Notices
Honda Fit Honda Fit (Jazz)

08 Fit Sport A/C doesn’t turn on

Old 04-21-2019, 12:29 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 Fit Sport A/C doesn’t turn on

Hi guys. Last week I got a new stereo and speakers from crutchfield and installed everything.
As far as installation goes, all went as expected, standard harness installation. There was one harness that went unconnected from the factory radio and it used to be connected to the factory radio. Since the new stereo doesn’t have a CD drive, I thought (and still think) it’s nothing to worry about because it’s CD related.
The stereo and speakers work as intended....however, now my A/C doesn’t turn on. The blower / fan never starts blowing. The only thing I did as far as climate control goes, is that I had to disconnected some harnesses while I installed the new stereo in and then just connect them back when I put everything back. I didn’t have to cut any wires or make any changes to anything NOT stereo related, so this AC problem has me completely out of ideas.
Here’s what I’ve done,
1. Checked the interior fuse box - even though I couldn’t find an “AC fuse” I went ahead and checked every single fuse, all seem to be in good shape.
2. Checked the fuse relay box under the hood. Everything seems to be in good working order, and the way I checked the relays was, I took the relays from the compressor and the fan, and put them into the headlights relay position then turned my headlights on...they worked fine.

I have not been able to find an AC fuse anywhere. Is that something that I’m missing. Any other ideas of what to check?