Honda Fit Honda Fit (Jazz)

Driver's side door lock "jams" and doesn't work properly

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2017, 08:51 AM
Trial User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Driver's side door lock "jams" and doesn't work properly

Hello there,

I drive a 2010 Honda Fit Sport. The power locks don't work. I think I know why but don't know how to fix it. The driver's side door lock "switch" (the one you can flip manually from inside the car), makes a loud noise that I cannot describe. I took a video of this which is linked below. In addition, when I try to use the master door lock switch on the hand rest, it does nothing for the driver's side door (but it does open the other doors). I think there is a jam but not sure how to proceed. Any help would be appreciated.

You can see the video here (I hosted it on my Dropbox and shortened the URL using bit.ly):
http://bit.ly/fitdoorjam

In addition to that, my passenger side door (on the front row) sometimes fails to open. Sometimes I'm lucky and when I use the driver's hand rest master door switch, it'll open just fine. Other times, I have to reach over and manually unlock the door using the individual door switch which you can flip. I don't have a video for this but I can take one if you guys need it, just let me know.

All the other doors work fine, it would be nice to have power locks again though.
The following users liked this post: