Water Leak into Driver's side floor - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda Fit Honda Fit (Jazz)

Water Leak into Driver's side floor

Old 01-27-2008, 10:44 AM   #1

Default Water Leak into Driver's side floor

Hi!

Is water leakage into the driver's side floor when it rains something common for honda fit owners? It's been raining recently and every time I get this puddle of water on the driver's side floor, and I can't figure out where it's coming from.

What should I do? Will this be something my warantee can cover?

monqee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 01:11 PM   #2
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Water Leak into Driver's side floor (monqee)

yea id take that to the dealer to look at. ive never heard of that happening to other people. sounds like a drain could be plugged or something.
jdmfit2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:37 AM   #3
New User

Default Re: Water Leak into Driver's side floor

Hello, I have an 08' FIT with the same issue. Front Drivers side floor is soaked. Have you had this checked out yet? Thanks
08FITDCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:40 AM   #4
New User

There is most likely a piece of the inner wheel well splash shield (or whatever Honda calls it) missing. Most likely is a piece adjacent to the front shock absorber housing. It's sort of a square piece, about 4 in. by 4 in. (on my 2005 civic hybrid anyway). You shouldn't be able to look from the wheel well into the engine compartment, except through small areas, holes, or slits, etc. In my case, Honda serviced the CVT and when I got the car back water "poured" into the driver's side floor when driving in rain. I could look from one wheel well, all the way through the engine compartment to the other wheel well. Honda service swears there's no piece missing. They've diagnosed it as a leak in a previously replaced front windshield seal. That's a crock. The car doesn't leak unless driven in rain. But, the car sits outside in the rain and doesn't leak and there is no sign of water above the floor at the front of the firewall at the base of the dash area. And I can see where there are "clean" areas in the wheel well where the splash shield obviously was and should be. The parts diagrams are hard to figure because I think some of the parts are in the a/c section of Honda's diagrams and some maybe in the chassis, or whatever, and it is hard to put all the pieces together in your head. Anyway, I'm calling the Click and Clack Brothers at NPR 'cause they'll love it and they make me laugh.
crispin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:46 AM   #5
Honda-Tech Member

Must be a recall. Check for recalls and take it back to the dealer. They'll fix it.
hoya_10fintec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:30 PM   #6
New User

Yea, take it to the dealer and let them worry about it.
justa paintr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:06 PM   #7
Honda-Tech Member

This happened to my wifes 07... about 1 month after we bought it. I took it back to the dealer, and they sent it to a body shop to body glue the firewall and underbody. Mine did it while sitting in the driveway too. I was also able to get them to replace the carpet b/c it had happened several times before i was able to get it to the shop (NC winters).
ryanbartholomew85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:30 PM   #8
Trial User

My '09 Fit recently developed a water leak on the floor behind the driver's seat. The water leaks even when the vehicle is parked outside in the rain, which would seem to exclude it originating from the wheel well or undercarriage. I've checked around the window and door seal and have not seen any obvious entry point.

Has anyone experienced anything similar, or have any ideas?

Thanks.
JerryE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:03 AM   #9
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Water Leak into Driver's side floor (monqee)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmfit2001 View Post
yea id take that to the dealer to look at. ive never heard of that happening to other people. sounds like a drain could be plugged or something.
We take our fit to the dealer to solve the problem too...
Tuche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 02:35 PM   #10
Honda-Tech Member

Good new: The dealer, decided to change our door, without any cost. The car have 5 year, no more warranty, and we are the second owner!!! Thank you Honda!
Tuche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 01:36 AM   #11
Trial User

pull off the rubber gasket a little at the driver door top (passenger too) you will find tape under it. The tape is supposed to cover two small assembly holes along the roof line but the tape is too small, water gets in here, can come out the roof switch panel maybe other places as well.
Harry John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 05:00 PM   #12
Honda-Tech Member

Icon5 Re: Water Leak into Driver's side floor

Have a 91 Accord, got water on floor before. There is a weep hole at the rear of the front left quarter panel. Quite possible after all these years it is plugged up. Take a coat hanger and run it down into that hole and see if it clears it up.

Also, possible that the heater core : -( may be having issues. Possibly even around the hose fitting on the drv side firewall.
?? Are your windows fogging up badly at night even when the outside temp is moderate?? Do you smell a sweet smell like antifreeze?
550k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 12:19 PM   #13
Honda-Tech Member

Very useful info!!
sflores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 02:17 PM   #14
Trial User

I have a 2015 Honda Fit. My first issue with a pond of water on the front driver side floor was in 2016. At the time I was told by Honda it was from a clogged AC channel. I was told there wasn't anything I could do about it except have the maintenance guys clean it out when I bring it in for an oil change periodically. Almost a year later, the same thing happened to me today. There was a fierce rain all day yesterday. Today, when I got in the car, there was no water. Within 30 minutes of driving, a pond formed. Luckily I was able to wet vac it out. I have another appointment with Honda on Monday morning. Very distressing. For all the technology, it's lame they don't have a sensor of something to alert owners if a channel is clogged. (They said it was clogged with pollen/debris and that the only way to prevent it is to park in a garage. I don't have such a luxury.)
Yaffamo is offline   Reply With Quote