Old 01-13-2006, 09:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

let's see them.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:53 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: (ZacCarter)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ZacCarter &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">let's see them.</TD></TR></TABLE>
It would be nice to see some of them, but if that was meant to be a challenge you should know that his people are not entirely unknown in the Honda-Asia world (Malaysia and Indonesia).
Old 01-13-2006, 01:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 37 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Re: Racing A FIT (Reid)

One word Reid.

Bandwagon. Once it gets popular (if it does, which I think it will, see the Scion Box looking thing) people will want to start racing them. Not necessarily right now, but sometime.
Old 01-13-2006, 01:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Racing A FIT (Aquafina)

You say that bandwagon thing like it's a bad thing. What about gutting an Insight and putting in a 300hp K20, is that bandwagon too, or is it just using your noodle?
Old 01-13-2006, 02:24 PM

it is a wagon
Old 01-13-2006, 02:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 37 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Re: Racing A FIT (DanW)

Insight cost compared to Fit..... exactly
Old 01-13-2006, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Racing A FIT (Aquafina)

How about a complete sentence. I can try to guess at what you're trying to get across, but I'd rather not.
Old 01-13-2006, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Just Drank A 5th of VODKA Dare me to drive, Ca, u.s.
Default Re: Racing A FIT (DanW)

Old 01-13-2006, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

drop a k24a1/3 in there (cheap). and you have a daily with a lil bit more *****.
Old 01-15-2006, 10:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Racing A FIT (George Knighton)

The Fit can f**k right off as far as I am concerned. Don't ******* replace the Civic with some other mini-van mini-car. The Civic did the job of everything well enough -- entry level, economic, and a great race car. Now, the Civic is a "big" car, and no hatchback is available. What the f**k is that?

Honda has completely destroyed the Civic legacy, in America, and especially in Japan. Here, the Civic only comes in five-door sedan mode. That's a far cry from all the EGs and EKs I see at the track. What a joke. What is Honda thinking? They already acknowledged that they fucked up the Civic, and they "promised" they would return it to it former glory. Well, I remember that glory including a hatchback, and I don't see any hatchback anywhere.

The Fit can f**k off. My message to Honda: continue where the EK left off. Ever since the Civic's beginning you have made it better and better. Then, you made the EP Civic and it has just been downhill. You are losing loyal followers. You used to speak to us, now we don't know who you are speaking to. Listen to this message, and maybe you can gain some integrity back. But I think you forgot that word too. Do you remember the Integra? Of course you don't. What the f**k is RSX?

Modified by Mitch Cumstein at 11:44 PM 1/15/2006
Old 01-16-2006, 11:05 AM

does anyone know what engine that it?, its probably the 1.5 sohc, but im not sure.

Old 01-16-2006, 06:02 PM

L15. As a performance and tuning workshop in my country, the Jazz has already taken away many civic owners into buying a Jazz.Lots of aftermarket support and a bigger market now than civics, this is the replacement civic.But for the hardcore racing fans, this car is sissy..
Old 01-16-2006, 06:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes it is a L series motor, made for nothing else other than economy the bore spacing is off square and not ment for any high power, anything over 6200 rpm and it will nuke itself. There are 1.3, 1.4, and 1.5l versions of this motor.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Is it just me, or is this car like a CRX? Roughly the same power, size, weight.....but more seats, better interior and radio. Hell, better gas mileage too. I bet the insurance will be a whole lot better as well.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

this car is pretty sweet, if anyone is into BMI videos, they show the spoon fit in the vtec club dvd.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Racing A FIT (E-Money)

I'm sorry you guys, but I really think the fit is a piece of sh*t.

First, it's a minivan. Even more so than the EP.

Second, rear torsion beam???? Are you serious? Maybe if you were racing in the 70's and 80's you'd be up speed...

Like said above, Spoon is only showing this car off for marketing. Honda has designed several other cars that FIT the RACING profile MUCH better. The only thing this ugly Scion twin is doing is taking from the growing Scion crowd. Which is, simply put, the icy hot stunna crowd that's into 'customizing' their pimped out ride. Sure you can race it, but it turns you into just another "boy racer" who's living in their own dream world of 2Fast 2Furious. It looks like America is following the European "boy racer" trend, of souping up their econobox (which litterally looks boxy) POS to pathetically try to add some color to an otherwise grey world of 100hp grocery getters. It's a joke.

However, IF the FIT starts setting some records in U.S. held racing events, then I will gladly stand corrected. Until then, you should know that the FIT was only designed to drive comfortably to the nearest WalMart, while pumping out your mad rhymes of self-expressing low rida style.

Modified by MrTodd at 6:09 PM 1/18/2006
Old 01-18-2006, 11:53 AM

Default Re: Racing A FIT (MrTodd)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MrTodd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm sorry you guys, but I really think the fit is a piece of sh*t.

First, it's a minivan. Even more so than the EP.

Second, rear torsion beam???? Are you serious? Maybe if you were racing in the 70's and 80's you'd be up speed...

Like said above, Spoon is only showing this car off for marketing. Honda has designed several other cars that FIT the RACING profile MUCH better. The only thing this ugly Scion twin is doing is taking from the growing Scion crowd. Which is, simply put, the icy hot stunna crowd that's into 'customizing' their pimped out ride. Sure you can race it, but it turns you into just another "boy racer" who's living in their own dream world of 2Fast 2Furious. It looks like America is following the European "boy racer" trend, of souping up their econobox (which litterally looks boxy) POS to pathetically try and and some color to an otherwise grey world of 100hp grocery getters. It's a joke.

However, IF the FIT starts setting some records in U.S. held racing events, then I will gladly stand corrected. Until then, you should know that the FIT was only designed to drive comfortably to the nearest WalMart, while pumping out your mad rhymes of self-expressing low rida style.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I see where your comming from. I agree with you that racing a Fit would not be good unless your hardcore and drop a K20 or a K24. The styling is all about preference. Some poeple hate it some people like it. personaly I like it. However, there is no doubt in my mind that some one is going to buy one and pull up next to a S2K or RSX and think they can take them. Like you said it is a grocery getter and an econo car anyone who buys it because of performance will be sadly disappointed and mistaken.
Old 01-18-2006, 12:01 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MrTodd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Second, rear torsion beam???? Are you serious? Maybe if you were racing in the 70's and 80's you'd be up speed...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Or in 2006 Formula 1 racing.
Old 01-18-2006, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MrTodd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

apparently, the spoon fit runs overall track times similar to a stock NSX, so that has to count for something.
Old 01-18-2006, 12:45 PM

Default Re: Racing A FIT (Chris_)

well if i have to end up selling my CRX the Fit will be taking it's place... somewhat... just untill i can get another EF
Old 01-18-2006, 02:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Racing A FIT (Chris_)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Chris_ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">apparently, the spoon fit runs overall track times similar to a stock NSX, so that has to count for something.</TD></TR></TABLE>

But take similar modifications to an NSX, RSX, S2000, or even a 5g Civic and I'm pretty sure you'd get even better times than the Spoon FIT.... But still, I am only speculating. So I can't really back any of that up.

It just seems to me that the FIT wasn't designed for racing when compared to Honda's other line of cars. For example, I feel it is worthwhile to dump money into my EH2 mostly for one reason: The suspension geometry is nearly identicle to the 'Teg, but weighing in at 300-400 lbs less. Also, the fact that a modded '92 Civic CX took 3rd place in the SCCA Solo2 nationals SM category definitely gives off the impression that my hatch has some potential....

I guess I'm really only trying to ask a question. What real-world advantage does the FIT have over any other Honda, in terms of racing?

The ONLY reason I can see someone buying the FIT is because it matches their own perception of 'style.'

I apologize if I offended anyone, I admit that my above post came on a little strong - which is really lame on my part. I realize that there is no argument at hand, I just feel like using the FIT as a racing platform is kind of pointless, when there are other, better-suited cars to choose from.

Old 01-18-2006, 03:46 PM

Totally agree with you. If you want to race seriously you might as well get a EF because it will probably be cheaper and a better track car. personally im getting a Fit cause i like the look and it's spacious. whether i take it to the track... well maybe but not ot be competitive just to have fun.
Old 01-18-2006, 04:47 PM

Default Re: Racing A FIT (helmetDA)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by helmetDA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Totally agree with you. If you want to race seriously you might as well get a EF because it will probably be cheaper and a better track car. personally im getting a Fit cause i like the look and it's spacious. whether i take it to the track... well maybe but not ot be competitive just to have fun.</TD></TR></TABLE>exactally, i'm really trying to keep my CRX just becasue it is so much fun around the road course. I just need something thats more reliable, isn't too expensive, gets good gas mileage, can actually haul more then 1 person and my back pack... and isnt too much larger the the crx
Old 01-18-2006, 08:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Racing A FIT (john d)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by john d &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 01-19-2006, 11:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MrTodd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">But take similar modifications to an NSX, RSX, S2000, or even a 5g Civic and I'm pretty sure you'd get even better times than the Spoon FIT.... </TD></TR></TABLE>

and take those same mods and apply them to a Porsche 997 GT3 cup car and .... yeah you see where this is going? The argument is kinda stupid. Racing is done between similar cars that put down similar lap times.

The whole point of manufacturers putting money and tmie into racing is to do one thing. Sell cars that people will drive on the street. It's the same from NASCAR to F1. Does Ford think that people are going to buy a 4-door sedan and take it to the oval track to race? No, but they want to win on Sunday in a car that sorta looks like what they're selling and has the same name on it. Why would Honda spend hundreds of millions each year on an F1 car? It's advertising. That's what the Spoon Fit is, an advert.

Oh and our Civics are econoboxes made for driving on the streets and getting good gas mileage. Like it or not, that's what we have. Racing them is an afterthought.

Quick Reply: Racing A FIT