Notices
Honda Fit Honda Fit (Jazz)

2007 Honda Fit

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 11:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Honda Fit

I have a 2007 honda Fit,the engine has a misfire ..I had all plugs and wires changed. Dealer doesn't know what the problem is. Anyone have any Ideas??
Old 03-07-2010, 03:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon6 Re: 2007 Honda Fit

The misfire is caused by the failure of one of the four coil packs. One coil pack is mounted on the top of each spark plug. As the coil fails, it can no longer generate enough of an electric charge to make the plug fire. Your dealer knows damned well what is causing the misfire. This is a widely recognized problem with Fits, and it has been discussed frequently on several Fit forums.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2007 Honda Fit

quick question; how many miles are on your fit? just wondering when to expect this problem..

if you hook the car up to a scanner at autozone, it should spit out a code with the exact cylinder that is misfiring.. should...
Old 03-08-2010, 11:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey manxman, them SOB's I'm going back next Monday and I'm going to give them a ear full...Thanks for the tip....It started around 50-53,000 kms..
Old 03-08-2010, 11:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well, my comment about them "knowing damned well" may have been overly harsh---- maybe they are just clueless(??). But either case doesn't sound too good for you. Best of luck to you!
Old 03-08-2010, 04:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

As manxman stated, it should be one of the coilpacks failing. Though you said they replaced all plugs and wires, by wires do you mean the coilpacks or what wires?
Old 03-08-2010, 07:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon6 Re: 2007 Honda Fit

Yeah- good question. What wires were they talking about? The parts should be listed on your service invoice/work order. If they replaced all of the four coil packs, you would not have the missfire now. If they replaced one, it was the wrong one if you still have the missfire.

If you are able to do your own work, you could remove one plug- doesn't matter which one. Reduce the gap between the electrode and the ground prong. Reinstall the plug and start the engine. If the miss goes away, the plug that you altered is the one with the failing coil. If the miss is still there, keep altering each plug by reducing the gap by .010". IIRC, stock gap is .047. reduce the gap on each plug to .035. All altered plugs will work fine, and the narrowed gap requires less amperage to fire. the altered plug with the weak coil should work fine until you can buy and install a new coil pack. Or, if you have the budget, buy four new coils and install them without changing the plug gaps.

Changing the plug gaps is free. Buying four coils is expensive.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks guys...I'll get back after my next trip to the dealer.I can't tell you how happy i'll be to finally get rid of the misfire.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So I went to the dealer with my misfire problem on Monday. I told them what was wrong. They called me up later that day to pick up my car. When I get there they said they did the recall on the power windows, and they couldn't find enough misfire to replace a coil. They did say there was a small misfire but it wouldn't show any codes. I asked, so a small misfire in the motor while it's under warranty is not enough reason to change a coil..Sorry they said not enough to warrant any repairs. And that will be $107.00..and my Fit is still misfiring.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon3 Re: 2007 Honda Fit

No surprise at all. Read and follow post #7. Good luck.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:09 PM
Trial User

Originally Posted by blast123
So I went to the dealer with my misfire problem on Monday. I told them what was wrong. They called me up later that day to pick up my car. When I get there they said they did the recall on the power windows, and they couldn't find enough misfire to replace a coil. They did say there was a small misfire but it wouldn't show any codes. I asked, so a small misfire in the motor while it's under warranty is not enough reason to change a coil..Sorry they said not enough to warrant any repairs. And that will be $107.00..and my Fit is still misfiring.

We have a excet same problem here, my 2007 Honda Fit has had vibrations and episodes of stalling while driving since 37000km till present.. my fit is a automatic sports model. It seems that the jerking episodes occur when the car is shifting gears (eg. at speeds of 0-20, 40, 60, 80, 100, the car seems to be unable to decide which gear to shift to), and the engine feel like hesitated and losing power. It happens at random, car can be cool, warmed, does not seem to be affected by a certain environmental aspect, etc. Honda services had thought it was the air filter, but the problem is still and seems to be even worse. The problem seemed to occur when the RPM is lower (1500-2500 rpm) and the car is mildly jerking, a trial of boosting the RPM to 4000 seems to have helped, but recently, the car started to jerk even more violently as seen in the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqBDMqBWA1g
Old 06-07-2010, 08:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Check your sparking units. It's a well known problem
Old 06-30-2010, 11:57 AM
Trial User

Hello,
I am experiencing the same exact problems in my Honda Fit '07 Base model @ 52K (currently at 62K): bumps/skips in the transmission/engine when a) stopped while in drive (esp w/ AC on, but off also), b) and most notably when driving around 60-70mph and keeping the car at lower RPMs (under 3000). In fact, situation b) led to a CEL (fist time ever) coming on. The car felt very unsafe to drive.
I have brought the car to the dealership 4 times now (starting at initial occurrence @ 52K miles) and each time they said they could not reproduce it. Though, the third time they did get recommendation from Honda Corporate to adjust one of the valves (which, though suggested only after 100K, they did do free of charge < good thing too since it was under warranty).
Now, after the CEL I am about to pick it up from the 4th diagnostic of the same problem and they are telling me they cannot recreate the problem!!! This is getting ridiculous!
Please keep me updated on any further resolution of the problem. I am hoping to hunt down the answer in the various forums, but I don't want to shell out $$$ for pricey coil packs when Honda should be replacing them for me!

Thanks,
Rob
Old 06-30-2010, 03:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Personally, I think that your dealer is only pretending not to know what the problem is. This is one of those "intermittent bad ju-ju" situations where the dealer can keep their hands up in the air permanently. It's also one of those problems where, if you want it to go away, you have to take care of it yourself. Otherwise, get used to a car with the hiccups.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey guys...I noticed on the highway yesterday my power steering had some play every once in a while. Anyone experienced anything like that? (Honda Fit 2007)
Old 06-07-2011, 11:50 AM
Trial User

Originally Posted by Bennifer
We have a excet same problem here, my 2007 Honda Fit has had vibrations and episodes of stalling while driving since 37000km till present.. my fit is a automatic sports model. It seems that the jerking episodes occur when the car is shifting gears (eg. at speeds of 0-20, 40, 60, 80, 100, the car seems to be unable to decide which gear to shift to), and the engine feel like hesitated and losing power. It happens at random, car can be cool, warmed, does not seem to be affected by a certain environmental aspect, etc. Honda services had thought it was the air filter, but the problem is still and seems to be even worse. The problem seemed to occur when the RPM is lower (1500-2500 rpm) and the car is mildly jerking, a trial of boosting the RPM to 4000 seems to have helped, but recently, the car started to jerk even more violently as seen in the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqBDMqBWA1g
----------------

The jerking motion while the car is shifting, and the "wandering" back and forth between gears indicates a transmission problem. I have the same model sport with the same symptoms. The problem was fixed with a transmission service: replace fluid, filter, and adjust the transmission. The jerking is the transmission seeking a gear when the Fit is traveling at a speed near the gear-change point. We're mixing up two different problems in this thread. The coil pack problem, my Fit also has now. It's separate from the transmission problem. Frankly, I'm wondering why so many people are reporting the failure of ignition coils at only 50,000 to 70,000 miles. This is possibly a design flaw in the 07 model.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:33 PM
Trial User

I've been dealing with this awful stuttering problem with my '07 Honda Fit as well. I've had it since late 2006 and the problem only started late summer of 2012 and I've got about 90k miles on it now. I've taken it to the dealership three times. The first time, I needed a new battery anyway and they kept telling me they couldn't 'duplicate' the jittering problem. It would mainly only do it while stopped.

The second time around, it was really bad and would do it while driving as well. My check engine light finally came on and they told me that they could tell the car was 'misfiring' and they said they needed to do coil replacement and valve adjust. This was over $600. My car was great for exactly a week to the day and then it started hiccuping yet again.

It is in the shop today and they are telling me they don't know what's wrong but they could see the lights flicker. They told me that the alternator can't pull enough juice from the (new) battery and that the car is small and uses a small battery...so they can't put a bigger battery in it. They pretty much told me it was a design flaw of the car and to deal with it. I told them that was pretty crappy and the guy just goes "well ma'am, I can't say that." I'm about to go bother them in person about it. What a lame excuse.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What a crock of S**t time to replace your coil packs AT ANOTHER GARAGE.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

U
Originally Posted by missjules
I've been dealing with this awful stuttering problem with my '07 Honda Fit as well. I've had it since late 2006 and the problem only started late summer of 2012 and I've got about 90k miles on it now. I've taken it to the dealership three times. The first time, I needed a new battery anyway and they kept telling me they couldn't 'duplicate' the jittering problem. It would mainly only do it while stopped.

The second time around, it was really bad and would do it while driving as well. My check engine light finally came on and they told me that they could tell the car was 'misfiring' and they said they needed to do coil replacement and valve adjust. This was over $600. My car was great for exactly a week to the day and then it started hiccuping yet again.

It is in the shop today and they are telling me they don't know what's wrong but they could see the lights flicker. They told me that the alternator can't pull enough juice from the (new) battery and that the car is small and uses a small battery...so they can't put a bigger battery in it. They pretty much told me it was a design flaw of the car and to deal with it. I told them that was pretty crappy and the guy just goes "well ma'am, I can't say that." I'm about to go bother them in person about it. What a lame excuse.
If you are able, go through the following checklist in this thread. See if this helps:
http://hondafitforums.com/showthread.php?t=2026
Old 10-18-2012, 09:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Did they replace the plugs when they did the coils?
Old 10-22-2012, 07:43 PM
Trial User

Guys, new guy again. not too sure i should post over here, but here it is. Got a Japanese Fit 07, so the steering wheel has been changed over to the left side. Issue is steering is kind of hard both ways, no issues with the pump. Car is kind of pulling to the right all the time. Alignment and balancing of the wheels has been done. Been told steering is electronic so it can be 'adjusted' to be smooth as it should be.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

First there is no PUMP on a Fit steering system. Second the computer can NOT be adjusted to make it more smooth or anything else. If the people that are saying that are the ones who did the conversion it's time to take it to someplace that knows what they are doing.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:56 AM
Trial User

and there you are again. Thanks, man. The pump thing was mines. But i was told that it needed some type of adjustment. other people say that since it is a conversion, it doesnt get smooth both ways but that one side is rather harder than the other. I have been advised to take it to the Honda dealership here in DR where they say this can be fixed. I will tell you how it went afterwards.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:48 AM
Trial User

Have a similar problem.Steering got really hard all of a sudden.Turned the car off and restarted it. Seemed fine afterward.Im afraid this will happen again.Any fix to your issue with steering??Looked up online and found most probable cause is EPS control unit.Need Help!!
Old 11-27-2012, 02:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ive had this issue before and it was the coil pack that was miss firing tell them that this is a common issue on our 07 fit. thanks

Quick Reply: 2007 Honda Fit