Honda Fit Honda Fit (Jazz)

Press Release (Introduction of Fit)

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (error)

Okay, unfair comparison.

Do the cars above have as much space as a fit? Or 6 airbags?

The fit are MUCH safer than those above, and still the same weight as a mini with more space.

Lets compare apples to apples guys.
Old 01-17-2006, 12:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (carbnjunkie)

For real. With all these damn ginormous SUVs and trucks on the road, its great that the Fit has the safety features and the weight that comes with it.
Old 01-17-2006, 12:21 PM
el diablo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

for Fit
Old 01-17-2006, 03:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Press Release (George Knighton)

dang.
Old 01-17-2006, 04:44 PM
el diablo

Default Re: (Senses Trial Loser y0!)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Senses Trial Loser y0! &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
if you can even fit in it </TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Restricted Trial User </TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 01-17-2006, 06:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by carbnjunkie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Okay, unfair comparison.

The fit are MUCH safer than those above, and still the same weight as a mini with more space.

Lets compare apples to apples guys.</TD></TR></TABLE>

youre right. put me down for 3 pink one's! i can go cruise west hollywood and get groceries at the same time. and the added saftey is a SUPER FABULOUS bonus, yaaaay!
Old 01-17-2006, 07:20 PM

you know it's *** clowns like you that make honda-tech a shitty place... if you don't like it... don't buy it

Mad props to Honda of America for finally bringing the Fit over here ... going to work tomarrow to put a deposit down on one hopefully
Old 01-17-2006, 09:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (onePOINTsix)

Im going to actually wait, until I find out what color I want and what version I want.

How much is the deposit anyways? like 500 bucks?
Old 01-18-2006, 09:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (onePOINTsix)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by onePOINTsix &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you know it's *** clowns like you that make honda-tech a shitty place... if you don't like it... don't buy it

Mad props to Honda of America for finally bringing the Fit over here ... going to work tomarrow to put a deposit down on one hopefully </TD></TR></TABLE>

just hop right on that ban-wagon buddy! who ever said i WAS going to buy it, dipshit? mad props to honda of america? for bringing over a FIT!?!?!?!? i think they could step their game up a little. thats like japan giving ford props for bringing over a focus. cant believe people are running out of the house to buy one of thses things. honda will then see a demand for wack *** metro sexual 5 door vehicles and its down hill from there. who am i kidding, its already happening. maybe you can tell me what sold you on this vehicle? the style? the interior space? the saftey? the extra weight? the extra doors? volvos and minivans have been here for a while now you know. so have scions. now flame me because i hurt your feelings and made fun of your car. go ahead, you know you want too.. the first fit driver i see, i will broad side him, then pull him out of the car by his pink t-shirt(he is still alive because of the added saftey features), slam the door on his head multiple times, then take a **** on his battered face. j/k i would never do that! i dont know what got into me..... okey im good
Old 01-18-2006, 09:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Error, I love EGs and other light hondas too. But this wasnt supposed to be that kind of car. It was do everything car, that is still a blast to drive, and cheap to own/maintain.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:56 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by error &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> mad props to honda of america? for bringing over a FIT!?!?!?!? i think they could step their game up a little.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

They did, by recognizing that the Civic has moved far enough up-market (in size and price) that there is room for a compact wagon below it.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
thats like japan giving ford props for bringing over a focus. cant believe people are running out of the house to buy one of thses things. honda will then see a demand
for wack *** metro sexual 5 door vehicles and its down hill from there. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, it's a terrible thing that people like little station wagons. Would you rather see highways full of SUVs?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
the style?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Inoffensive. Certainly no worse than the current Civics.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> the interior space?
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Exceptional, given the exterior dimensions.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> the saftey?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Should be good, will definitely be an increase in standard safety eq. over my current vehicles.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> the extra weight?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Only 100lbs heavier than a 1990 Civic Wagon...not bad given the 15 years worth of safety advances and the additional standard equipment (like a stereo!).

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> the extra doors?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Small wagons are handy.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">volvos and minivans have been here for a while now you know. so have scions. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Too big, too heavy, too expensive. And I'd rather buy a Honda over a Scion/Toyota.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by carbnjunkie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Error, I love EGs and other light hondas too. But this wasnt supposed to be that kind of car. It was do everything car, that is still a blast to drive, and cheap to own/maintain. </TD></TR></TABLE>

cool, i can respect that. i miss those cars though. i grew up with them, and consider myself priveleged to own them. as for the fit, maybe it will grow on me. the cool thing was to have a little honda 4 cyl. and blow the doors off of v8's. with hondas getting beigger and bigger, that will soon be history. lets see what happens. im still honda 4 life.
Old 01-18-2006, 11:13 AM

Default Re: (papichat)

I work at a honda dealership(i just started) every Honda dealership will have at least one Fit on April 20th for the hard release. It has a million airbags like the rest of the 2006 Hondas minus the Element. "Safety for Everyone". The Fit is the new entry level.. obviously since they have made the civic a lot nicer for 2006.
Old 01-18-2006, 11:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (lilhondagirl)

lil honda girl, how much would a deposit be for one? Could I walk into a dealership, and put a refundable deposit on one? (even if I dont know which color/version I want yet?)
Old 01-18-2006, 12:57 PM

Default Re: (

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by carbnjunkie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lil honda girl, how much would a deposit be for one? Could I walk into a dealership, and put a refundable deposit on one? (even if I dont know which color/version I want yet?)</TD></TR></TABLE>

Deposit is usually a substantial amount... 300 sounds reasonable but I don't think you can put a deposit down yet. They come out April 20th.. every dealership will have one that day. If not more than 1. They aren't going to be hard to get at all so don't worry about it.. they are plentiful.
Old 01-18-2006, 01:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Press Release (George Knighton)

Looks like the Suzuki Aerio SX . I haven't actually seen either of these cars close up but I willing to bet that the FIT is of higher quality
Old 01-18-2006, 02:46 PM
el diablo

Default Re: (Senses Trial Loser y0!)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Senses Trial Loser y0! &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Seahawks&gt;Panthers</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ive got money riding on the Panthers...they wont lose.

Btw: your sign up date dont mean ****, n00bie
Old 01-18-2006, 05:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (.Richard)

january of '04 my rental car was a suzuki aerio awd hatch...
awd was sweet...but it would be nice to turn off...
had a 2.0l motor...
the stereo sounded very hollow...probably because there was nothing in the body..
it was nearly as loud outside the car with all the windows closed...

i'd rather own a fit just from anticipation for 4 or so years...
and obviously the quality is there...more room...
unfortuneately the 50mpg L-series iDSI (dual-spark ignition) engines wont be introduced into america...
cuz hey...government doesn't want to lose control of its people thru oil now does it...???

but 3 cheers for the fit in america...
the economy L-series could still be swapped if you import one with ecu and LHD harness (germany / philipines)

Modified by digitalcongo at 3:42 PM 1/25/2006
Old 01-18-2006, 06:56 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by carbnjunkie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Okay, unfair comparison.

Lets compare apples to apples guys.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The fit sport is about 400lbs lighter than a cooper s, hard to believe, but sadly true. That was my main turnoff when I was looking into minis. Can't really compare the two cars, but then again, you can't compare the fit to a base model civic 2dr hatchback either. . .
Old 01-18-2006, 11:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

just a quick note here...
after watchin the bmi: VTEC Club video, ichishima was talkin about the framing about the fit, and brought a frame to explain it better. it shows that the fit actually has a extra layer of sheet metal which makes a 3 dimensional monocoque main frame which is stitched weld under the car to make it bottom heavy to make it more rigid. that just adds even more weight along with it.

"it lacks power but its a great track car"
-tsuchiya
Old 01-19-2006, 09:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Red Balut)

Can anyone host or know a link to that BMI vid?
Old 01-19-2006, 11:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

http://www.bestmotoringvideo.com/
then go to the dvd titles, and look for BMI Special Edition: VTEC Club
Old 01-19-2006, 11:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Red Balut)

yah legal way is cool too, haha
Old 01-19-2006, 12:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol hmm try bit torrent? i use netflix to get all my BMI vids tho.
Old 01-19-2006, 02:08 PM

Default Re: (papichat)

This not looking good for Scion, oh well Lifes tuff get a helmet

Quick Reply: Press Release (Introduction of Fit)