Notices
Honda Fit Honda Fit (Jazz)

The Fit Base..... Vs..... The Fit Sport.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 04:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Fit Base..... Vs..... The Fit Sport.....

I know this has been covered probably a million times

however... other then the few cosmetic changes... is there anything substantially different that for example... if you were a BASE owner, that is a major "post purchase regret".... that you should have picked up the sport model?

I've been "fit shopping" and i found about 6 fit bases in MT for 13,350

I just have to pick a color ... I figured i can get all the upgrades for cheaper after OR go aftermarket....

Thoughts?

I know the power might take away my woody considering i'm coming from a Supercharged 06 si....to a Fit base lol
Old 08-16-2007, 04:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: The Fit Base..... Vs..... The Fit Sport..... (Type X)

pretty much everything that makes it sport is cosmetic

Wheels
Lip kit
Foglights
Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel

and other **** like stuff to do with the Cd player i think Text on songs
Aux jack
i think cruise control
and prolly some other things i forgot
Old 08-16-2007, 04:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have a base Fit and the main thing people wish it had is the factory cruise control and aux out. I think the difference in price between the two is like 1500-2000. So if you are planning to go aftermarket bodykit, wheels, and headunit it may be better just to get the base if you don't mind missing the other items like cruise control, aux out, etc.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: The Fit Base..... Vs..... The Fit Sport..... (smeister)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by smeister &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have a base Fit and the main thing people wish it had is the factory cruise control and aux out. I think the difference in price between the two is like 1500-2000. So if you are planning to go aftermarket bodykit, wheels, and headunit it may be better just to get the base if you don't mind missing the other items like cruise control, aux out, etc.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yea that is kind of where i am now... i always end up changing half the crap anyway lol
Cruise i never use....... aux... really don't care.

So base it is
Since it reminds me of my old ep3... kinda sorta...
Old 08-16-2007, 07:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Fit Sport Upgraded Stereo!

Not much of a difference but the Sport has an upgraded 200-watt 6-speaker audio system while the Base has 160 and 4.

Modified by Fitifornia Blue at 10:42 AM 8/16/2007
Old 08-16-2007, 09:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Fit Sport Upgraded Stereo! (Fitifornia Blue)

Looks aside, go with the Sport.

I bought a base model first and had it for 9 months. I traded it in on a Sport and am 100% more satisfied with it. the Sport drives better and provides you with a few extra creature comforts.

If you already have plans to change the wheels and want to add on your own extrenal and interior accessories, then the base might be a good choice for you.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Fit Sport Upgraded Stereo! (SuzukaBlueAP2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SuzukaBlueAP2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Looks aside, go with the Sport.

I bought a base model first and had it for 9 months. I traded it in on a Sport and am 100% more satisfied with it. the Sport drives better and provides you with a few extra creature comforts.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

drives better now?
this is the response i'm looking for.... please explain.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Fit Sport Upgraded Stereo! (Type X)

The only reason it may drive better is the tires and wheels that comes with the Sport Fit.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:16 PM
eL
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The only driving difference is 195's instead of whatever the base comes with.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (eL)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The only driving difference is 195's instead of whatever the base comes with.</TD></TR></TABLE>

175 is my final answer.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:40 PM

You might want to ask about the rear folding seats. I don't know if it's different up here in Canada or not, but the Sport model had folding seats that folded all the way (straight flat with rear trunk) down compared to the base which folded down like most of the older civic fold down chairs (30 degree or so slant). Supposedly, the rear seats are totally different and the Sport can make a bit more room when folding the rear seats down~

Also heard that the base cd player can't play MP3's while the sport can~

My gf has the sport so I'm not sure about the base
Old 08-17-2007, 09:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Fit Sport Upgraded Stereo! (smeister)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by smeister &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The only reason it may drive better is the tires and wheels that comes with the Sport Fit.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Correct. And if someone doesn't have intention of changing wheels and tires, then I would recommend the sport.

And I think the Sport's ergo steering wheel is more comfortable.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:53 PM

My beef with the Sport is the extremely low ground clearance. It's bad enough in the Base, I couldn't imagine driving around here in a Sport model. Also, it'd be cool if they made a real "Base" model with no power stuff and charged like $12.5k for it.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:35 PM

everyone that owns a base model is gonna defend it till their last breath but youll find a similar feeling for the sport (myself included). Buy what you can afford or if you there is something you really like about the sport go for it...i love the look of my sport compared to the base and the AUX jack would have been a deal killer I literally would have gone for a rabbit if i didnt get an aux jack
Old 08-17-2007, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (arsim)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by arsim &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You might want to ask about the rear folding seats. I don't know if it's different up here in Canada or not, but the Sport model had folding seats that folded all the way (straight flat with rear trunk) down compared to the base which folded down like most of the older civic fold down chairs (30 degree or so slant). Supposedly, the rear seats are totally different and the Sport can make a bit more room when folding the rear seats down~

Also heard that the base cd player can't play MP3's while the sport can~

My gf has the sport so I'm not sure about the base</TD></TR></TABLE>

THis makes no sense. Sounds like someone with at base had something on the floor that prevented seats from going down all the way!

And correct the base CD will not play Mp3s
Old 08-18-2007, 02:30 AM

Default Re: (jetydosa)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jetydosa &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

THis makes no sense. Sounds like someone with at base had something on the floor that prevented seats from going down all the way!

And correct the base CD will not play Mp3s</TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually, for our Sport model, when the rear seats panels fold down, the bottom piece (where you put your @ss) moves forward a bit. And because the bottom piece is held up by a metal "U" shaped leg, slants forward making the seat lower allowing the panel to fold down flat. With our base model, the bottom piece doesn't slide forward, therefore the panel will rest slightly on the seat, creating a slant. Just like most other cars that can fold down their seats (especially older model cars), usually the panel is slanted because the seat doesn't move forward.

At least that's what happens with our base model.

Also, as I said earlier:

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by arsim &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I don't know if it's different up here in Canada or not, </TD></TR></TABLE>

and:

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by arsim &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My gf has the sport so I'm not sure about the base </TD></TR></TABLE>

Lastly, the reason I know this is because when my gf and I went car shopping, our salesperson (actually my friend working there) showed it to me. That's why I brought it up. I noticed no one talking about it much, so I wasn't sure if it was different elsewheres...
Old 08-24-2007, 07:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CivicWagonRUS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CivicWagonRUS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Also, it'd be cool if they made a real "Base" model with no power stuff and charged like $12.5k for it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I paid less than that when I bought my base.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

sport ftw
Old 08-27-2007, 02:03 AM

Default Re: (dank24)

if your gonna mod, even slightly, the base purchase gives you a few thousand more for power, look, sound what ever. but if your not, get the sport it has a bit more style and creature comforts stock.
personally i could only afford the base with my plans in mind
i also got the keyless and hfp rims
a few engine mods and suspension, but i like the humble look of the base model
Old 08-29-2007, 06:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (smirff07)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by smirff07 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if your gonna mod, even slightly, the base purchase gives you a few thousand more for power, look, sound what ever. but if your not, get the sport it has a bit more style and creature comforts stock.
personally i could only afford the base with my plans in mind
i also got the keyless and hfp rims
a few engine mods and suspension, but i like the humble look of the base model</TD></TR></TABLE>

i'm planning completed mugen, kseries, turbo, volks...as usually done with any of my vehicles

so base it is
Old 08-29-2007, 01:20 PM
eL
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: (Type X)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Type X &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i'm planning completed mugen, kseries, turbo, volks...as usually done with any of my vehicles

so base it is </TD></TR></TABLE>

Would be nice to see a "normal" person do all that to their Fit
Old 08-29-2007, 07:46 PM

i would think that with only a 2g price difference, wouldn't be better to get the sport?? everything already done to factory specs. could you really get something done aftermarket that looks as proffessional as the sport without spending a fortune? buying wheels, ground effects kit etc, then getting it all put on and having to worry about a good installation and paint job.....im glad i got the sport, its already done..no worries, and i have the nicer stereo.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: The Fit Base..... Vs..... The Fit Sport..... (rivergod56)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rivergod56 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i would think that with only a 2g price difference, wouldn't be better to get the sport?? everything already done to factory specs. could you really get something done aftermarket that looks as proffessional as the sport without spending a fortune? buying wheels, ground effects kit etc, then getting it all put on and having to worry about a good installation and paint job.....im glad i got the sport, its already done..no worries, and i have the nicer stereo.</TD></TR></TABLE>

2k for a lip kit and rims that if i wanted i could buy on forums for about 600 dollars...and financing ontop of that?

umm.. no i'll pass... Enjoy your stereo.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:01 AM

Default Re: (R0cko)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by R0cko &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My beef with the Sport is the extremely low ground clearance. It's bad enough in the Base, I couldn't imagine driving around here in a Sport model. Also, it'd be cool if they made a real "Base" model with no power stuff and charged like $12.5k for it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

My problem as well. I like to go camping, etc and I'm concerned about the low clearance of the sport model - anyone have experience with this?

I have a CRV right now and I'm looking for something with better MPG.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (michael49)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by michael49 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

My problem as well. I like to go camping, etc and I'm concerned about the low clearance of the sport model - anyone have experience with this?

I have a CRV right now and I'm looking for something with better MPG.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You might want to read this thread:

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/2079951

Not really informative, but your question will get answered there. Your post is OT in this thread.

Getting back to the thread, the only thing I'd want from a Sport model is the cruise control. Maybe you can retro fit one on the base, but there's nothing like OEM installed unit. But I drive a lot, so might not have any relevance to you.

Quick Reply: The Fit Base..... Vs..... The Fit Sport.....