING. And I have been a driver since about 1987 and no accidents so who cares about the extra crash testing ability on this.

Troll eh, yeah how many parts have you offered for sale traded etc. I have been on JDM Universe preety much sinc day one of it, and sold like 5 or 6 Honda cars on Ebay. Bought many more...So what s your level and don't go bash if you have not proof.

You sir are the troll unless you have something more. What are you like 23 and have your 2nd Honda that your parents paid for..?
Are you jealous of what you see in my pics? tell me come on do tell. I am guessing you live in S. Chi or Homewood. Or you may be really cool, and just not want to accept the older stuff is better. Hey go take your new tech in the pond for a drive, let me know how easy it is to get your windows down before the water gets ya. I like crank window, old tech wins again in wet stuff like a drink pond.
I've owned two civics a gsr and the crz and im no where new in the Honda game it is the only car I will drive and this isn't my first time modifying them did I say I was an expert...no. My parents have never bought me a car I have always and will always work for what I have I actually bought the crz half cash from a deployment to Iraq not sure if you know anything about that either I don't expect you to. Your post just proves my point now and I actually lol'ed because I just read a post today saying how your a e thug and were the one of the very few on the other forum and look you back that up. Old technology isn't always better yes sometimes but there are reasons things get replaced. You can think of whatever you want because your opinion will not stop me or hold me back and mine shouldn't do anything to you either but you got offended and didn't do anything except try and make up alot of new things and didn't even respond to the only and only point you made which ways your views and info is almost always skewed.

Last edited by b-radzf1; 01-19-2013 at 05:07 AM.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Another reason sales are so low on this in the states is HONDA refuses to advertise the car. No ads on TV, none in magazines etc. It is common knowledge if an interested party walks into the dealership and asks to see a CR-Z the sale person will get you into a Civic first and try to not sell a CR-Z

Related note, If you like cupholders, the 2 seat CR-Z has 3 cup holders. Engineering effort was serious about them.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:44 PM
He knows where you live!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

What's the crash test ratings on your SI versus the CRZ? $50 says the CRZ demolishes your SI in every category and still has the same MPG. There's far more to a car than just MPG. If you've driven Hondas for that long hopefully you've come to realize that.

The CRZ is geared towards mileage and doesn't have an SI badge or Type R model either.

Many of your points are absolutely worthless and add nothing to the conversation. Oh, you haven't been in an accident? That's cool brah, neither have I. Wanna hang out at Starbucks and tell everyone on the internet about it?

Last edited by TheMuffinMan; 01-21-2013 at 08:37 AM.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If the CR-z came with a K I would want one. I love they way the look but they are just to dam slow. although as bisimoto has show you can to a lot with the factory CR-z motor.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan
What's the crash test ratings on your SI versus the CRZ? $50 says the CRZ demolishes your SI in every category and still has the same MPG. There's far more to a car than just MPG. If you've driven Hondas for that long hopefully you've come to realize that.

The CRZ is geared towards mileage and doesn't have an SI badge or Type R model either.

Many of your points are absolutely worthless and add nothing to the conversation. Oh, you haven't been in an accident? That's cool brah, neither have I. Wanna hang out at Starbucks and tell everyone on the internet about it?
+1
Old 02-04-2013, 03:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a good car with flaws and a large margin for potential. I honestly think all it needs is some development and a more diverse power train selection that will diversify it's price range too.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

CR-Z is an obese car at 2800lbs... The idea that you need a two seater to weigh 2800lbs in order to make it safe is ridiculous. There are 5 star rated cars that weigh 800lbs less than this fat pig and they have 4 doors and comfortably seat people in the rear! Hybrid **** doesn't weigh this much! This car weighs as much as a Honda Civic and is 200lbs less than a Prius!
Old 02-07-2013, 05:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

They weigh about 2600 and 2700 so your off and hybrid battries weigh alot more then you think my friend wanted to lower his camery hybrid but can being coils and bags made for the regular camera do not support the extra weight. Plus a forum member from Europe with the glass roof option weighed his and it only weighed about 2600
Old 02-23-2013, 08:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The resale value of these CRZ's are gonna be high in 5 years. A lot of people will want them, since they will be looking to swap them and they are pretty rare.

I want one and I have $$$.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You guys that actually own a CR-Z, how do you like it?
Old 04-03-2013, 05:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by gsrflyby
You guys that actually own a CR-Z, how do you like it?
I love my Z! Check out CRZforum if you want some good information about them.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I can understand why sales are on the low side for these cars and I love it. Makes it unique. I bought the car only because I needed a car that gets 40mpg and wanted it to have manual transmission. The Honda CRZ is the only Hybrid (so called) that has a manual transmission. Sure I'd love to have the S2000, but the cost and lower mpg would not warrant me the savings. I'm past my teenage years so massive power will stay on my Expedition (it blows with all the mods I've installed!) when I'm not concerned with gas.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Head spinner. Check out CRZforum.com for a ton more info. Not many Z owners in here.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes 2.3AccordSOHC, I am a member of the CRZ Forum. May find info here not on that site. The more set of eyes the better they say... And when that fails... it
Old 04-23-2013, 07:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by HeadSpinner
I can understand why sales are on the low side for these cars and I love it. Makes it unique. I bought the car only because I needed a car that gets 40mpg and wanted it to have manual transmission. The Honda CRZ is the only Hybrid (so called) that has a manual transmission. Sure I'd love to have the S2000, but the cost and lower mpg would not warrant me the savings. I'm past my teenage years so massive power will stay on my Expedition (it blows with all the mods I've installed!) when I'm not concerned with gas.
1st gen Honda Civic Hybrid, 1st gen Honda Insight are hybrids that are available with M/T. The CRZ would be more appealing if the fuel economy wasn't the SAME as a NON hybrid 90s honda civic! What's the point of a hybrid if you're getting the same MPG as a non hybrid with the same performance as well, but far less utility?
Old 04-23-2013, 08:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If you're going to do a swap, you could remove that heavy battery anyways.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:17 PM
No Big Whoop

Another reason sales are so low on this in the states is HONDA refuses to advertise the car. No ads on TV, none in magazines etc. It is common knowledge if an interested party walks into the dealership and asks to see a CR-Z the sale person will get you into a Civic first and try to not sell a CR-Z

Related note, If you like cupholders, the 2 seat CR-Z has 3 cup holders. Engineering effort was serious about them.
Honda does not advertise the Fit. I have never seen a Fit ad on TV.
Yet Fits sell almost exactly 10 to 1 compared to the CRZ.

2013 sales numbers so far.
January 358
February 381
March 451

I really don't think Honda was thinking on selling less than 5000 CRZs per year in the USA.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wonder how the CRZ sales compare to the first generation Insight sales from back in the day.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by fleabag
1st gen Honda Civic Hybrid, 1st gen Honda Insight are hybrids that are available with M/T. The CRZ would be more appealing if the fuel economy wasn't the SAME as a NON hybrid 90s honda civic! What's the point of a hybrid if you're getting the same MPG as a non hybrid with the same performance as well, but far less utility?
Thanks for the info. Looks like the Insight and CRZ are the only MT's on the road that claim hybrid. Never looked at an Insight when looking to buy a car as 2 door was another stipulation. Had a Chevy Blazer (2 door) and loved it. Traded it in for an Expedition as even more room was needed for photo gigs. One car for mpg and the other for when room is needed
Old 04-27-2013, 07:38 AM
No Big Whoop

Originally Posted by The_Head
I wonder how the CRZ sales compare to the first generation Insight sales from back in the day.
Here are the numbers.

1999 17
2000 3788
2001 4726
2002 2216
2003 1168
2004 583
2005 666

Quick Reply: CR-Z sales figures... not good.