Notices
Honda Fit Honda Fit (Jazz)

2008 Fit Sport: worthwhile to replace the factory speakers?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Fit Sport: worthwhile to replace the factory speakers?

Hi,

I have a '08 Fit Sport with the factory "six" speaker set-up. Honda counts the front tweeters as speakers, I would not really.

Anyway, for those of you who have replaced the speakers, is it a worthwhile task?

What did you replace the factories with....brands, size, etc.

Did you use spacers?

Any subs? If so where is the install?

Any door insulation mods while the speakers were out?

Cheers, KK
Old 09-23-2007, 12:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2008 Fit Sport: worthwhile to replace the factory speakers? (KamakuraKid)

You should check out crutchfield.com for fitment on the car. Then search then net for the best prices on the model, brand, and size that you want.

Audio system upgrades are always a good thing provided that you have addtional amps or a new headunit to power those speakers. For subwoofers, going over 1,000 watts rms, a 1 farad capacitor should be used to save your oem battery. 1 farad is equal to 1,000 watts. Check out optima batteries if you want to upgrade that too.

I am a Pioneer and Alpine fan. Pioneer headunits and speakers along with Alpine amps and subs. Capacitor I use is from Boss Audio. Boss audio is cheap but produces lots of power...though quality is not the best.

There are much more companies out there...look them up and find what you like to compare with each other. As the same rule goes for modifying cars...you have to pay to play. Pay even more for quality.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:30 AM

Default Re: 2008 Fit Sport: worthwhile to replace the factory speakers? (Sturmmann)

Good information, but I think I am inclined to leave the factory head in place as I am not wanting a chopped look to the dash. Seeking a low-key visual to the dash, stock is best. In my experience, the less visually altered an interior looks the less attraction to thieves looking for a stereo to steal. Some of my friends live in areas where a car is not always safe on the street, I park in my home garage as a rule. My last car was a BMW and it was a mess to babysit, never again am I getting a magnet like a BMW.

I am wondering if replacing the factory tweeters (2) and speakers (4) would be worthwhile? I am uncertain as to the quality found in the Honda speakers over an aftermarket speaker. Would putting a sub in the rear make that much of a difference? Never had a sub in my past cars, only door speakers with tweeters and rear deck speakers. I am seeking clear, clean sound over the booming bass I hear and feel in many of the cars out there on the street.

Cheers.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2008 Fit Sport: worthwhile to replace the factory speakers? (KamakuraKid)

Petty thieves steal stereo systems because they can't steal anything else. Thieves with tow trucks are a different story...

Tinting windows help to some degree. Though stateside...thieves usually tamper with modified cars. If the car is stock it has less chance of being broken into. Still not completely safe because anything can be stolen and vandalized.

Anyways, Scoshe has a dash kit replacement for installation of aftermarket headunit.

It would NOT be worthwhile to change speakers because you are still using the OEM headunit. Stock is rated @ 200W max...unsure of RMS...but if you do not go over 200W output then sound system performance is still the same.

If you still want to change speakers then power it with an amp to increase performance. That is the only option for speaker upgrades besides aftermarket deck.