Notices
Honda Fit Honda Fit (Jazz)

Your opinion on swapping engines in the fit.

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 08:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your opinion on swapping engines in the fit.

do you all feel there are "a lot "of shops doing swaps in the fit? i have heard rumors of kseries 2.0l and 2.4 liters outof crv and/or rsx.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Your opinion on swapping engines in the fit. (SpoonSportsJunkie)

Yup there is but I dont think its quite necesary. If you want a faster car buy something else. But I will consider an engine swap after my warrenty is over. Tuner shops have to do stuff like that to new cars to be on top of their game and be the one of the ones to be the first to do it. The Fit just needs some suspension work and minor bolt ons and it should be a great autocross/daily driver. I happy with mine just the way it is, stock engine... The Fit is not a race car and if I wanted a faster car I would have bought something else...
Old 12-19-2007, 12:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Your opinion on swapping engines in the fit. (jdmda7)

We have been working on a k20 swapped Fit. There is a lot of parts out there ppl aren't selling which make the swap not as easy as some people make it out to be. Not to mention that a majority of the ones out there either have check engine lights and/or are strickly track cars. Most don't run the a/c, oem gauge cluster and other comforts the car offers because they don't wanna deal with the wiring.

Nothing wrong with boosted or all motor L15's
Old 12-19-2007, 06:09 PM

Default Re: Your opinion on swapping engines in the fit. (Iceycrx)

yup if there are high quality kits for the fit, i would rather bolt on one w/ an intercooler and do some fuel upgrades and run like 6-8psi.. that should be plenty.. i hear that the stock suspension is not half bad.
Old 12-20-2007, 05:35 AM
eL
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A k20/k24 swapped Fit would be awesome. I would much rather have a K swapped Fit over a turbo L15.

There are simply more advantages of having the k20 over the L15. 6 gears, LSD, more potential, more power stock...and more.

I would love to turbo or supercharge my L15 as it would probably be cheaper and a lot less work than the k20 swap PLUS having the original engine in the car is a big plus.

Both engines have their advantages but for performance, the k20 is the obvious winner.
Old 12-20-2007, 05:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (eL)

It depends if all out performance is what you desire. Everything with motors has pro's and cons. We spoke with Jenvey and they had on of their L15 Fits all motor around 200whp. Also don't forget there is a nice border line of streetable HP out there. You can have 300+ but will it even hookup on the street? Probly not.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Iceycrx)

L15 FTW! K-swaps arnt the answer for every car...
Old 12-20-2007, 12:43 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmda7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yup there is but I dont think its quite necesary. If you want a faster car buy something else. But I will consider an engine swap after my warrenty is over. Tuner shops have to do stuff like that to new cars to be on top of their game and be the one of the ones to be the first to do it. The Fit just needs some suspension work and minor bolt ons and it should be a great autocross/daily driver. I happy with mine just the way it is, stock engine... The Fit is not a race car and if I wanted a faster car I would have bought something else... </TD></TR></TABLE>

You hit the nail on the head my friend.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jdmda7)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmda7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">L15 FTW! K-swaps arnt the answer for every car... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Turbo L15 & aftermarket internals
Old 12-20-2007, 03:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Iceycrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">We spoke with Jenvey and they had on of their L15 Fits all motor around 200whp. </TD></TR></TABLE>

How did they manage to get 200 whp out of the L15 motor? Just curious.. pump fuel?
Old 12-20-2007, 03:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BioXide02)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BioXide02 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

How did they manage to get 200 whp out of the L15 motor? Just curious.. pump fuel?</TD></TR></TABLE>
S2 made 220hp with new internals, no turbo.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:27 PM
nerd

Default Re: (CerealKiller)

i'm in the position to swap a k , but for the money , and you havent bought a fit, get a typre S rsx,

a swap that cost 2/3 of the car is not worth it (money wise)

but i am not paying for my swap so i dont care , i cant wait to see the look on the dealerships face when i show up for an oil change and they see a K motor lOL

*daydream*
Old 12-20-2007, 03:35 PM

Default Re: (dj_BUDDAH)

look at the spoon fit...they use the stock motors but all they have on are like boltons and such...and look how beautiful it sounds and looks...i just wanna cry
Old 12-20-2007, 03:36 PM

Default Re: (JRRR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dj_BUDDAH &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i'm in the position to swap a k , but for the money , and you havent bought a fit, get a typre S rsx,

a swap that cost 2/3 of the car is not worth it (money wise)

but i am not paying for my swap so i dont care , i cant wait to see the look on the dealerships face when i show up for an oil change and they see a K motor lOL

*daydream*</TD></TR></TABLE>

damn whos paying for it?
Old 12-20-2007, 04:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Your opinion on swapping engines in the fit. (CivicWagonRUS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CivicWagonRUS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You hit the nail on the head my friend. </TD></TR></TABLE>
I always do!
Old 12-20-2007, 05:00 PM
eL
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmda7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> If you want a faster car buy something else. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I can't agree with you at all. How many people on HT put B/K/H swaps in their Civics? Should they all have bought something else?
Old 12-20-2007, 05:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Your opinion on swapping engines in the fit. (eL)

There is nothing wrong with engine swaps but Im just sick of everybody thinking the answer for every Honda is a K-swap. Its not necessary and the Fits L15 is a great platform to start out in. In Japan there is a ton of aftermarket parts available which are available here also you just have to know where to look. Plus they race the factory engines there also and not to many have gone to the K-series. Just my opinion, I think they know what they are doing... Im getting a supercharger for my L15 and maybe a few more bolt-ons...
Old 12-20-2007, 05:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Your opinion on swapping engines in the fit. (SpoonSportsJunkie)

Check out this ride I saw at SEMA. I can't tell you who did it because I was in such a hurry to see everything I just did not have time to read the specs. K20A2 with T.B.'s. Unreal. God I wanted it.

Old 12-20-2007, 06:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Your opinion on swapping engines in the fit. (Umbyman)

Um that Fit is old new buddy. It was the first in the states with the K-swap if I remember correctly. Its the N1 Concepts Fit race car and they built it a few years ago for time attack...
Old 12-20-2007, 06:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

10-4
Old 12-20-2007, 06:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Your opinion on swapping engines in the fit. (Umbyman)

Its cool, welcome to honda-tech!
Old 12-20-2007, 08:10 PM
nerd

Default Re: (JRRR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JRRR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

damn whos paying for it?</TD></TR></TABLE>

my lil brother
Old 12-21-2007, 07:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BioXide02)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BioXide02 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

How did they manage to get 200 whp out of the L15 motor? Just curious.. pump fuel?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't forget the Fit has been out there for years (not in america) and Im sure there are plenty of companies out there that make parts for it. A lot of american companies think the car just came out and there isnt a huge following. I know personally speaking with a lot of companies in person that they honestly do feel this is a NEW car and it doesnt have a worthwhile following.

I know speaking with the company Jenvey (british company) they said they have done work on Fits for years and sell ITBs for the L15. I've seen plenty of raced out D16's get huge numbers with the right builds and tunes.

Anything is possible.

Also the reason people have been saying K-series is the end all is because most of the time people pour the same amount of money as a kswap for the sole reason of just having a high HP car. Not everyone is like that, some people want just bolt-ons but a majority of people I talk to daily just want big numbers and dont care if its a swap or not. However to get there.

I personally on my Fit just wanted a bit more pep and to still have nice mpg
Old 12-21-2007, 12:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Iceycrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I personally on my Fit just wanted a bit more pep and to still have nice mpg</TD></TR></TABLE>

werd....but the thing is do you swap for mor power and use stock components(sp) or build the L15

ive had different experiences with both so if anything id prolly swap over build
Old 12-22-2007, 06:41 AM

As was said earlier K's are the answer to everything. From what I read over at Fit-Freak the vast majority has the concensus that a K swapped Fit is pretty much the equivellent as a H22'ed EG/EK. Yeah its got power but its also a sled and does not handle near what i could have with a small snail and a good suspension.

The L15 is so light weight and for a Honda motor it is relatively torquey. Thats not something to just throw away for a higher number that really doesn't mean much.

Case in point. Watch on youtube the J's Racing fit keep pace with an NSX. Its not swapped. The Spoon Fit does it even better and in big part to that lightweight motor. Swap in a K and then you are introducing more understeer characteristics to an already understeer prone platform. Why? Unless you want to drag your Fit?

Quick Reply: Your opinion on swapping engines in the fit.