Notices
Honda Fit Honda Fit (Jazz)

kswap in az? 2010 honda fit

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 11:44 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kswap in az? 2010 honda fit

New to Arizona and dont know any tuners or shops to trust. I have been away from the honda game for 10 years since selling my 2000 civic si with b18b bottom end and type r head. Fast forward five years and I buy a 2010 honda fit sport 5spd brand new after having a baby and i love it. Great gas milage, great space, great reliability. The car is getting older and i am approaching 130,000 miles on this daily driver. I was looking at selling it to get something newer and more powerful. Car shopping brought me back to days of tuning on the old b series and has brought me to the idea of swapping a k24 into the fit as a daily driver.
I had some questions maybe some people can answer that i couldnt find via search.
*Of the mounts made are any soft enough to really be a daily driver?
I had polyurethane mounts in my SI for a short time before i had to go back to stock rubber because i did not like the rattle.
*Can the stock ecu be used?
I plan on no engine modifications and want to keep the motor as close to stock and reliable as possible. I know Kpro is used for tunes on most swaps but most people didnt seem to intend to keep the motor stock.
* does the vehicle need to be cut any more?
On early k series swaps i saw some people cutting parts of the unibody for space but couldnt find solid information that this is still how its done or better mounts make it so no cutting is needed.
* does the heat still work?
I live in ever lasting winter here in flagstaff az. no need for ac but the heat is a must.

Getting away from car modifications and then trying to get back into it 10 years down the raod when everything has changed is challenging.
this started with me seeing if i could swap over the motor and drive train from the rdx awd turbo and stock reliability was appealing but not realistic but this k series is something i can afford to do.
Old 02-01-2016, 06:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: kswap in az? 2010 honda fit

We have the biggest mounts manufacturer, Hasport. TSR, boost junkyz, RC's garage and locash.

Pretty much the only people I would trust.
Old 06-29-2016, 09:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: kswap in az? 2010 honda fit

funny
I'm in the same boat- coming back to honda's since 2005. I'm in AZ too and have been researching a k20 into a GE8. Simply put, there is no solid support out there. No manufacturer makes a mount kit for this application, nor the rest of the required stuff.

I've heard the CRZ mounts are very close and can be modified to work, but I have not seen a single write-up, parts list, or even pics that help. I'm sure a shop familiar with k20 swaps could make this work, but it would require a lot of $.

I'm surprised how little support there is for the GE8 considering HPD uses this chassis for their spec B. I just got a 2013 and it reminds me of my old EG. A k20 would be a blast.