Honda Fit Honda Fit (Jazz)

2010 Fit Sport horn, brake lights and cruise problem

Old 05-14-2019, 06:20 AM
Trial User

Default 2010 Fit Sport horn, brake lights and cruise problem

Hi, long story made short.

My horn & cruise doesn't work and also discovered brake lights don't work. Dealer diagnosed it as internal failure of the horn. Said I needed a new horn and while waiting for the part, they disconnected my horn and said my brakes & cruise were functional. They were for a day. Discovered last night on my drive home that once again the cruise and brake lights are not working.

Makes me think it's not the horn. I tried changing the interior fuse for the horn but it didn't change things. Could it be a bad battery fuse terminal assembly? I didn't realize there were fuses on top of the battery. Could it be the clock spring? I could see that maybe affecting horn and cruise but could it also affect the brake lights?
Old 05-14-2019, 02:38 PM
Global Moderator

Default Re: 2010 Fit Sport horn, brake lights and cruise problem

1. One commonality of the horn, brake lights, and cruise control is Under-dash Fuse No. 24 (10A). Re-check that fuse. If the fuse is okay, then if you have a voltmeter, check to see if there is power on both sides of the fuse.

2. Power going to the brake pedal position switch branches off of under-dash Fuse No. 24 and is separated from the horns.

Disconnect the white connector plug from the brake pedal position switch. With a voltmeter, check if there is battery power (+) at the white wire cavity terminal of the connector.

If there is power at the white wire (terminal no. 1) , insert a wire or small paper clip from the white wire cavity to the light green wire cavity (terminal no. 2). Does the brake lights turn on?

Last edited by tech8; 05-14-2019 at 04:44 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: