Notices
Honda Fit Honda Fit (Jazz)

Help! Is 90000 miles too much for 07 Honda Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 05:27 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Is 90000 miles too much for 07 Honda Fit?

Hello, we have a baby on the way and are thinking of getting a family car. Is 90000 miles on the Honda Fit too much? The car seems gorgeous but I am a bit worried about extra maintenance expenses. This is the car in question:

http://www.hondafrontenac.com/used/H...fc16c74c4a.htm

It's priced for $8995 ($9600 on KBB). Any suggestions would help. Thank you very much.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help! Is 90000 miles too much for 07 Honda Fit?

Originally Posted by stcardinals
Hello, we have a baby on the way and are thinking of getting a family car. Is 90000 miles on the Honda Fit too much? The car seems gorgeous but I am a bit worried about extra maintenance expenses. This is the car in question:

http://www.hondafrontenac.com/used/H...fc16c74c4a.htm

It's priced for $8995 ($9600 on KBB). Any suggestions would help. Thank you very much.
I wouldn't worry at all. I would talk them down in price though. 8k is about where it should sell. We bought ours brand new in 08 and now have 110k on it. The only thing we have had to do is is change the fluids (Engine and tranny), adjust the valves at 60k and recently had the driver door switch go bad. That's it! I am going to do the water pump and refill the coolant in it shortly.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:09 AM
Trial User

Originally Posted by SHG_Mike
I wouldn't worry at all. I would talk them down in price though. 8k is about where it should sell. We bought ours brand new in 08 and now have 110k on it. The only thing we have had to do is is change the fluids (Engine and tranny), adjust the valves at 60k and recently had the driver door switch go bad. That's it! I am going to do the water pump and refill the coolant in it shortly.
Thank you very much!!
Old 09-08-2012, 04:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not just with Honda's but all cars. It's the how well the car was maintained, not how many miles it was driven. Things wear out, if the owner keeps up on things they were replaced. 90k is nothing. Have them change the timing belt and water pump for you before purchase. Plugs as well.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

"O" no another person that doesn't know the Fit has a timing chain ^^^^^

ps. Pass the word
Old 09-12-2012, 12:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have an 08 with 158K on it and am just now changing the spark plugs. I tend to get 40-48 MPG, driving to mountains and highways. Consumer Reports rates the Fit as best in its class, ahead of the Toyota Yaris. Mine's been a trouble free workhorse. Good luck.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol, 90K miles is too many miles? ****, I'd call that a "low miles car" assuming everything is alright on the car. Just make sure the car is taken well care of and isn't burning oil. If it's burning oil at this age, then it was poorly taken care of.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Just reached 90k in my '07 Honda Fit. It's never given us any issues and I feel it will run for another 90k.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I bought mine with 128k on it, runs like a dream!
Old 11-23-2012, 06:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I had my 08 in storage for 3 years and it's just now at about 39K miles. I've only changed fluids and kept it clean and it has never given me an issue. I plan on keeping it to give to my 7 year old daughter as her first car.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i have an 07 fit. when i got it, it had 76k now i have 154k on it and it still running strong the only problem that i have encountered was miss firing which as a bad coil pack. rather than that it runs like a champ....
Old 04-21-2013, 11:55 AM
Trial User

No problem at all. 90kmi for a 7 year old Honda is spot on. Properly maintained this car should go 250k mi.
Put Mobil 1 FULL SYNTHETIC 5w-20 oil in it and you only have to do the oil+filter change every 10k miles - I swear by the stuff.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Still plenty of life left. But keep in mind that between 105 and 120k, the scheduled maintenance items that cost a bit come up. No timing belt apparently, but think you still do valve clearances, spark plugs which are quite expensive, wouldn't hurt to check water pump but will cost and likely be fine, transmission fluid change, coolant change, definitely do brake fluid if not already done. Use that as leverage on price negotiation - that's a few hundred dollars of work at least if done by dealer or good. Stick to Honda parts for sure. They are expensive but worth it
Old 10-23-2013, 07:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i bought a 07 fit with 90,000 miles on it about 2 years ago and i haven't had any problems with it. till now all i had to do is keep up with the regular maintenance and i hasn't giving me any problems since them. keeping in mind that it now shows +170,000.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

it's just broken in! fluids, brakes, rust coating, voila.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:05 AM
Old Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Honda Fit does not make a good family car at all. Trust me on this, getting the Fit now would mean, you'll be trading it in 1-2 years later.

I know that is not your question, but Odyssey is the best Honda you can buy in this situation. If that is not your cup of tea, then maybe at least a CRV. Fit will be a mistake I don't want to see you make.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

WHOA please tell us why the car that has one of the best service records of all time is on your hit list.

Try looking at the FACTS the Fit is a FINE car that runs very well for a long time.

Don't listen to this naysayer ^^^^^^^ he is completely WRONG.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Seems Consumer reports (if you have membership you can go there and get results) and YAHOO ratings agree with me and proves the naysayer is WRONG.

Scroll down to the fit report and see that it is VERY reliable.

http://autos.yahoo.com/honda/
Old 10-29-2013, 01:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GoLowDrew believes that only SUVs are worth buying. Frankly I hate those vehicles because it makes driving vehicles that aren't heavy pigs less safe.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:31 AM
Old Member

Originally Posted by fleabag
GoLowDrew believes that only SUVs are worth buying. Frankly I hate those vehicles because it makes driving vehicles that aren't heavy pigs less safe.
Not exactly, OP is going to start a family. It does not make sense to buy the smallest Honda in the line up.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The OP was not asking for advice on what kind of car to buy, but was asking advice on the worth and reliability on a Fit with 90,000 miles on the odo. All of the advice that was posted regarding his actual question was good and true. However, I agree with GoLowDrew on the advice that a larger Honda would be a better choice for a growing family. Of course, the car choice depends upon the budget of the buyer, but any larger vehicle would make life easier on a growing family. If the OP can't afford anything larger or newer, the 90K Fit will work with a little effort to get around the size limitations.

As usual, claymore's rant should be completely disregarded. He thinks that everyone should use his own miser's buying habits, and anyone who disagrees with him is a "troll" simply because he thinks with a six-year-old's fairy tale vocabulary. claymore is a 64-year old with no children to think about.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:45 PM
Old Member

Originally Posted by manxman
The OP was not asking for advice on what kind of car to buy, but was asking advice on the worth and reliability on a Fit with 90,000 miles on the odo. All of the advice that was posted regarding his actual question was good and true. However, I agree with GoLowDrew on the advice that a larger Honda would be a better choice for a growing family. Of course, the car choice depends upon the budget of the buyer, but any larger vehicle would make life easier on a growing family. If the OP can't afford anything larger or newer, the 90K Fit will work with a little effort to get around the size limitations.
Correct. My reply was off-topic to what his is asking.

Today is one kid. He will need to bring the stroller to the park. And the playpin and diaper bag. And stop by Costco for the box of diaper - on sale. Let's buy two boxes.

And then baby #2 comes along. To trade in that Fit for larger car later would be like taking two hits, one lost on the trade, and profit on the new car.

My reply was more for the OP to avoid a "mistake" in family transportation.

The Fit is a great car. I want one. (I also have a minivan for family and kids stuff).
Old 10-29-2013, 09:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by manxman

As usual, claymore's rant should be completely disregarded. He thinks that everyone should use his own miser's buying habits, and anyone who disagrees with him is a "troll" simply because he thinks with a six-year-old's fairy tale vocabulary.
Yo super troll just look at all the what can you Fit in the Fit threads and you will see there is plenty of room for anything children can throw at it with space left over. there was no need to call anyone a troll until you popped out from under your bridge to stick your nose in this thread if the name Fits wear it.
Old 10-30-2013, 01:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by claymore
Yo super troll just look at all the what can you Fit in the Fit threads and you will see there is plenty of room for anything children can throw at it with space left over. there was no need to call anyone a troll until you popped out from under your bridge to stick your nose in this thread if the name Fits wear it.
Just a reminder, little boy. Learn to read. I did not call anyone a troll- that is your exclusive habit on any and all forums. By the way, YOU don't own these forums. They exist for people to express their opinions. My opnion is just as valid as anyone's, especially yours.

And congratulations! Your favorite day is almost here. You can dress up in your little jungle camo clown suit and pretend to be a hero while you stick one of your little guns in your neighbor's faces and steal ALL of their candy. Happy Halloween to a child (or, as you describe yourself on the Sewer Forum, "a killer of men").
Old 10-30-2013, 10:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sure and that means I can post just as freely as you and disagree with your rants. You will note I never said anything about you in my original post. You the TROLL stick your rant in and then I called you a troll.

But the best news is I'm winning I can go forever without a peep from you but you think about me constantly living under your bridge just trying and failing to hatch a plan that might but not satisfy your burning desire to confront your OC demons. But alas you are still failing at that too.

I sleep peacefully at night but you on the other hand are confronted by your demon ME nightly.

Pleasant dreams king troll.

Quick Reply: Help! Is 90000 miles too much for 07 Honda Fit?