Notices
Honda Fit Honda Fit (Jazz)

Just bought a fit, literally, and I have a few questions.

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 08:20 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought a fit, literally, and I have a few questions.

On my way home, I noticed my Fit lacked floormats.. WTF? lol..

Where is a good place to get nice floor mats? I don't trust that ebay crap, you never know what you're gonna get.

As far as the headlights go,

I'm not used to having "normal" headlights... What are a good set of bulbs to put in that won't exceed the car's wattage.. I don't want to burn up a harness and screw up my warranty, but I want something brighter, and bluer. Not really interested in an HID conversion, just a nice set of bulbs.

And for my ipod use...

Where is the AUX port??

That'll be all for now!
Old 08-10-2007, 08:26 PM
Banned

Default Re: Just bought a fit, literally, and I have a few questions. (solbrothers)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by solbrothers &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

as far as headlights go, idk. i like them how they are. much better than my old car (fox mustang )
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, i traded in my 07 Miata.. and it had bright blue headlights. I noticed when I'm driving at night, the road ahead seems a lot darker.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:29 AM

I got the all weather mats for $80 online, don't remember what site specifically, I just googled it and chose the cheapest one.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:06 AM
New User

Default Re: Just bought a fit, literally, and I have a few questions. (LSVTEC 91 Civic)

http://www.handaaccessories.com/honda.html $70 for carpet or $80 for all weather floor mats.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Re: Just bought a fit, literally, and I have a few questions. (solbrothers)

yeah stick with stock bulbs, any of those coated bulbs will put out less light because of that coating, they will only look bluer. do an hid conversion or upgrade the wattage a bit on the bulbs to high beam bulb.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'd get the all-season mats from Honda. The carpet mats always get so dirty quick. With the all-seasons, just spray it off with a garden hose, and you're good to go.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Just bought a fit, literally, and I have a few questions. (LSVTEC 91 Civic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LSVTEC 91 Civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">On my way home, I noticed my Fit lacked floormats.. WTF? lol..

Where is a good place to get nice floor mats? I don't trust that ebay crap, you never know what you're gonna get.

As far as the headlights go,

I'm not used to having "normal" headlights... What are a good set of bulbs to put in that won't exceed the car's wattage.. I don't want to burn up a harness and screw up my warranty, but I want something brighter, and bluer. Not really interested in an HID conversion, just a nice set of bulbs.

And for my ipod use...

Where is the AUX port??

That'll be all for now! </TD></TR></TABLE>

You should have thought about this before you bought it. OR you should have asked the salesman.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Just bought a fit, literally, and I have a few questions. (inlineaddict)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by inlineaddict &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You should have thought about this before you bought it. OR you should have asked the salesman.</TD></TR></TABLE>

1up.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:30 AM
Banned

Default Re: Just bought a fit, literally, and I have a few questions. (inlineaddict)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by inlineaddict &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You should have thought about this before you bought it. OR you should have asked the salesman.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Your smart-assery is uncalled for.

Old 08-15-2007, 06:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LSVTEC 91 Civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Your smart-assery is uncalled for.

</TD></TR></TABLE>
aaaahhhh! my head is hurting.
not trying to be a smart ***, but why not do some research on the car your looking into.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:23 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LSVTEC 91 Civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Well, i traded in my 07 Miata.. and it had bright blue headlights. I noticed when I'm driving at night, the road ahead seems a lot darker. </TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by solbrothers &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

hmm.. well, idk about headlights, but every thread ive seen about the fit headlights, has been about HID's. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I actually had 2 Fits (both Sport, but 1 auto and 1 manual) and did bright white bulbs on one and HID on the other. With the bright white, it doesn't do that well at night since the beam is so dispersed that the light only reaches about 5-8 feet in front. If you're not planning on HID's, maybe stick with ur stock bulbs... but The HID's are sooooo much better and it took me less than an hour to install. (take off bumper, take off headlights, tie down the power supply, plug in bulbs and put the g-damn thing back together) And I've never actually worked on cars much... I'm more a pc techie... hehehe...

On another note, if you do get HID's, u might want to consider that ur high beam might be lost. There are 2 (that I know of) different sets of H4's (HB2 it said, but I put in H4), one that has a tiny bulb that acts as a high beam, and the other type with a sliding tube on the xenon bulb which slides forward and back for high beam and low beam.

If you get the dual bulb, you will probably have to pull out the fuse for the daytime running lights because that tiny 2nd bulb was not built to sustain 2 different wattages. Also, the high beam is most likely going to be weaker than your low beam since only the low beam will be HID.

As for the second option of the sliding tube on the bulb, I haven't tried that yet so not sure about the details but I'm pretty sure you would have to lose your daytime running lights as well.

Bright White lights look bright up close, but once you get a bit farther out, fades away

The HID's shot way farther out~

These images might do a little more justice.

Modified by arsim at 5:35 PM 8/16/2007

Modified by arsim at 5:49 PM 8/16/2007