Notices
Honda Fit Honda Fit (Jazz)

sun visor dissasembly help

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 11:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sun visor dissasembly help

i've been trying to remove the sun visor for the past 2 days and so far no luck. i've tried twisting and pulling and poking but its a no go. For those who have done their headliner or just removed their sun visor for any reason, how do you do it? lol

im sure you guys know what it looks like but here are some pics:

Name:  IMG_1864.jpg
Views: 4568
Size:  113.3 KB

Name:  IMG_1865.jpg
Views: 4019
Size:  77.5 KB

Name:  IMG_1867.jpg
Views: 3676
Size:  35.7 KB

thanks.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:48 PM
New User

Default Re: sun visor dissasembly help

bump- really- nobody can can help on this? I'm having the exact same problem. I'm trying to remove the driver side sun visor to complete the install of the bluetooth HFL kit (I cant pull down the headliner to route the harness without removing this visor).

The instructions in the Honda Service Manual for the fit don't seem to work (push the "hook" in that slot down with a flat tip screw driver, then rotate the miror 45 degrees). In fact, following the Honda manual, I can't get either sun visor to even hint that it wants to detach..

Has anyone here ever removed a Fit sun visor? I really need to know how it's done..
Old 04-16-2010, 05:00 PM
Trial User

I think I can help. My driver's side visor inexplicably fell out the other day and I had to re-install it. I didn't take photos, so I'll have to explain.

The metal frame has two openings in close proximity for the visor mounting. One is triangular and the other is a hole.

The teardrop portion of the visor has a post which fits into the above mentioned hole. The visor arm is attached to a piece which has three plastic lugs.

There is an opening visible in the last photo from the OP. I used a flat tip screwdriver and pressed IN on the tab inside the opening. This "dis-connects" the two pieces and allows the teardrop portion and the triangular lugs to move separately.

So, to install visor, press the tab, release the two portions, align the post with the hole and turn visor until three lugs line up with the points of the triangle. Push assembly flush with headliner and move visor back and forth until you hear a "click" and the two pieces are connected again. When I did it the click came when I moved the visor far forward (towards windshield). This position was approximately 45 degrees with respect to the line of the top of the windshield. I would imagine the dis-assembly is the opposite procedure.

Hopes this helps.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:11 PM
Trial User

here is another explanation: just push in the little slot and rotate the visor about 90 degrees (front to back), this releases the safe. Now go ahead and rotate the visor back and forth real quick, the visor retainers will find the position where they are free, and the visor will just drop.