Notices
Honda Fit Honda Fit (Jazz)

Honda Fit Turbo or Supercharger?????

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 04:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (Ethan2000ls)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ethan2000ls &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">K20A2 swap </TD></TR></TABLE>
If you've done it then let's see it, otherwise you're in the wrong thread.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Honda Fit Turbo or Supercharger????? (JDMchris.com)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMchris.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

itty bitty 5lb kit
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yo JDMchris!! I'm looking deeply into purchasing the JR 5lb SC Kit for Christmas and I see something curious about your dynograph there.

Does it really produce that much LESS power in the lower portions of the power band? Or is there something wrong with the graph? Look at how the Turbo dyno from AJ-Racing boosts power in the entire powerband, your dyno almost looks like it doesn't produce more power than stock until after 5k. Please tell me I'm wrong!!

EDIT: Uh, yeah I'm not deleting what I just wrote, goes to show tha late hours and a little drunkedness can lead to a little bit of confusion, I see how the graph is laid out now. Nevermind!
Old 08-20-2007, 01:22 PM

I am also a rotrex s/c owner of course not on the fit. But this system is truely amazing the peformance of the kit is a must see. But I am curious on what model JR is using on the fit are they just using the c15? or c30? in any case depending on which s/c of the rotrex line jr used there are plenty of upgrades just like some stage 1-3 turbo kits. Of course seeing that nobody knows what JR is thinking you can really predict what they will do. you can alway upgrade the s/c unit to a bigger blower and spin the ***** out of it. If the L engine was built it might even be cool to see a c30-94 (thats the charger i use in my k-series) put on the fit engine.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i think it is the C15, its a little baby one lol. anywho, I want to upgrade already lol.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:21 PM
eL
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Honda Fit Turbo or Supercharger????? (solbrothers)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by solbrothers &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">fit and performance shouldn't be in the same sentence.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I guess the same could be said about all Hondas.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by solbrothers &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">fit and performance shouldn't be in the same sentence.

fit and gas mileage on the other hand </TD></TR></TABLE>

how about all 3? My fit outhandles my modded S2K, is decently quick and i still avg 38+mpg
Old 08-20-2007, 08:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If you ask me, the Fit will NEVER be a straight line, street racing monster. Where the Fit is VERY MUCH AT HOME AT performance-wise is in the twisties.

Just mildly mod your fit with some good stiff springs like Skunk2's or Tanabe GF210's, good brake pads, fluids and lines, a lightweight 15" wheel combo with some R Compound tires and its evident that the Fit's chassi is very much at home on a road course.

All I'm doing to mine is suspension, brake and drivetrain tuning. Not wasting my time with exhaust or intake or any of the normal bolt-ons and saving for the 5lp JR-SC kit when I'm good and ready and I can't get my lap times any faster with driving skill.

And trust me you can REALLY enjoy and polish your road racing skills in such a stable, manageble and predictable, yet SLOW platform. Keeps you far away from mistakes and keeps you more concentrated on learning how to road race. Once you got it down and feel like you've reached the limit, then and only then is it time for some extra juice and really make those lap times fall like flies.

ROAD RACING FTMFW!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUryxxN0KQI
Old 08-20-2007, 08:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^^The beauty of a low boost setup on these cars is that the small ammount of boost in power to the ground makes for a very noticeable improvement on these light cars. Does the JR-SC kit or AJ-Racing make this car FAST? NO!! But they definitely make them a lot more fun to drive. And yet, with proper right foot discipline, they keep their great mileage!

At the track its a different story. A Fit with proper suspension and chassi mods with 50 more hp to put on the ground is a BLAST!!! And with that kind of power the Fit can be in times comparable to slightly modded S2KS and M3s at least at the track I visit witch only has one long straight, and its not even a full quarter mile long straight at that. On a faster track it would probably be another story.

At this track there is a particular CRX with a B18/B16 frankie and 190hp to the ground that spanks EVO's and STI's like nobodies business. That specific CRX though is fully gutted, but its a daily driven track queen. Still not enough to keep up with the more heavily modded EVO's and STI's but its only about 4 seconds slower than those guys.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by solbrothers &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

. what i meant was the whole "i want a swapped and/or boosted fit as a DD.

the fit was made to get MPG. if you want a k20'd car, buy a new SI or rsx. IMO.

i have a stock fit (engine wise) and love it JUST the way it is.

&lt;--- had a swapped honda and a 5.0 mustang.</TD></TR></TABLE>

What if I dont like the Si or RSX, Plus my boosted fit still gets better MPG than those. Altho you love your fit stock I bet youd love it more if it was boosted/swapped.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:40 AM

Default Re: Honda Fit Turbo or Supercharger????? (JDMchris.com)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMchris.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

What if I dont like the Si or RSX, Plus my boosted fit still gets better MPG than those. Altho you love your fit stock I bet youd love it more if it was boosted/swapped. </TD></TR></TABLE> x2
Old 10-25-2007, 04:44 AM

Default Re: Honda Fit Turbo or Supercharger????? (SuzukaBlueAP2)

JDMchris.com,hw much u pay for yr JR supercharger?i been looking for a turbo kit or supercharger for my honda city
Old 10-25-2007, 08:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I cant say. But retail will be about $3500. Kit will be released in December, and final pricing and numbers will be released after SEMA. I just got the Updated JRSC on my car... and it is even better! made more power at the same boost!!!! The new kit is awesome!

F- Kseries
Old 10-26-2007, 11:25 PM

Default Re: (JDMchris.com)

ok,thanks alot but is there any problem to install in on a right hand drive fit aria?mine is a right hand drive car...

Modified by ah_guang at 3:29 AM 10/29/2007
Old 10-30-2007, 02:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ah_guang)

why pay so much more for 10PSI when its just simply a pulley exchange
Old 10-31-2007, 08:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (snowboarderguy44)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by snowboarderguy44 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why pay so much more for 10PSI when its just simply a pulley exchange</TD></TR></TABLE>

you can buy just the pulley itself and put it on.... but good luck changing the electronics so you can run the 10psi correctly. motor

5 and 10psi will have different electronics.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:37 PM

Default Re: Honda Fit Turbo or Supercharger????? (SuzukaBlueAP2)

I'm a little late on replying but you're either completely lying or you're amazing for haggling a Fit deal for 11k out the door. That means you paid something like 9k plus tax and license.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SuzukaBlueAP2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well, you are correct, returns are much less when you add bolt-ons, to almost any car let alone the Fit. But, just because the MSRP of something is $xx doesn't mean you pay that. MSRP on the base is a touch over $13k, and I walked out of my dealership paying only $11k for one. And the MSRP on my S2k was almost $33k, but again, I only paid $28. It's really a moot point because everyone's ability to work with a dealership is different.

None-the-less, I think that a lot of Fit owners, enthusiasts or not, will be eager to sink $3-5k more into the car for a bit more power. That is one of it's biggest weaknesses. And it's not different than any Civic, Integra, Accord owner out there that has done the same thing.

I'm not trying to make it look like a personal argument against you, it's just that time and time again all over these forums there is always someone saying "what's with point?". The point is that's what we want to do; so we do it.

(as far as my Porsche comment is concerned, I have yet to see one in person, aside from a GT2 or Carerra GT that is the least bit impressive). That's where I was coming from on that.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 11-02-2007, 09:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

even with the kit, i was doing some 1/4 mile caluclators on google. going by some other references like mazdaspeed 3 which is 263 fly hp and about 2400 comes out to 14.2 ish

accord 7th gen 2300 lbs at 160 fly hp 16 something time

and the fit at 2400 at 140 whp still is in the 15 second range.

so straight line its stil pretty slow with a tubro kit. but at 2400 lbs you will be able to out brake the heavier cars and catch up on road courses.

but the straight line speed is still lacking with a turbo kit.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (hondatech2000)

The Mazdaspeed 3 and 7th Gen Accord are both over 3000 lbs.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:38 PM
eL
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: (hondatech2000)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondatech2000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">even with the kit, i was doing some 1/4 mile caluclators on google. going by some other references like mazdaspeed 3 which is 263 fly hp and about 2400 comes out to 14.2 ish

accord 7th gen 2300 lbs at 160 fly hp 16 something time

and the fit at 2400 at 140 whp still is in the 15 second range.

so straight line its stil pretty slow with a tubro kit. but at 2400 lbs you will be able to out brake the heavier cars and catch up on road courses.

but the straight line speed is still lacking with a turbo kit.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Where the HELL did you get your numbers?
Old 11-03-2007, 07:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the fit is with the jrsc durr
Old 11-04-2007, 07:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thats the turbo kit i want that ***** mad fresh .
Old 11-04-2007, 09:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Honda Fit Turbo or Supercharger????? (stumpyd2002)

My vote is for the supercharger! Im looking to get one for my sisters Fit and Im not a big fan of turbo kits...
Old 11-05-2007, 08:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Honda Fit Turbo or Supercharger????? (jdmda7)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmda7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My vote is for the supercharger! Im looking to get one for my sisters Fit and Im not a big fan of turbo kits... </TD></TR></TABLE>

And you will be glad you did, cause i Believe the SC is better than the other base Kits that will be out.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

&lt; Will be boosted by may