Notices
Honda Fit Honda Fit (Jazz)

Tranny D light flashing ..no cel

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 11:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Tranny D light flashing ..no cel

hummm. maybe... what i took out looked like number 11/15 in the picture. maybe i got the wrong thing however when i looked i didnt seen any harness running to the locations where #9 and 10 are so i figured it wasnt there.

i'll look again when i get home and also try to upload pics.

do the Fits in the USA carry a Start Clutch Assembly? it is inside the tranny.
the reason i ask is because the mechanic here changed that inside the tranny and when we got the car back the D light was flashing. i was wondering if he could have done something wrong or forgot to do something causing this.

Any way i drove the car today and after like an hour of driving ir was fine but when we got into "stop and go" traffic and the car had to gear it self down the D light started to act itself up.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Here are a few pics of that i have. the black sensor is what i took out. If you guys look close you would see that i dont seem to have that pressure switch sensor. only that brown thing at the is to the left of the black sensor i took out of the tranny.

the brown sensor, has like a solenoid on it . once out it sits almost 2 inches in the tranny and has a hole in the centre. with like a filter in it and 2 O-ring seals on it.

Help ...lol cant get this figured out
Attached Images      
Old 12-07-2009, 06:53 PM

The only start clutch that Honda uses is in the hybrid CVT transmissions.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:12 PM
New User

that is a mainshaft or countershaft speed sensor!!!!!!!
Old 12-07-2009, 08:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LVB18Civic
The only start clutch that Honda uses is in the hybrid CVT transmissions.
Wrong yet again. Fits/Jazz with CVT transmissions have always had start clutches. If you looked at the photo it's easy to see the VIN and that is NOT a USDM vehicle, also for your edification USDM Fits/Jazz never came with an ISDI engine very easy to know if you read the Vin plate and see it's a GD1. gotta keep up............
Old 12-08-2009, 03:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

good call clay more.... but do u kno if this model came with the pressure switches?
if so would u know the part number?

could a USDM FIT AT tranny work on this model FIT?
Old 12-08-2009, 06:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The part with the brown connector toward the front of your engine is the "inhibitor solenoid". The part indicated with the black connector is the "Drive Pulley Speed Sensor". Sorry but those are not stocked in the USA so I can't get your parts numbers but using those correct names you should be able to find them at your local Honda dealer.

The only "Valve" used on a CVT is your "CVT start clutch pressure control valve" no others and no transmission pressure switches those are on the USDM automatic only.

It could work BUT you would have to replace the CVT, all your gauges, and your PCM (ECU) shifter, etc and that would be quite expensive. Better off selling it and get a manual or fix the CVT and live with it.

check your PMs

Last edited by claymore; 12-08-2009 at 07:30 AM.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks alot again.....

i'm gonna take the tranny off this weekend, and investigate myself. i think the ATF pump may be clogged, since the clutches went bad, the may be debris inside.

the car only does it after a while of driving.
What happens exactly:

from cold the car drives fine.
Warms Up and continues to drive fine. after like an 30-40mins of driving (in traffic) the car would start to idle really low and i would feel it gear down to what i assume is the lowest gear.
after like 3-5 mins of that then the D light would flash and the car would go into "limp" mode and limit RPM to 4000. and stick in that gear. if i drive it like that then the car would start to feel "tight" and if i stop it is extremely sluggish to move off from a stop.

if i let the car sit till it cold again or atleast cooled down then it woudl drive fine.

I think that something may be wrong with the fluid and/or the excess driving breaking down the fluid when it gets to "that temp" and it not functioning correctly.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by claymore
HA at least I use the proper terminology unlike the "internet kids" that say it doesn't matter and only use incorrect terminology in their ignorance because "all the other kids use it". Try and keep up.

You keep forgetting that your ignorance is posted for the whole world to see ROMLMAO
https://honda-tech.com/forums/general-discussion-debate-40/i-can-kick-all-your-%24%24e%24-2543788/

This is just one example of your less than brilliant postings.
see what i mean, you cant answer the question for what it is, and keep bringing us back to the fact that you are a moron and dont know the answer to you say something completely irrelevant. haha good job, hows the shnozzberries taste?
Old 12-08-2009, 07:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

HA at least I use the proper terminology unlike the "internet kids" that say it doesn't matter and only use incorrect terminology in their ignorance because "all the other kids use it". Try and keep up.

You keep forgetting that your ignorance is posted for the whole world to see ROMLMAO
https://honda-tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2543788

This is just one example of your less than brilliant postings.
ps, how is that ignorance? roll on the floor laughing my *** off!

please let me know if you know what ignorance means
Old 12-08-2009, 09:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

This is a technical post and all you can post is internet dweeb little kid stuff .... you did absolutely nothing to help the OP you didn't even try to help because you can't due to your ignorance of anything automotive.

Take a look and see who gave him the CORRECT info that nobody else could and it sure wasn't you ... "O" look it was me.

Last edited by claymore; 12-09-2009 at 01:01 AM.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This is a technical post and all you can post is internet dweeb little kid stuff .... you did absolutely nothing to help the OP you didn't even try to help because you can't due to your ignorance of anything automotive.

Take a look and see who gave him the CORRECT info that nobody else could and it sure wasn't you ... "O" look it was me.
right on, go edit your post
Old 12-09-2009, 06:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

See what I mean nothing of SUBSTANCE just more internet dweeb BS. Go play in the "HOT GIRL+EM1+STROBES+EMPTY WAREHOUSE=EPIC WIN" post with your dweeb buddies and leave repairing cars to the adults who know what they are doing.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok guys , i put the diag tool on the car. i got code P1890. Any idea what this is? or how to fix it?
Old 12-09-2009, 09:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

DTC Troubleshooting: P1890 (42-1)

DTC P1890: Problem in Shift Control System

NOTE: Record all freeze data before you troubleshoot.

1. Check whether the another DTC is indicated.

Is the another DTC indicated?

YES - Perform the troubleshooting for the indicated DTC(s). Recheck for DTC P1890 after troubleshooting.

NO - Go to 2

2. Measure the stall speed RPM in [D], [S], [L], and [R] positions.

Is the stall speed over 3,500 rpm (min-1)?

YES - Replace the transmission.n

NO - If the stall speed is below 2,000 rpm (min-1), replace the control valve body. If the stall speed is in 2,000-3,500 rpm (min-1), go to 3.

3. Turn the ignition switch OFF.

4. Set the digital multitester to monitor the throttle position sensor voltage between PCM connector terminals A15 and A23 or A24.

Wire side of female terminalsPCM CONNECTOR A (31P)LG2 (BRN/BLK)LG1 (BRN/BLK)TPS (RED/BLK)

5. Drive the vehicle in [D] position on a flat road at 60 km/h (37 mph) with throttle position sensor voltage 2.0 V, and measure the engine speed RPM.

Is the engine speed in 2,200-3,100 rpm (min-1)?

YES - Replace the control valve body.n

NO - Replace the transmission.n