Hey guys found an interesting article on the new Fit said to debut in mid 2007
http://paultan.org/archives/20...jazz/
Comments?
Personally I like the style of the current ones
Old 04-30-2007, 08:35 PM
eL
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wish that ugly thing would be sold. It would just make me love my Fit that much more
Old 04-30-2007, 09:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (eL)

I wonder what engine it's going to have though.
And it seemed weird that the Fit is already being changed after 2 years in the market in the USA but did some research and turns out that Fits are pretty old and were sold starting like 2002 in other countries. The USA lags on a lot of things but at least we have the better engine but what sucks is that we don't get the option of having AWD.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:19 PM
eL
Honda-Tech Member

I'm pretty sure the 08 Fit will look the same as the 07. Who changes a car's design after one model year?
Old 04-30-2007, 09:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the fits been around since like 2001
thats hardly one model year

Old 04-30-2007, 09:46 PM
eL
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (eeeKs)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eeeKs &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the fits been around since like 2001
thats hardly one model year

</TD></TR></TABLE>

In America.

Does it make any sense to bring out a FRESH model [in NA] and change it one year later? Nope.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if they're gonna make a new fit for japan, im sure they'll introduce it to NA as well, since its selling well. for the rest of the world to get the new fit and NA to use an older generation would be stupid.
so, Yes, kinda makes sense.

Old 04-30-2007, 09:53 PM
eL
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eeeKs &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if they're gonna make a new fit for japan, im sure they'll introduce it to NA as well, since its selling well. for the rest of the world to get the new fit and NA to use an older generation would be stupid.
so, Yes, kinda makes sense.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

If Japan makes a new one, we'll probably just wind up getting it later, but HIGHLY doubt the '08 will look much different than it does now.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You're not wrong about that one mate
i read that they're gonna maintain the current look... central fuel tank and seats..
changing the lights up front and the grille
wait ill look for a pic

Old 04-30-2007, 09:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/n....html

Honda Jazz
Next Jazz taking shape
Does the all-new Honda Jazz hit the right notes?
By Peter Lyon

30th April 2007
Honda Jazz
Our picture shows how narrow headlamps will bring Honda up to date

Here's your chance to decide, as we reveal the look of the revamped supermini, which designers at the firm are currently putting the finishing touches to.

Honda is keen not to make too many changes to the big seller, so the new car is immediately recognisable as a Jazz. The smooth profile is given a wider and lower grille to improve pedestrian protection, while the narrower headlamps retain their characteristic diamond shape.

Although the new five-door will be the same height as the current model, it will be 50mm longer and 20mm wider to provide class-leading space. The Jazz already sets the standard for interior room, while the tradeÂ*mark vertical tailgate and flat roofline mean the newcomer will be able to offer a 400-litre boot. The outgoing car's novel packaging - with its central fuel tank layout - is carried over, so the clever seat mechÂ*anism will remain. Higher-quality trim and a fresh dash improve the feelgood factor.

Under the bonnet, a small-capacity diesel will be available for the first time, alongside a pair of petrol engines. Japanese cars will get 1.3 and 1.5-litre units, but it's yet to be confirmed whether these will replace the existing 1.2 and 1.4-litre motors here.

We've already spotted engineers working on Jazz prototypes in the UK (Issue 942), to improve the ride. The car debuts at October's Tokyo Motor Show, and is on sale next year.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:01 PM
eL
Honda-Tech Member

Another thing we need to remember is that the JDM/Asian/European Fits all look different from the USDM ones, obviously.

Who knows what the new NA Fit will look like whenever Honda does in fact release it.

Are there any links/articles talking about a new design for the NA market?

P.S. That Fit up there looks like crap.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:48 PM

The main difference in looks that I read about was just the front bumper.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (handicapable)

yea those pics of those fits make me love my fit a hell of a lot more!
Old 05-01-2007, 04:49 AM

To EL

IF the FIT was completely changing it chasis which was the rumor for awhile that look false now. Then Honda would have also released the new chassis here. For example

When the integera (DC2) changed to the integera (DC5) we got it at the same time just calling ours the rsx. Again when the RSX (dc5) got a face lift in 2005 we again got the same face lift here. Now the civic chassis changed in 2006 in Japan. Again we got the chassis change also. When the crx got a change in 1999 we also got the change. again in 1996 the Del Sol got a face lift in Japan. We also got the change here. We have gotten every civic chassis change at the same time in Japan. The only cars that we lagged on was the S2000 was released in 1999 in Japan and in 2000 here. Honda holds back the type R in every model except the dc2 from 1999-2001.

Will we get the face lift? . If the FIT were made in the USA then I would say the face lift might lagg 1 year but all NA Fits are made in Japan along side their JDM counter parts so it makes perfect sense that the change would hit us.

So I hope this has enlightened you on how Honda works since you seem to lack the basic understanding on Honda.

Hondas I have owned

79 accord
98 civic
97 del sol
2002 rsx
2004 rsx
2006 civic hybrid
2007 fit
Old 05-01-2007, 06:57 AM
eL
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (rekcah)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rekcah &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">To EL

IF the FIT was completely changing it chasis which was the rumor for awhile that look false now. Then Honda would have also released the new chassis here. For example

When the integera (DC2) changed to the integera (DC5) we got it at the same time just calling ours the rsx. Again when the RSX (dc5) got a face lift in 2005 we again got the same face lift here. Now the civic chassis changed in 2006 in Japan. Again we got the chassis change also. When the crx got a change in 1999 we also got the change. again in 1996 the Del Sol got a face lift in Japan. We also got the change here. We have gotten every civic chassis change at the same time in Japan. The only cars that we lagged on was the S2000 was released in 1999 in Japan and in 2000 here. Honda holds back the type R in every model except the dc2 from 1999-2001.

Will we get the face lift? . If the FIT were made in the USA then I would say the face lift might lagg 1 year but all NA Fits are made in Japan along side their JDM counter parts so it makes perfect sense that the change would hit us.

So I hope this has enlightened you on how Honda works since you seem to lack the basic understanding on Honda.

Hondas I have owned

79 accord
98 civic
97 del sol
2002 rsx
2004 rsx
2006 civic hybrid
2007 fit</TD></TR></TABLE>

You typed all that to try to prove me wrong somehow but I still say the 08 model will look just like the 07. That was my point... if you don't think so, good for you.

I'm definitely not here to start a flame war but you're wrong about this:

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rekcah &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Honda holds back the type R in every model except the dc2 from 1999-2001.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 05-01-2007, 08:17 AM

Very nice car.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You typed all that to try to prove me wrong somehow but I still say the 08 model will look just like the 07. That was my point... if you don't think so, good for you.

I'm definitely not here to start a flame war but you're wrong about this:

</TD></TR></TABLE>

just talked to my friend who is a car salesman at honda, and he said the fit for 2008 is going to be the same ordeal
Old 05-01-2007, 03:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eeeKs &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/n....html

</TD></TR></TABLE>

clearly a fake/photoshopped image.