Notices
Honda Fit Honda Fit (Jazz)

Honda Fit Engine Swap

Old 10-06-2017, 02:20 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda Fit Engine Swap

I own a 2013 base model white Honda Fit (automatic trans). Bought new off the lot in July of 2014 with 32 miles from test drives. Almost 5 years later and only 31,xxx miles on her. Although, now that I have to drive 28 miles one way to my job and 28 miles back, 5 days a week, I'm going to start putting more miles on her than I'd like to. But it was bound to happen at some point.

When it comes to your first car, most people will sell their left kidney to make sure it stays running and in their possession as long as possible. I am one of those people, and this is my first car.

Now, I know my car has a while to go before even having to do it but I gotta know. Engine swap. Has anyone done it on their Fit for whatever reason? I'm pretty sure I've made up my mind as to what to do when my engine goes or gets more miles than I'd like. I'll probably swap out the engine for one that has less miles. I've seen perfect running engines for $700 with 9,000 miles on them. Figure maybe $900 to $1,000 maybe more after installing and such. If you've done an engine swap, did you swap the tranny as well? Also I'm dying to know, how many miles can you put on a Honda Fits original engine before serious work to it needs to be done? I hardly let my RPMs go over 4,500. Although, my boyfriend likes to see what my car can do and stomps the gas, but he hardly drives it. I'm as easy on my engine as possible. Does anyone also have any tips to doing simple things to increase the life of your engine? TIA!

Last edited by daisy_dukes13; 10-06-2017 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Not really a mods thread more engine swap thread
Old 10-07-2017, 10:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Honda Fit Engine Swap

The Fit will go easily 150,000 miles and more with proper maintenance. Worry about something else.
Old 10-09-2017, 06:29 AM
Trial User

Originally Posted by claymore
The Fit will go easily 150,000 miles and more with proper maintenance. Worry about something else.
That was a friendly thing to say to a new member. "Worry about something else". Ok well the whole reason I posted in the first place to asking questions on a motor swap as well as simple things beside normal maintenance to help engine life. I thought this site would be a lot friendlier to people and I'd actually get helpful comments on this thread. Boy I was wrong
Old 10-09-2017, 11:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well "special one" this is the real world not a "safe space' we can freely express our thoughts here. The next time you have an unreasonable fear of a Nonexistent problem we now have these magic places called search engines. With little effort you could YOURSELF query "High mileage fits" and you will find a bunch with 200,000 miles on them and a couple at 300,000 miles with few if any problems.

Or query "engine swaps in to a honda fit. You would be amazed at the thousands of answers you could peruse at your leisure and learn the answer to your question all by yourself. Nobody is going to spoon feed you anymore.
Old 10-10-2017, 04:35 AM
Trial User

Originally Posted by claymore
Well "special one" this is the real world not a "safe space' we can freely express our thoughts here. The next time you have an unreasonable fear of a Nonexistent problem we now have these magic places called search engines. With little effort you could YOURSELF query "High mileage fits" and you will find a bunch with 200,000 miles on them and a couple at 300,000 miles with few if any problems.

Or query "engine swaps in to a honda fit. You would be amazed at the thousands of answers you could peruse at your leisure and learn the answer to your question all by yourself. Nobody is going to spoon feed you anymore.
Thats funny, since I've been searching the web for answers and have found nothing. No need to comment and be a smart *** and not even answer any of my questions. Not looking to be spoon fed, I was looking for HELPFUL answers, not an ******* to waste me time. Next time, if you can't answer simple questions without commenting to just be a time wasting dick then dont even comment on my threads. Bye bye!
Old 10-10-2017, 07:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The fit (2009-2013) is literally the most reliable car honda has made in the last decade. Just keep up with the maintenance and it will go for a long *** time. Also, you'll probably be hard pressed to find much info on doing a basic engine exchange because it's already covered in the factory manual so kinda pointless for the average person to document the procedure. You'll honestly find more info on putting a K motor in a fit then just changing out a stock engine. And fitfreak.net is worth checking out, not much fit stuff on this site.